dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2016

691 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We can call NVC and confirm it, but for India I believe you are required to get PCC.

Ok ill call then , its only because previously i had other relatives who only took the pcc to the interview , they never had to send it to nvc

Timeline

I told I-864A not I-864.

Oh god, I freaked out. Thank you. Sorry about the confusion.

We can call NVC and confirm it, but for India I believe you are required to get PCC.

Ok ill call then , its only because previously i had other relatives who only took the pcc to the interview , they never had to send it to nvc

If thats the case, than call them and confirm. If you can provide it directly at interview you can save some time.

Filed: Timeline

I called nvc a while ago because its been a month since they got the mail and the lady who i talked to said they're still waiting for my husband's passport copy and other docs. (I sent them my husband's passport copy, nbi/police clearance, birthcert, marriage cert, my birth cert, my us cit cert, my passport, my w2, pay stubs, employment letter, irs transcript, tax form, my parenets pay stubs, employment letters, w2 forms, irs transcripts, 1040, ids.)I told her that the i already sent them in. and she told me they havent review it but they got the mail

on june 26th. ????????. she sounds really irritated...

Please suggest on what i should do? should i ask the nvc ageant to review my case over the phone? or what?

Edited by Awesome22

Timeline

I called nvc a while ago because its been a month since they got the mail and the lady who i talked to said they're still waiting for my husband's passport copy and other docs. I told her that the i already sent them in. and she told me they havent review it but they got the mail

on june 26th. ????????. she sounds really irritated.

Call again and confirm with another rep. I hope everything is fine with the review. My scan date is July 1st so hoping for CC next week.

Has anyone here used Saylin's Wiki NVC processing guide on VJ? It has been helpful for me so far. She is pretty thorough on what to do if you are stuck or something comes up that you have not seen before. I would recommend to everyone who is not familiar with it yet.

Timeline

yes hopefully. I will call again tonight and ask again. its better to confirm with more than 2 people right.

I agree, it is better to call more than 2 people. I think you will get your CC today if not than tomorrow.

My AOS fee is now shown as "PAID" and my IV fee is "IN PROCESS" Can I proceed to complete the DS-260 form?

On that section it shows "NOT STARTED", whenever I click there it's just a blank grey screen, unless I have to go straight to that page...

CR-1 Visa Journey

1/01/13 - Dating

12/26/15 - Married

USCIS

2/26/16 - Filed I-130

2/26/16 - I-130 received at NSC

3/08/16 - Received NOA1

6/22/16 - Received NOA2

NVC

7/05/16 - Petition sent

7/11/16 - Petition received

7/25/16 - Case & Invoice # received over phone

7/26/16 - Submitted DS-261

7/27/16 - AOS fee generated

7/27/16 - AOS fee paid (online)

7/28/2016 - IV fee generated

7/28/2016 - IV fee paid (online)

7/28/2016 - AOS fee shown as "PAID"

8/1/2016 - IV fee shown as "PAID"

8/1/2016 - DS-260 completed

8/12/2016 - Mailed AOS/IV packet

8/16/2016 - Scan date

9/6/2016 - Case Complete

9/12/2016 - Interview date given via phone

9/13/2016 - Received interview letter via e-mail

EMBASSY

10/13/2016 - Medical Appointment/VAC

10/27/2016 - Interview Date

10/28/2016 - Visa issued

11/3/2016 - Visa in mail

11/5/2016 - POE

12/17/2016 - Received Residency Card

FINALLY TOGETHER!!! :dancing: :jest: :dance:(L)

Timeline

My AOS fee is now shown as "PAID" and my IV fee is "IN PROCESS" Can I proceed to complete the DS-260 form?

On that section it shows "NOT STARTED", whenever I click there it's just a blank grey screen, unless I have to go straight to that page...

Your DS-260 will be unlocked once IV fee shows paid. It will take 3 to 4 business days before you can start with your DS 260 online. However, you can see the pdf version online and start gathering all the necessary information. It will take a while if you are not prepared with all the information. On the other hand, if you have all the required information it will be easy.

Edited by dharshal1992

i know its strange that they did not even review it since its been a month and i sent them everything.

It's just about being patient... if you are certain that you sent in everything then just sit back and relax. It took them 35 days to review my case. I'm sure you will get your CC soon.

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 20, 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: February 26, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: May 6, 2016 (71 days from NOA1)
Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 11, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: May 26, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: May 27, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: June 2, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: June 3, 2016
Pay IV Fee: June 3, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 6, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via FedEx): June 8, 2016
Scan date: June 9, 2016
CC: July 14, 2016 (FINALLY saw 3rd N/A... 35 days after scan date)
Confirmation of CC email received: July 21, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: July 26, 2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: August 5, 2016
Medical Exam (@SLEC): August 3-4, 2016

Sputum samples given: August 15-17, 2016

Pulmo Consultation: August 18, 2016 (sputum smear is NEGATIVE!)

Results of sputum culture: October 12, 2016 (NEGATIVE!)

Completed: October 17, 2016
Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

Visa ready for pickup @MOA (via 2GO tracking): October 26, 2016

Visa in hand: October 27, 2016

Pay Greencard Fee: October 27, 2016

POE: November 6, 2016 (L)

SSN received (via USPS): November 14, 2016

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

Case was received at NVC today! Excited to get moving with this. Hurry up case number!

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.