ecordo

N-400 July 2016 Filers

821 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
15 minutes ago, Tuftufwang said:

Thanks! I'm actually applying under 5-year rule. I'm just a bit paranoid because my green card was obtained through marriage and my citizenship interview requires a lot fewer documents than the green card process!

Oh ok. You should be fine then. Once you passed the 5 year, the marriage part becomes irrelevant. Even divorce wouldn't matter in this case. They won't even bother with evidences.

Edited by peachtree

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I am getting all ready for my interview nxt Wednesday and realized I have one missing info - an entry stamp in my passport for a trip back in summer 2011. It was a trip to Italy and I was out only for 6 days. SO puzzling. Every trip I took overseas had an entry stamp upon return to the US. Has anyone experienced the IO asking for verification for entry stamps in passports? THanks. Now, I'm super worried......I only took 6 trips in the last 5 years totaling 79 days. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
6 hours ago, Tuftufwang said:

Hi everyone, 

I am getting all ready for my interview nxt Wednesday and realized I have one missing info - an entry stamp in my passport for a trip back in summer 2011. It was a trip to Italy and I was out only for 6 days. SO puzzling. Every trip I took overseas had an entry stamp upon return to the US. Has anyone experienced the IO asking for verification for entry stamps in passports? THanks. Now, I'm super worried......I only took 6 trips in the last 5 years totaling 79 days. 

They don't care about US entry stamps, they use passenger data when u book an airlines ticket to ascertain when and where you've been, I have Global Entry and never even see an immigration office when returning to stamp anything.

Timeline
19 hours ago, ChristianZane said:

They don't care about US entry stamps, they use passenger data when u book an airlines ticket to ascertain when and where you've been, I have Global Entry and never even see an immigration office when returning to stamp anything.

Thanks for sharing. You are completely right. Didn't think of global entry. Super anxious about my upcoming interview in 3 days 

Have you guys checked some case numbers that next to yours on myUSCIS - Case Status? For example, if your case number is 12345 then you check 12346 or 12347 going forward. I just did some of these and the result was shocking. All of them received interview letter or oath ceremony letter. Wow..... almost everyone that filed later than me already received interview letter..... This makes me really frustrated..... Speechless...... 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, enoughwait said:

Have you guys checked some case numbers that next to yours on myUSCIS - Case Status? For example, if your case number is 12345 then you check 12346 or 12347 going forward. I just did some of these and the result was shocking. All of them received interview letter or oath ceremony letter. Wow..... almost everyone that filed later than me already received interview letter..... This makes me really frustrated..... Speechless...... 

Hi Enoughwait,

When you check a case number subsequent to yours, you don't know where local office that case is being handled. The numbers are assigned in the order received independent of the local office it will be processed. Since Dallas Office is behind almost all others local offices, is natural that other cases from other offices, received after yours, the processing stage are ahead.

Also it s illegal to check the status of a case that you are not the applicant or not have authorization to check. If the USCIS network security team identify a large number of request to different cases from same originated IP, they may think there is a attempt to hack the system and start an investigation. So don't do this.

Cheers.

Edited by Ceres

Timeline

Sharing interview experience today at Chicago field office. Hoping this would help others as this forum has been quite invaluable to me. Thanks to everyone who have answered my questions and best of luck to all, especially the July 2016 filers. ;)

My appointment was at 845am. Called in ten minutes after. I was out by 915am. Interview took less than 20 minutes.

Showed passports (expired and current). Green card. Drivers license. Letter of appointment. 

Civics test first and writing/reading. 

Started to go through application.

Confirmed name change. No issues. I had 2 aliases because my official name has no last name. Only one given name. Long story....

Confirmed personal information.

I forgot to tick the box that my parents are not US citizens. She corrected that.

Updated my travel details because I had one additional trip taken in January which was about 17 days. 

I offered her a corrected sheet of my travels but she said it wasn't necessary. She updated it directly on the system.

She did look at the entry stamp for my latest trip. 

Also, she looked at EVERY PAGE in my passports (current and expired). 

There was one missing entry stamp from my trip to Italy 5 years ago but she didn't bring that up. 

I think she found a few stamps and sort of skipped the rest. 

NO other documents were requested from me. I had over-prepared. 

Yes/No questions were next. Straightforward.

I had a bizarre stop sign and expired driver's license citation 2 years back. Showed up at court to show a valid license. Judge dismissed the case. No fine paid. Nothing. No records. I didn't mention this on my form because I couldn't produce any sort of records since no fines were paid and my driver's record showed nothing. It was my personal judgement that this wasn't worth mentioning because there literally was no court records. Decided it wasn't worth the trouble. 

Then she said congratulations, I have approved you. That means I received a Recommendation for Approval. 

Oath ceremony should be mailed 4-6 weeks. She said Chicago is behind. Because of my name change, I will be taking the oath in a courthouse and not the auditorium at the Chicago field office. 

My green card expires in about a month and half. I asked if I could get a stamp in case I need to travel. She said she's not sure if Chicago is still giving the stamps for green card holders. They stopped for a period and restarted....

Ok, that's it. Now, waiting for oath to be scheduled. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hello all, 

My husband has his interview at the Seattle field office today. It went well, the officer was very nice, and he didn't even ask for a lot of the extra documentation we brought just in case. He got his approval letter and the case was updated on the USCIS website as being in line for the oath. Almost at the same time we got another update message from USCIS which said: 

"We recommended that your Form N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION be approved and your case was submitted for quality review. This is a standard process we use to ensure the quality of our decisions. Once our quality review is done you will be scheduled for an oath ceremony."

Is this really part of the normal process? Anyone else get this message? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, RealQuetzal said:

Hello all, 

My husband has his interview at the Seattle field office today. It went well, the officer was very nice, and he didn't even ask for a lot of the extra documentation we brought just in case. He got his approval letter and the case was updated on the USCIS website as being in line for the oath. Almost at the same time we got another update message from USCIS which said: 

"We recommended that your Form N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION be approved and your case was submitted for quality review. This is a standard process we use to ensure the quality of our decisions. Once our quality review is done you will be scheduled for an oath ceremony."

Is this really part of the normal process? Anyone else get this message? 

I got the same message, my case status say in line for oath though .

22 hours ago, Ceres said:

Hi Enoughwait,

When you check a case number subsequent to yours, you don't know where local office that case is being handled. The numbers are assigned in the order received independent of the local office it will be processed. Since Dallas Office is behind almost all others local offices, is natural that other cases from other offices, received after yours, the processing stage are ahead.

Also it s illegal to check the status of a case that you are not the applicant or not have authorization to check. If the USCIS network security team identify a large number of request to different cases from same originated IP, they may think there is a attempt to hack the system and start an investigation. So don't do this.

Cheers.

That makes sense. Thanks for the information. I will just wait patiently lol 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
13 hours ago, GandJae said:

I got the same message, my case status say in line for oath though .

Mine does too, it must be a part of the normal process, it just freaked us out a little bit. Thank you!

Timeline

My timeline. Had interview yesterday. Online (ELIS) status updated to USCIS has scheduled your oath ceremony and will mail you the appointment notice.

I also received 2 emails simultaneously. One says "Post Decision Activity....Recommended for approval...you case submitted for quality review". The other one followed shortly and reads " Case status: Oath ceremony.....in line for oath cermony" 

A little confusing at first but both my ELIS and USCIS case status pages show "Oath Ceremony"

NOA 7/22/16

FP 8/18/2016

Interview notice 1/31/2017

Interview 3/8/2017

Oath scheduled status update 3/9/2017

Field office: Chicago

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.