Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Halalbrother,

My only update with inquiry was on january 20th, all other were updated without inquiry.

I took Nathasa's advice and I am not involving congress or senate, because there is nothing they can do.I even think it bothers embassy.

I don't know that it bothers the embassy...

I mean maybe, but I'm not sure why it would.

All the congressperson did was email the embassy, the same as I email the embassy.

And the embassy responds with the same response they email me.

I guess if email 'bothers them' that's just part of the job - part of what happens when they make people wait for months and months with no information. But this is hardly something new (AP that is).

Besides I'm pretty sure that most of the emailing at the embassy is from low level employees (as opposed to the case workers).

I got ridiculous replies from the embassy (prior to my interview) which said that they didn't even necessarily know what I was talking about, they were completely unable to answer my case question, till I emailed like 3 times and a month went by.

So I'm not too worried about 'bothering' them with email. Because those people aren't the ones making a decision on the case.

Lastly AP is largely handled in Washington DC by the FBI and Homeland Security plus the Department of State. That's where they do all the database search, background search, biometrics, fingerprint search etc.

The real barrier for Cairo it seems to me, is that everyone has the same name, the alphabet is not roman so there are a thousand different ways to translate a name from arabic, Egyptian government record keeping isn't exactly state of the art, and the case load at the embassy is too great for the number of employees there.

That isn't written down anywhere. That's an opinion based on my research and my own experiences throughout this process.

Anyway, god willing we can all stop guessing soon and just get on with our lives with our loved ones!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello all,

Last night I sent an email to embassy to see if any changes in my case. They answered and I received email when I woke up this morning. It also updated my status in CEAC website. Is that supposed to be so fast?

They answered the same thing about mandatory AP.

Timeline

Was this what the email said?

Please note that your case is currently undergoing mandatory administrative processing.

The time needed to review an individual’s case is difficult to predict. Once this process is complete, we will notify you of the next step in your case.

I've had that email sent to me maybe 4 times now in response to my emails or my congressperson.

Timeline

Yes, that same one.

My question is, are they so fast?

Was this what the email said?

Please note that your case is currently undergoing mandatory administrative processing.

The time needed to review an individuals case is difficult to predict. Once this process is complete, we will notify you of the next step in your case.

I've had that email sent to me maybe 4 times now in response to my emails or my congressperson.

Timeline

Jissa this is normal to have updated date and they reapond fast this is notmal too,when its still undergoing Mandatory Administrative Processing that's mean this step still not finished yet ,this step is background check and name check,when this step is clear they will go to review the case and then make a decision in sha Allah,that's what i got feom other VJ members here,wish for all of us the best Allahum Ameen.

Keep updating guys and thank you all.

Timeline

Dillygooes and jissa they are responding to us same email because this step should be clear by security facilities in USA and name check so it's not in them hand to speed the process that what I know from other memebers here,after they finish this step then they will review the case by officer and then if they need update documents then they will ask for and make a decision,it's to hard for all of us but just stay strong and everything will be good for all of us,they are doing them job and we will wait until they finished because if you got frastrated now this is not good so try to be more patient and pray and it will be done soon in sha Allah.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Hi guys! Just spoke with a rep from NVC n she told me that hubby's case is with DOS.. Pending name check..Re u kidding me!!almost 4months next week.. What re they checking that donot seem to have an end!!! Feeling frustrated..

Timeline

Sorry to hear that,but we all in same step I wish this check end soon I really need to be with my wife and my kids,ya Rabb

this AP process is crazy...

Timeline

Hi guys! Just spoke with a rep from NVC n she told me that hubby's case is with DOS.. Pending name check..Re u kidding me!!almost 4months next week.. What re they checking that donot seem to have an end!!! Feeling frustrated..

Hi bookman, I was wondering what happened to you. I'm surprised the NVC person told you anything. At least that's some information...

I can't believe it takes 4 months to check a name! That doesn't make much sense. I suppose the FBI/DOS are behind in all these security checks...

Did they happen to say that's the last step? Maybe you'll be issued soon?

Last time I called NVC (which was maybe a month ago) the person I spoke to told me our case was in AP and they couldn't tell me anything else...

Timeline

Hi bookman, I was wondering what happened to you. I'm surprised the NVC person told you anything. At least that's some information...

I can't believe it takes 4 months to check a name! That doesn't make much sense. I suppose the FBI/DOS are behind in all these security checks...

Did they happen to say that's the last step? Maybe you'll be issued soon?

Last time I called NVC (which was maybe a month ago) the person I spoke to told me our case was in AP and they couldn't tell me anything else...

dillygoose, I was surprised when she told me my case is with DOS..girl this AP thing is killing me slowly.. Especially when I check CEAC ten thousand times a day n still see AP. case updated date 4 March 2016.... I'm praying for some good news for all of us here.. Seeing someone get issue after AP give me some hope but we re all waiting n waiting without updates.. What a nightmare!

Timeline

It is really the worst.

Its unbelievable to me they can just take as long as they want and they don't have to tell you anything.

The whole process before AP is kinda clear, there's information about what's happening, and there's some idea of when you'll be able to move on to the next step. Then wham AP and your whole life just stops.

I basically can't think about anything else. Just keep wishing I knew when the end will be.

I keep hoping we are all going to be issued soon. So we can be with the ones we love. And have a life.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.