Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

as far as I know, Some Embassy kept the passport some not.... keeping it or not is not important...In my view the important thing is that your case is keep updated...mine hasn't update since interview near 1 month.....and because after interview I should back to my Country, They gave me my passport to travel...

when was ur interview? I had no update for 4months.. In Liberia CO does not keep passport if u re on AP for any reason..

Filed: Country:
Timeline

when was ur interview? I had no update for 4months.. In Liberia CO does not keep passport if u re on AP for any reason..

mine was not in Cairo, it was in Abu dhabi.... but I am on AP since june 12 on Embassy website And june 16 on CEAC website...I had my interview on june 9

Timeline

mine was not in Cairo, it was in Abu dhabi.... but I am on AP since june 12 on Embassy website And june 16 on CEAC website...I had my interview on june 9

AP cases is taking 5-6months to get clear but for other it's shorter..we pray for the best.. Hang in there I know how it feels.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

i sent email to consular yesterday he didn't reply but ceac status updated it obvious he did open my email. but today our cases was updated and no reply to my email yet :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Kamal,

Sometimes when they didn't replay that's mean they didn't have something to say and I know how it's feel,but just try to have faith you will have your visa soon and don't forget us in your prayers.

Ahmed and luna,

I wish for you guys an easy and smooth process my advice is before you do something you can ask here,it will save your time and make you soon together,here are a lot of helpful people and they always respond to any inquiry, wish for you the best.

Jissa,

Do you have any updates?

Timeline

Bookman,

This is a good news hope you got your husband visa issued soon.

Sata,

Hang on bro you will get it soon.

I know I am so inpatient :)

@ Kamal: in Abu dhabi embassy when you put your Case number for check... they said that sending the mail will not help you....

"Your application for a U.S. immigrant visa is undergoing routine administrative processing. This processing can require from two weeks to several months. As soon as this processing is completed, the Embassy will post a message to this website with further instructions. Please continue to check this website on a regular basis for updates.There is no need for you to write, email, call or fax the Embassy with inqueries on the case, as that will not speed processing."

So let them do their job

Edited by Sata

Timeline

Sata,

This is what is exactly means,but you can ask every two weeks it's not going to hurt for them.

What I know from here its not Mandatory Administrative Processing so i think it will be resolved between 6 to 8 weeks and wish less than this and it's different from case to case but I really wish you the best.

Timeline

Sata,

This is what is exactly means,but you can ask every two weeks it's not going to hurt for them.

What I know from here its not Mandatory Administrative Processing so i think it will be resolved between 6 to 8 weeks and wish less than this and it's different from case to case but I really wish you the best.

Thank you Halalbrother....

I wish u the best too... I really like your positive energy in your posts... (F)

Edited by Sata

Timeline

Sata,

thanks Halalbrother hope soon n praying for u too..

Timeline

Sata,

You're welcome bro.

Bookman,

Thank you,wish for all of us the best.

BTW for all memebers here I see I didn't interduce my name sorry for this.

My name is Ahmed

Dillygoose,

Do you have any updates?

Timeline

Sata,

You're welcome bro.

Bookman,

Thank you,wish for all of us the best.

BTW for all memebers here I see I didn't interduce my name sorry for this.

My name is Ahmed

Dillygoose,

Do you have any updates?

very nice name.. I had a friend long time ago by the name Ahmed. He was a very nice guy, n so is u.?....Mai is my name..lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Nice to meet you Ahmed and Mai! :thumbs:

My name is Kristyn.

Its good we get to know some people while we wait on our visa journey. Especially in this time of AP which we can all agree is difficult :clock:

We are still 0 updates here. Interview was March 15th. Almost 4 months now.

I'm hoping now that Ramadan is over and Eid is almost done too, there will be some updates for Cairo!

Timeline

Dillygoose and Jissa08111 where re u ladies, any updates? Ahmed commonly known as Halabrother n I re in search for u both.

Edited by bookman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.