McAbby

Income meets the 100% poverty requirement only

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please help. My boyfriend is 19 with dual citizenship US and Philippines but unfortunately his income does not reach the 125% of the poverty requirement. He moved to the US just last year and started working last October 2015. I am from the Philippines. Please help on what chances do we have in acquiring a fiance visa. we both don't have kids, never been married before, no criminal records. We can provide strong relationship evidences since we lived together in the Philippines for 4 months and our families both have met each other and have no problems whatsoever in us getting married. We know that Philippines don't usually approve co-sponsors so we are avoiding that one to raise red flags. What suggestions do you have? should he get another job to reach the 125% income requirement and get his own apartment?? or can he just rent a room since apartment is very costly and he still needs to pay for visa fees.

I know that you guys might think that we are not financially stable so we can't marry yet but please don't judge I am 23 and already a licensed nurse in the US so I am hoping I can find a job as soon as I get a working permit and help with the expenses. We missed each other so much you have no idea how this is stressing us both :( please suggestions.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please help. My boyfriend is 19 with dual citizenship US and Philippines but unfortunately his income does not reach the 125% of the poverty requirement. He moved to the US just last year and started working last October 2015. I am from the Philippines. Please help on what chances do we have in acquiring a fiance visa. we both don't have kids, never been married before, no criminal records. We can provide strong relationship evidences since we lived together in the Philippines for 4 months and our families both have met each other and have no problems whatsoever in us getting married. We know that Philippines don't usually approve co-sponsors so we are avoiding that one to raise red flags. What suggestions do you have? should he get another job to reach the 125% income requirement and get his own apartment?? or can he just rent a room since apartment is very costly and he still needs to pay for visa fees.

I know that you guys might think that we are not financially stable so we can't marry yet but please don't judge I am 23 and already a licensed nurse in the US so I am hoping I can find a job as soon as I get a working permit and help with the expenses. We missed each other so much you have no idea how this is stressing us both :( please suggestions.

It is true USEM does not always accept co-sponsors with the K-1 visa, but if you need to use a co-sponsor having a close family member (parents, siblings) does improved the odds of acceptance. Only have two choices, increase income or use a co-sponsor. If family in the US is willing to co-sponsor then go that route.

With that said, many times the CO during the interview is not asking for the I-134 support evidence, never know. But it is better to be prepared than to be disappointed later.

Philippines forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

Finding a second job would increase his income. Also if he has some cash saved in his bank account he can use the cash as well as his income to meet the requirements. I am sure there is a formula for how much his income and how much cash savings he have to show...I read it somewhere. If you think he have some savings, then share this here with his income and am sure someone will give you exact numbers of how much cash on hand he should have to qualify for the affidavit of support.

Your fiancé may be able to qualify on his own. The U.S. Embassy Manila tends to look at the petitioner's "current sustained income." If your fiancé's 2016 income is on track to exceed 125% of the poverty level, then there should be no problem. Along with the I-134, income tax return, and the W-2, you can submit a few of his recent paycheck stubs to show that his current sustained income will exceed 125% of the poverty level. Also, submitting an employer's letter could make your case stronger.

If your fiance's 2016 income will not exceed 125% of the poverty level, I would suggest that you try to submit his cosponsor's I-864 rather than the I-134. Others have done this. The I-864 carries more weight because it is more legally binding.

Also, the consular officer will look at the totality of your circumstances. They understand that Filipinos will help support their children. They will also take into account that you are upwardly mobile because you are already a licensed U.S. RN, and you are very unlikely to become a public charge in the U.S.

You may have no problem because lately the embassy has not been asking many K-1ers to submit an I-134. However, it is always a good idea to go to your interview fully prepared.

On a side note, if you don't mind saying, how did you qualify to sit for the NCLEX?

Timeline

Your fiancé may be able to qualify on his own. The U.S. Embassy Manila tends to look at the petitioner's "current sustained income." If your fiancé's 2016 income is on track to exceed 125% of the poverty level, then there should be no problem. Along with the I-134, income tax return, and the W-2, you can submit a few of his recent paycheck stubs to show that his current sustained income will exceed 125% of the poverty level. Also, submitting an employer's letter could make your case stronger.

If your fiance's 2016 income will not exceed 125% of the poverty level, I would suggest that you try to submit his cosponsor's I-864 rather than the I-134. Others have done this. The I-864 carries more weight because it is more legally binding.

Also, the consular officer will look at the totality of your circumstances. They understand that Filipinos will help support their children. They will also take into account that you are upwardly mobile because you are already a licensed U.S. RN, and you are very unlikely to become a public charge in the U.S.

You may have no problem because lately the embassy has not been asking many K-1ers to submit an I-134. However, it is always a good idea to go to your interview fully prepared.

On a side note, if you don't mind saying, how did you qualify to sit for the NCLEX?

Thank you. he is on the process of looking for another job we just want to avoid raising any red flags that will cause the refusal of our visa.

I was able to sit for the nclex test by submitting requirements from philippines to US it took me like 6 months before I completed everything. There is a testing center here in Manila Philippines it's where I took my NCLex. Each state have different required documents most states require SSN. so for people residing abroad they should choose a state that does not require one like Texas and New Mexico for example. :)

I was able to sit for the nclex test by submitting requirements from philippines to US it took me like 6 months before I completed everything. There is a testing center here in Manila Philippines it's where I took my NCLex. Each state have different required documents most states require SSN. so for people residing abroad they should choose a state that does not require one like Texas and New Mexico for example. :)

Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if there were any states left which did not require a Social Security number in order to qualify to sit for the NCLEX. When did you apply to sit for the NCLEX? Do you know if Texas and New Mexico currently require a Social Security number? Also, many states now have concurrency requirements.

Timeline

Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if there were any states left which did not require a Social Security number in order to qualify to sit for the NCLEX. When did you apply to sit for the NCLEX? Do you know if Texas and New Mexico currently require a Social Security number? Also, many states now have concurrency requirements.

I just took my texas nclex last march this year. To make sure you can always visit the Board of nursing site of the state you wish to apply for and then you can always email or call them. I'd be happy to help you if you decide to apply at texas since I just took mine recently so for sure not much has changed yet.

I just took my texas nclex last march this year. To make sure you can always visit the Board of nursing site of the state you wish to apply for and then you can always email or call them. I'd be happy to help you if you decide to apply at texas since I just took mine recently so for sure not much has changed yet.

Sorry to ask so many off-topic questions, so thank you again for your reply. I'm not asking about the NCLEX for myself. I'm just interested in the process because my Pinay wife, Chinook, is a U.S. RN. When she applied for the NCLEX in 2008, there were few states that had a Social Security number requirement or concurrency requirements. Now it seems that most states have those requirements. It's very time consuming to check the requirements on each state's BON web site, so I appreciate your information.

Congratz on passing the NCLEX-RN...! Malapit na, you are going to be a U.S. nurse with a busog purse...!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

not only for the approval but i am sure kids are in your future / not cheap to raise kids in US

don't be strapped for money in your new marriage

increase the income

Timeline

not only for the approval but i am sure kids are in your future / not cheap to raise kids in US

don't be strapped for money in your new marriage

increase the income

We both believe kids are expensive no matter which country you are from and also to raise kids it's not just about having a fat bank account you need to be mentally prepared aswell we know we are no where ready to be parents.for now, We both just want to focus on being together, enjoy our married life, save up, focus on our career. Maybe when we are 30 we will have kids haha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.