Lavender7

Who can request an expedite for IR-1/CR-1

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I would go the fiancee route you have plenty of evidence due to living together gather it all....and file :yes:

Is it ok to file while he lives out on the US?? I dont know???

Ladies?? :huh2:

We can't do the fiancee thing because we are already married: ) And yes, it is totally ok to apply even if USC lives outside the States .

Unfortunately, most people on this forum find themselves in a situation where they have to spend significant amounts of time apart from their loved ones. That is part of the process for most of us. I hope you will find a way to avoid that.

Have you thought about who will sponsor you and how your husband will prove maintaned US domicile or intend to re-establish domicile? It seems these might be your key obstacles, apart from the long wait.

They are already married though.

:wow: missed that lol sorry cr1 then

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Unfortunately, most people on this forum find themselves in a situation where they have to spend significant amounts of time apart from their loved ones. That is part of the process for most of us. I hope you will find a way to avoid that.

Have you thought about who will sponsor you and how your husband will prove maintaned US domicile or intend to re-establish domicile? It seems these might be your key obstacles, apart from the long wait.

They are already married though.

Yes, all that is covered:) As I've already mentioned his parents will be sponsoring us. And he can also prove domicile.

We can't do the fiancee thing because we are already married: ) And yes, it is totally ok to apply even if USC lives outside the States .

Brewing coffee :whistle: i miss read sorry need to wake up lol :yes: i would have filed months ago and saved on time but i know your in money bind.

If and when you can file file :thumbs:

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Brewing coffee :whistle: i miss read sorry need to wake up lol :yes: i would have filed months ago and saved on time but i know your in money bind.

If and when you can file file :thumbs:

Yes I know.. should have done it months ago but couldn't get to it ..But this October it is happening! : ) I'm very nervous about the entire process and all the things it involves, I hope we won't make any mistakes in filing etc. Fingers crossed :yes:

You sb ok :yes:

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

You may have to get this idea out of your head that separation is "out of the question". My then fiancé and I spent 6 of 9 months of my pregnancy separated he missed out on everything. You can say all that you want "it's not happening to us" but it's the wrong immigration attitude.

Well I'm sorry you had to go through that. But I don't see why would I have to do that as well. There is no mandatory reason why me and my husband would have to stay apart for any period of time. We are living in our house and there is no need for us to leave one another until the very end of process. You can't give people advice according to your bad experience.

Well I'm sorry you had to go through that. But I don't see why would I have to do that as well. There is no mandatory reason why me and my husband would have to stay apart for any period of time. We are living in our house and there is no need for us to leave one another until the very end of process. You can't give people advice according to your bad experience.

Not sure where you will interview, but some countries are very strict on domicile, so yeah... some of us had a "forced" separation period if we wanted to immigrate. Good luck.

Not sure where you will interview, but some countries are very strict on domicile, so yeah... some of us had a "forced" separation period if we wanted to immigrate. Good luck.

Thanks, and sorry again that you were ''forced'' to anything. Doesn't mean others have to go through that as well.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks, and sorry again that you were ''forced'' to anything. Doesn't mean others have to go through that as well.

A lot of people come on here with the idea that separation won't happen. It quickly dissipates. What kind of domicile does he currently have? Have you researched your consulate? Edited by Transborderwife

A lot of people come on here with the idea that separation won't happen. It quickly dissipates. What kind of domicile does he currently have? Have you researched your consulate?

And a lot of people come with the idea that just because they themselves had to be separated for one reason or another others better go through that as well. :) My husband has his entire family living in the states and a house. And yes, I've researched my consulate. Thanks :)

Forced means exactly that. Some others will have no choice. Not all of them, some.

Edited by Lemonslice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.