BlArn

K1 June 2016 Filers

1,983 posts in this topic

Greetings again Wolfie,

Got our "RDJ" case number today. I was able to fill out the DS-160 for my fiance and her daughter. I was able to create an account at the ais.usvisa-info.com site. But when I went to try create and applicant I get an error saying "The Immigrant Visa case number provided is not ready to schedule an appointment." I'm guessing I am too early. You mentioned getting your electronic pack 3. Did they send that to the petitioner email? I did fill out a form when i did the 129F asking them to send me information via email. I got my NOA1, but I've received nothing at that email address since. I don't think they have my fiance's (the beneficiary) email address so I'm not sure how they will send the packet 3 to her. Anyway, its a good day. Happy that I have an NVC case number. I'm quite anxious to schedule her interview and GET HER HERE!!!

I'll give you more than just that my friend! So right now I just scheduled my interview appointment so I have some info for you:
1 - Yep so far I've only recieved my Electronic pack 3 it's nothing special, just some instructions on how to proceed.

2 - After filling for the ds 160 your fiance will have to register at another website provided in the email, if she previously applied for a tourist visa and got refused that's okay, when you apply for the k1 interview schedule you can just sign in with the previous information that she used there will be something like an "Active" tab with the information on the last application click that and go to the bottom of the page there will be a swich IV NIV, if its marked NIV you just need to click it, you will then have a similar website but the main color becomes green so by there you'll be able to apply for the k1 interview

3 - I don't know how it works on other countries, but here you'll be able to choose the date of the interview, note that K1 visas are only dealt with on tuesdays and the dates we were able to schedule for were NOV 8 and 22. That might change in the future but it's a good start point :)

I hope that this info was useful to you, Good luck to all of us! Stay positive!

06/23/2016 I-129F sent, 06/27/16 NOA1 Electronic, 06/30/16 NOA1 Paper

08/25/2016 RFE Electronic, 08/29/2016 RFE Paper, 09/07/2016 RFE Corrections Received

09/15/2016 NOA2 Electronic, 09/07/2016 NOA2 Paper

09/30/2016 NVC Received, 10/04/2016 NVC Case number assigned

10/26/2016 Medical exams

11/22/2016 Interview - APPROVED!

11/28/2016 Visa/Passport shipped (Via Brazil Postal Service)

12/01/2016 Visa/Passport received, 12/02/2016 POE DFW, 12/14/2016 Married

02/24/2017 i485 sent

03/15/2017 NOA1

03/24/2017 RFE

03/31/2017 RFE Response Received

04/12/2017 Biometrics

07/07/2017 EAD produced, 07/11/2017 mailed, 07/14/2017 Received

02/14/2028 RFE, 03/06/2018 Response received

03/07/2018 i485 Approved! No interview. 03/12/2018 Paper NOA received, no SMS notification.

03/15/2018 2 year Green Card Received!!!

02/07/2020 i751 sent

02/12/2020 Paper NOA sent for i751

06/21/2021 Interview notice letter

07/29/2021 Interview

07/30/2021 Approved!

08/05/2021 10 Year GC received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline

Hi BI Arn,

How your interview went?

Keep us posted please.

My fiancé is waiting for her interview at the same embassy.

Best,

Hi. My fiance got all his medical done and he just dropped his packet 3. What visa are you filling?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Greetings again Wolfie,

Got our "RDJ" case number today. I was able to fill out the DS-160 for my fiance and her daughter. I was able to create an account at the ais.usvisa-info.com site. But when I went to try create and applicant I get an error saying "The Immigrant Visa case number provided is not ready to schedule an appointment." I'm guessing I am too early. You mentioned getting your electronic pack 3. Did they send that to the petitioner email? I did fill out a form when i did the 129F asking them to send me information via email. I got my NOA1, but I've received nothing at that email address since. I don't think they have my fiance's (the beneficiary) email address so I'm not sure how they will send the packet 3 to her. Anyway, its a good day. Happy that I have an NVC case number. I'm quite anxious to schedule her interview and GET HER HERE!!!

Check your RDJ# on this website: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

If the status is "Ready" tell your fiance to send an Email like this one to immigrationrio@state.gov

Dear Srs,
We got our approval at <DATE YOU GOT YOUR APPROVAL> and I'd like to know if there is an interview date set for this case, and if not how should we proceed.

RDJ #########

Type: I129F, Petition For Fiance

Petitioner name:

Beneficiary name:

Approval date:

After a few days they should send the pack 3 with the instructions, then you can schedule everything.

Don't worry from now on things are going to be a little faster :D Glad you got your approval.

Edited by WolfiePie

Thank you!

Check your RDJ# on this website: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx
If the status is "Ready" tell your fiance to send an Email like this one to immigrationrio@state.gov

After a few days they should send the pack 3 with the instructions, then you can schedule everything.
Don't worry from now on things are going to be a little faster :D Glad you got your approval.

06/23/2016 I-129F sent, 06/27/16 NOA1 Electronic, 06/30/16 NOA1 Paper

08/25/2016 RFE Electronic, 08/29/2016 RFE Paper, 09/07/2016 RFE Corrections Received

09/15/2016 NOA2 Electronic, 09/07/2016 NOA2 Paper

09/30/2016 NVC Received, 10/04/2016 NVC Case number assigned

10/26/2016 Medical exams

11/22/2016 Interview - APPROVED!

11/28/2016 Visa/Passport shipped (Via Brazil Postal Service)

12/01/2016 Visa/Passport received, 12/02/2016 POE DFW, 12/14/2016 Married

02/24/2017 i485 sent

03/15/2017 NOA1

03/24/2017 RFE

03/31/2017 RFE Response Received

04/12/2017 Biometrics

07/07/2017 EAD produced, 07/11/2017 mailed, 07/14/2017 Received

02/14/2028 RFE, 03/06/2018 Response received

03/07/2018 i485 Approved! No interview. 03/12/2018 Paper NOA received, no SMS notification.

03/15/2018 2 year Green Card Received!!!

02/07/2020 i751 sent

02/12/2020 Paper NOA sent for i751

06/21/2021 Interview notice letter

07/29/2021 Interview

07/30/2021 Approved!

08/05/2021 10 Year GC received!

We got our interview date for October 31st, he has his medical this Friday the 7th. So we are very excited that this is moving faster. I was hoping for him to be here for my birthday but it's November 1st so that won't happen. But he will be here for the holidays.

I-129F sent- June 15

Lockbox received- June 16

Noa1- June 20

RFE- August 23

NOA2- September 1

NVC received- September 13

Case #- September 13

interview- October 31

POE- November 13

Married- November 23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Eagerly waiting for my passport and visa. Interview was 21st September and i was told visa will be ready in 10 working days. Today marks 10 working dayz, though monday was a public holiday in nigeria. I just pray it comes soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I know I'm jumping ahead quite a bit with this question, but can anyone tell me after you enter the USA, marry your partner, and apply for your adjustment of status, must you remain in the country until you receive your green card, or are you able to travel as normal while the process is under way?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know I'm jumping ahead quite a bit with this question, but can anyone tell me after you enter the USA, marry your partner, and apply for your adjustment of status, must you remain in the country until you receive your green card, or are you able to travel as normal while the process is under way?

You are not able to travel, there is no document that will let you in again, your k1 visa will be expired.

I know that you can ask for a document and they let you travel but I heard that they only will let you to travel for an emergency (but I'm not sure!)

Please!! Don't travel without your permit... I know a girl that went back to her hometown because her dad was diying (and he did) while she was in process to get the residence and when she wanted to go back the officer didn't let her and also she wasn't able to get in again for 10 years!!!... She and her husband ask for a waiver and they reduce the sentence to 5yrs. But she was either punished because is consider abandoned (the case). So take your precautions if you are planning a trip!.

She traveled without the permit that I was telling you but she didn't want it to wait because her dad was literally diying.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Got my case number just now.. Very nice lady on the phone.

NOA2- 9-01-16

NVC- 9-13-16

Congrats ?? can you tell me the number?! Cuz my fiancé called and said that they didn't pick up

Edited by JSH

Timeline

You are not able to travel, there is no document that will let you in again, your k1 visa will be expired.

I know that you can ask for a document and they let you travel but I heard that they only will let you to travel for an emergency (but I'm not sure!)

Please!! Don't travel without your permit... I know a girl that went back to her hometown because her dad was diying (and he did) while she was in process to get the residence and when she wanted to go back the officer didn't let her and also she wasn't able to get in again for 10 years!!!... She and her husband ask for a waiver and they reduce the sentence to 5yrs. But she was either punished because is consider abandoned (the case). So take your precautions if you are planning a trip!.

She traveled without the permit that I was telling you but she didn't want it to wait because her dad was literally diying.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how long it generally takes between marrying and receiving your green card?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how long it generally takes between marrying and receiving your green card?

Nope, I also want to know because we have a family wedding in my hometown. Let me know as soon as you know how long does it take, please :)

Timeline

On the DS 160 form there is this question, 'Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?' The answer to this is yes right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.