ellena920

Appeal on earlier processing of visa application due to medical reasons.

6 posts in this topic

Hi.. My name is ellena maghanoy. I am a greencard holder since 2010. I petitioned my 21 year old daughter and was approved with her priority date on march 14,2011. That was 5 years ago. Now, two years ago, she was diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Its a genetic heart disorder she got from her father who died in 2002 at age 37.Her recent echocardiogram showed that her valve is already obstructed. It showed a regurgitaion of moderate to severe which is an indication that she needs septal myectomy soon. She is high risk of stroke if not treated soon.. The surgery is not available in the Philippies. My question is .. Is there a way her visa could be processed sooner for medical emrgency? Or is there any other way she could get a visa to come to the US sooner for the same reason? Please i need help. Please tell me what to do.. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Does she a visitor visa? She could use that for medical visit.

Otherwise if she needs a visa then a B can be issued specifically for medical treatment not available in her home country.

She will need documentation supporting the situation from her medical team and whoever in the US would be undertaking the surgery and proof of finances to cover the cost.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

she doesnt have a visitors visa yet. could she still be approved of a visitors visa when her immigrant visa is already at the visa center ?just waiting for the priority date to start processing. as of this time they are processing 2008 priority dates. could she still apply for a visitors visa, i am willing to comply with the requirements . what kind of visa will it be? is there any chance her immigrant visa be processed earlier for this purpose?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

2008?

As I said she would be applying for a B Medical.

As an aside, is there somewhere she could have the treatment, medical costs in the US seem to be horrendously expensive.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

There is no expedite for numerically limited family preference catergory visas.

When the priority date becomes current, you can ask for expedite.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

As mentioned, no expedite of priority dates, and you still have 3+ years to go.

The B visiting visa can be used for medical treatment and recovery, usually 6 months at a time. The issue will be proving that you/ she can afford said medical treatment.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.