MADDEN

ROC: How much of each evidence?

10 posts in this topic

Hey all!

I've been looking ahead as to what exactly is needed to file for ROC and I have a copy of all the evidence that is required to support the form, what I'm wondering tho is how much of certain evidence is required, for example joint cell phone bill, would I send two years worth of say the whole bill including the itemised calls (that seems a lil over the top) or just say 2 or 3? Same for the utilities bills, how many would be enough?

Would love to hear from anyone who has filed for ROC and if you have any advice on what makes for great evidence.

Appreciate any help. :goofy:

K1-K2 VISA
FEBRUARY 2015 APPLIED FOR I-129F K1-K2
RECIEVED NOA1
AUGUST 2015 RECIEVED NOA2
SEPTEMBER 2015 SENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE
RECIEVED SYDNEY CASE NUMBER
CASE SENT TO THE SYDNEY EMBASSY
SEPTEMBER 2015 COMPLETED DS-160 K1-K2
OCTOBER 2015 MEDICAL COMPLETED
INTERVIEW - APPROVED
VISA ISSUED

DECEMBER 2015 ARRIVED INTO THE USA POA DALLAS TX 26TH DECEMBER
JANUARY 2016 MARRIED 29TH JANUARY
FEBRUARY 2016 SSN CARD RECIEVED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
MARCH 2016 SENT AOS PACKAGE K1-K2 21ST MARCH                                                       JUNE 2016 RECIEVED GREEN CARD K1-K2 11TH JUNE
ARRIVED AT THE CHICAGO LOCKBAG FACILITY 23RD MARCH

APRIL 2016 RECIEVED NOA 1 FOR AOS/EAD/AP 5TH APRIL
RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENTS 30TH APRIL
MAY 2016 BIOMETRICS TAKEN 10TH MAY

AP/EAD APPROVED K1 13TH MAY

COMBO CARD ARRIVED 21ST MAY

JUNE 2016 APPROVED AOS (NO INTERVIEW) K1-K2 3RD JUNE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You need to send evidence from the time of your marriage to the present day. The overall strength of your package (do you have LOTS of joint financial assets?) can determine how many statements you send.

If you have very few joint assets (like a house and autos), then send every bank statement (all pages) and every credit card statement (all pages), and quarterly utility bills from your marriage to the present day. If you have a LOT of joint assets, then send the statements from the month of your marriage and then quarterly thereafter.

What they really want to see is that you both participate in the financial part of your marriage. You need to build your case so that it is evident (and obvious) that your lives are financially intertwined.

Good luck to you!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

You need to send evidence from the time of your marriage to the present day. The overall strength of your package (do you have LOTS of joint financial assets?) can determine how many statements you send.

If you have very few joint assets (like a house and autos), then send every bank statement (all pages) and every credit card statement (all pages), and quarterly utility bills from your marriage to the present day. If you have a LOT of joint assets, then send the statements from the month of your marriage and then quarterly thereafter.

What they really want to see is that you both participate in the financial part of your marriage. You need to build your case so that it is evident (and obvious) that your lives are financially intertwined.

Good luck to you!

Sukie in NY

Thank you Sukie,

K1-K2 VISA
RECIEVED NOA1
INTERVIEW - APPROVED
VISA ISSUED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
MARCH 2016 SENT AOS PACKAGE K1-K2 21ST MARCH                                                       JUNE 2016 RECIEVED GREEN CARD K1-K2 11TH JUNE

Hey all!

I've been looking ahead as to what exactly is needed to file for ROC and I have a copy of all the evidence that is required to support the form, what I'm wondering tho is how much of certain evidence is required, for example joint cell phone bill, would I send two years worth of say the whole bill including the itemised calls (that seems a lil over the top) or just say 2 or 3? Same for the utilities bills, how many would be enough?

Would love to hear from anyone who has filed for ROC and if you have any advice on what makes for great evidence.

Appreciate any help. :goofy:

utilities bills? Not really sure this would have both your names on it or be that worthwhile IMO.

Or cell phone bills. You can add a phone to an account pretty easily but for some of the scammers out there. That really doesnt prove much in the way of 'financial mingling'. Some Scammers dont even live w/ their spouses. A cell phone bill doesnt really help prove the relationship is legit in terms of much weight.

I think the premise of the financial mingling is to show both spouses have accountability to the accounts and debts and such and if you were illegitimate you're less likely to have those co-opted types of evidences.

Just my take.

If you have lots of other evidence, then I would send quarterly statements of bills and bank statements.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

utilities bills? Not really sure this would have both your names on it or be that worthwhile IMO.

Or cell phone bills. You can add a phone to an account pretty easily but for some of the scammers out there. That really doesnt prove much in the way of 'financial mingling'. Some Scammers dont even live w/ their spouses. A cell phone bill doesnt really help prove the relationship is legit in terms of much weight.

I think the premise of the financial mingling is to show both spouses have accountability to the accounts and debts and such and if you were illegitimate you're less likely to have those co-opted types of evidences.

Just my take.

We have a lot of evidence of financial co-mingling however I read that joint cell phone bills, utilities bills with either name on it can serve as secondary evidence along with photo's ect.

:)

K1-K2 VISA
RECIEVED NOA1
INTERVIEW - APPROVED
VISA ISSUED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Since it seems like the OP has a little time, I would also suggest getting wills, living wills, and medical powers of attorney. I see a K-2 in the timeline - so that indicates a child, no? All married couples (and singles, too!) should have wills, but it becomes even MORE critical when children are involved.

If you've planned for each other in both life AND death, then that's a bonafide commitment!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Since it seems like the OP has a little time, I would also suggest getting wills, living wills, and medical powers of attorney. I see a K-2 in the timeline - so that indicates a child, no? All married couples (and singles, too!) should have wills, but it becomes even MORE critical when children are involved.

If you've planned for each other in both life AND death, then that's a bonafide commitment!

Sukie in NY

We are about to do the medical powers of attorney for each of us and in the coming weeks will have my old will updated to include my husband. Totally agree wills are important especially when there are little people involved.

K1-K2 VISA
RECIEVED NOA1
INTERVIEW - APPROVED
VISA ISSUED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good luck to you!

Sukie in NY

How could I explain that we didn't have much financial commingling until she came to the us and had a ssn. We were married in 2013, but no banks or insurance would allow us to add her since she was not in the us and did not have an ssn yet.

Thanks!

How could I explain that we didn't have much financial commingling until she came to the us and had a ssn. We were married in 2013, but no banks or insurance would allow us to add her since she was not in the us and did not have an ssn yet.

Thanks!

All of my financial comingling is from when we entered the USA and on. I have a lease from before that, but bank accounts, etc were not started until we were both back in the USA. I think this is fairly common. As long as you have lots of solid evidence it should be fine.

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.