Rob L

Donald Trump may be in deep trouble: The press is finally figuring out how to cover the “billionaire” bigot

56 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

After accruing $2 billion in free coverage, the GOP nominee faces real questions about his sham university and more

TODD GITLIN, BILLMOYERS.COM

http://www.salon.com/2016/06/05/donald_trump_is_in_deep_trouble_the_press_is_finally_figuring_out_how_to_cover_the_billionaire_boor_partner/

Do my eyes deceive me, or are cable TV reporters — like drivers who’ve taken a wrong turn and suddenly pull off the road to take a good hard look at the GPS — recalculating their approach to Donald Trump?

Wouldn’t it be pretty to think so? A swerve in the mainstream TV approach is long overdue. As I wrote recently at The Washington Post, Trump benefited from many easy months of piling up attention while emitting pungent sound bites and swatting away demurrers like flies.

By one assessment, he accrued $2 billion in free media through February alone. He sidestepped questions as artfully as Stephen Curry sidesteps defenders from 3-point range. Follow-up questions were as perfunctory as coughs. He strewed non sequiturs about like party favors, expecting — realistically — that no one would probe to take listeners deeper. He left fact-checkers in the dust as he rattled off falsehoods faster than Google could keep up. He knew he could wait out reporters asking their one-liner questions, for they would champ at the bit to break for commercials or to change the subject themselves.

But there are some welcome signs of improvement. In recent days, the questions are coming thicker and faster, though not necessarily deeper. It may well be that some reporters feeling chagrined that a candidate so indifferent to fact and impervious to correction (“thousands of Muslims” in New Jersey cheered on 9/11, “There is no drought” in California; it would be tedious to go on) has fared so well in the Republican campaign and in polls

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Trumps June 1 bill also includes a note from the NYC Health Department, reminding property owners that they must remove standing water, where mosquitos can breed in warm weather. Cant very well have voracious parasites breeding atop Manhattans glittering skyscrapers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well according to some on VJ, we can probably skip removing standing water, because the Trump-wall-to-nowhere will stop them like a giant bug-zapper. :yes:

Ha ha.

I loved the comment on the link I posted about his tax break-"But Melania loves roof sex"!!!

Ha ha.

I loved the comment on the link I posted about his tax break-"But Melania loves roof sex"!!!

Gosh, what classy girl doesn't!

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wait which is better Roof Sex or Balcony Sex?

Asking for a friend

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Wall sex might be Mrs. Trump's thing.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Wall sex might be Mrs. Trump's thing.

I thought that was called a glory hole.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Bench sex! I heard she likes to do it on benches outside of court rooms to help her hubby clench the presidency. That's why the judges have decided to wait until after the November elections to tidey up the Trump U lawsuits.

Bench her bench her bench her!

Edited by Janelle2002