Mrs U

AOS June 2016 Filers

2,356 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes you have to wait if you don't have EAD my approval also came 2 months and a week after fingerprint fee received but i am seeing where they have service type it says class COA :CF1 anybody knows what that means also it is in my maiden name does that mean i will have a problem using my married name :crying::crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i just received my notice for an interview schedule and my online status is still stucked in "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview". I guess, there's an issue right now with the USCIS system online. Might as well have the interview now. I have read somewhere that if your interview is waived now if you are adjusting from a K1, you might have to undergo interview once you will apply for Removal of Conditions.

Timeline

My case status for AOS is Case ready to be Scheduled for an Interview, so that means that there is no chance that it will be approved with no interview???

Even now my status hasn't changed from I-485 fingerprint fee received and I-765 case approved 8/27/16 another thing i realize it never left NBC that's where it was process don't know if this is of any help

i just received my notice for an interview schedule and my online status is still stucked in "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview". I guess, there's an issue right now with the USCIS system online. Might as well have the interview now. I have read somewhere that if your interview is waived now if you are adjusting from a K1, you might have to undergo interview once you will apply for Removal of Conditions.

From my understanding even if you do an interview now, you will do one at ROC, everyone has to at the ROC as it's more intense as it gives you two years being married to do all of the marriage things, like buy a house together and cars and get bank accounts and insurance and more pictures of anniversaries and all that jazz. :)

AOS TimeLine

Adjusting from K-1 Visa

File/Sent (AOS/EAD/AP): 05/31/2016

Chicago Lock-Box Received (AOS/EAD/AP): 06/01/2016

Check Cashed: 06/09/2016

NOA1 (Email + Text x3): 06/10/2016

NOA1 Hardcopy (AOS/EAD/AP): 06/13/2016

Biometrics Letter: 06/24/2016 for 07/08/2016

Cases Appeared Online: 07/26/2016

Filed SR for EAD: 08/24/2016

SR assigned for response, Email Received and Completed - No Action Taken :( : 08/26/2016

90th Day from Received Date: 08/30/2016 - Still no approvals for AOS/EAD/AP

AOS Approved i485: 09/02/2016 - no Interview K1 Visa - Online Status never updated from finger print received

My Case Site updated showing approval for i485 AOS: 09/06/2016

Received Welcome Letter - i797 AOS approval: 09/09/2016 - filed paperwork in married name approval came in maiden - apparently USCIS saw fit to just add the name they wanted and not filed...

AOS updated to "Card Mailed to Me" no tracking number: 09/13/2016

Green Card Recieved: 09/15/2016 signed up for usps.com and never got any email/text about the delivery

ROC

I-751 - 07/09/2018

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Palestine
Timeline

HELLO EVERYONE!! whoever got his case updated on the 27th regarding the EAD and AP!! I just got a call from a tier 2 agent! They gave me a USPS tracking number and the expected delivery is next tuesday so if you could not get the tracking number just check your mailbox on tuesday!! I live very far from Missouri and my card is coming from there, so if you live closer you might get it before that but there's labor day so worst case that you'll get it on Tuesday or Wedensday!! I AM SO HAPPY! I had to share with you guys since I've seen a lot of support here... Now the wait begins for me for the GC interview!!

Yes you have to wait if you don't have EAD my approval also came 2 months and a week after fingerprint fee received but i am seeing where they have service type it says class COA :CF1 anybody knows what that means also it is in my maiden name does that mean i will have a problem using my married name :crying::crying:

Did you file your paperwork in the married name or maiden name..also from google that CF1 means you are a conditional fiancé meaning you have to do the ROC I think it's i751 to get the 10 year green card.

Edited by pinbak

AOS TimeLine

Adjusting from K-1 Visa

SR assigned for response, Email Received and Completed - No Action Taken :( : 08/26/2016

AOS Approved i485: 09/02/2016 - no Interview K1 Visa - Online Status never updated from finger print received

Received Welcome Letter - i797 AOS approval: 09/09/2016 - filed paperwork in married name approval came in maiden - apparently USCIS saw fit to just add the name they wanted and not filed...

Green Card Recieved: 09/15/2016 signed up for usps.com and never got any email/text about the delivery

ROC

I-751 - 07/09/2018

HELLO EVERYONE!! whoever got his case updated on the 27th regarding the EAD and AP!! I just got a call from a tier 2 agent! They gave me a USPS tracking number and the expected delivery is next tuesday so if you could not get the tracking number just check your mailbox on tuesday!! I live very far from Missouri and my card is coming from there, so if you live closer you might get it before that but there's labor day so worst case that you'll get it on Tuesday or Wedensday!! I AM SO HAPPY! I had to share with you guys since I've seen a lot of support here... Now the wait begins for me for the GC interview!!

Kareem8998 Did you call or they called you?

do you think I should call?

2016-06-06 AOS/AP/EAD sent to Chicago lockbox
2016-06-08 Package received
2016-06-13 check cashed
2016-06-14 NOA1 email messages received
2016-06-17 received 3 NOA1 hard copies
2016-06-28 Biometrics, completed, walk-in
2016-07-05 Only EAD receipt showing up online

2016-07-26 All 3 receipts showing up online

2016-08-25 SR filed for EAD

2016-08-26 SR was assigned to an officer

2016-08-27 EAD-New card is being produced

2016-09-03 EAD received!!

2016-12-13 Interview Scheduled

2016-12-15 Approved!!

2016-12-19 Approval Notice received in the mail

2016-12-22 Green Card received

Timeline

Did you file your paperwork in the married name or maiden name..also from google that CF1 means you are a conditional fiancé meaning you have to do the ROC I think it's i751 to get the 10 year green card.

Yes i did file in my maiden name but sent a copy of my marriage certificate also when i went to do the biometrics it asked for other names used so i assume.....realize now i was so wrong any suggestions on how i can get it changed

Timeline

My ead was approved 8/27/16 and i called yesterday and was told hard copy can take up to 30 days to received status didn't change to mail still approve but receive mail this morning

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yes i did file in my maiden name but sent a copy of my marriage certificate also when i went to do the biometrics it asked for other names used so i assume.....realize now i was so wrong any suggestions on how i can get it changed

you can use your marrried name on anything aslong as you take your marriage certificate to prove you the same person or you can just file to do a name changeon your green card i forget what the form code is called and uscis will send you out a new card with your name change (this option uscis charges you since its a green card) or just wait until ROC and file the paperwork in your married name.. its really not that big of a deal the name issue

unlucky for me tho im getting the 10yr green card and filed under my maiden name... i plan on just keeping my maiden name then once i file the n-400 i'm doing an official name change then so i dont have the pay the name change fee on my GC

Edited by Moslund

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Palestine
Timeline

No you do not have to call. I just called them to check on that SR i found on my case. WE"RE getting our work permits!!!

Just like to say I am NOT an expert at this so what I say might be incorrect but are stating from reading other posts who has done the same thing.

You can file a form forget the name of it (i90 I think) to have your GC changed, but costs like 450$. If you are on the conditional which sounds like you are, you can wait until you have to file for ROC and change it there by filing that in your new name with a marriage certificate as proof of name change. That's about all I have sorry.

There should be a lot of posts on visa journey about this, I just did google searches of file AOS in maiden name or i485 in maiden name and then hit the visa journey posts, as I trust them more.

AOS TimeLine

Adjusting from K-1 Visa

ROC

I-751 - 07/09/2018

Timeline

you can use your marrried name on anything aslong as you take your marriage certificate to prove you the same person or you can just file to do a name changeon your green card i forget what the form code is called and uscis will send you out a new card with your name change (this option uscis charges you since its a green card) or just wait until ROC and file the paperwork in your married name.. its really not that big of a deal the name issue

unlucky for me tho im getting the 10yr green card and filed under my maiden name... i plan on just keeping my maiden name then once i file the n-400 i'm doing an official name change then so i dont have the pay the name change fee on my GC

Thank you soooo much Moslund i'll leave it until ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thank you soooo much Moslund i'll leave it until ROC

i had the same questions when i filed with my lawyer cause everything i had was under my maiden name... he said it was better for me to file as my maiden name then do the name change on my n-400 or do a name change once i got my green card but i just about went into shock when he told me how much is cost to do a name change on the green card haha thats when i decided i'll keep my maiden name a few years longer

Edited by Moslund

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.