fitleo

June 2016 I-130 filers

711 posts in this topic

On 5/10/2017 at 9:14 PM, fitleo said:

Dear people

We finally got approved! 

I'm so giddy that I can't elaborate and just wanted to share with you all. 

Once I collect myself I will write to you how it all went down.  345 days later but we got it

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU ADVICE. It helped a lot 

Congratulations! :D

Looking forward to hearing what happened!

USCIS

I-130 sent (Phoenix Lockbox): June 04, 2016

NOA1 received: June 10, 2016

Transferred from Nebraska to Texas: October 20, 2016

NOA2 received: December 14, 2016

NVC

Case number assigned: January 06, 2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 5/13/2017 at 0:57 PM, NBA16 said:

Sorry but after the checklist, clock will restart unfortunately, i don't know about the expedite

may i ask you what the checklist was about?

Everything points to another 11 week wait. Buaaahhhh! . Checklist was for police record. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have been quiet, but my husbands case was recently approved. and we are waiting for interview date.  We have approval to expedite but really i dont know how that works .

it took us 11 weeks to get through the NVC/DOS.  they gave us a checklist too. but to bring the items to the interview. one was for police records which we have all of them so that is confusing.  and the other was for a transcript of my 2016 taxes and that is not availble yet from the irs. and i did include my current w-2, and statement from my job, and current pay stubs and transcripts from 5 years of taxes. 

32 minutes ago, meepitqueenie said:

I have been quiet, but my husbands case was recently approved. and we are waiting for interview date.  We have approval to expedite but really i dont know how that works .

it took us 11 weeks to get through the NVC/DOS.  they gave us a checklist too. but to bring the items to the interview. one was for police records which we have all of them so that is confusing.  and the other was for a transcript of my 2016 taxes and that is not availble yet from the irs. and i did include my current w-2, and statement from my job, and current pay stubs and transcripts from 5 years of taxes. 

Congratulations! What was your scan date?

Timeline
23 hours ago, rexsinni2264 said:

Congratulations! What was your scan date?

I dont know how to find out the scanned date.

Everytime i called or emailed all I got for a response was they had a high volume of mail, etc.

But i can tell you this my package was received by NVC  :  Your item was delivered at 11:32 am on February 23, 2017 in PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801.

I kept emailing etc and i called on may 5th. and they said our case had just been approved that day and they would be sending our case to the consulate and now we are waiting for an interview appointment.

now when i check on the case status it doesnt say at NVC it says its at the consulate.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear all,

When I started this thread on June 1st 2016, I never thought it would take my family a year to receive an approval.  Yet, on June 1st, 2017 I made the call to NVC and received the case number, IID and submitted both of my husband's and my email.

I promised to update you all how it went and leave a trail for someone else to benefit from since a few awkward twists and turns took place on this journey and without your help it would have probably took longer

Here it goes

• Case submitted and transferred to Nebraska. Then 5.5 months later transferred to TX and within 2 months transferred again to NY USCIS office
  • January 2017 was when I started taking action because transferring an application to my state of residence didn't make sense especially since that office DID not process I-130 forms.
  • I contacted my Senator who inquired on my behalf and started an official inquiry through USCIS
  • 60 days after I received a letter stating that my application required further investigation
  • I kept calling USCIS asking to speak with 2nd tier officers to understand the purpose of the transfer at which point I was once told that I, the petitioner (USC), will PROBABLY, be called for an interview (no idea why)
  • Subsequently, I scheduled an appointment with the USCIS office here in NYC that had our application, that alone took weeks to find an open slot, but I finally was able to score one.
  • I visited to inquire of the delay and the purpose of the transfer, and an office there told me again, that I will be interviewed and to wait for the interview date assigned
  • The same day, I think, I received a correspondence from the Senator's office that the USCIS said I have to be interviewed and to wait 
  • That's when I formally submitted a second formal inquiry with the USCIS and complained with the Ombudsman Office
  • The latter takes 45 business days to resolve issues.
  • 40 days after my complaint with the Ombudsman Office I receive an email from them and from the Senator's office that my application for my husband has been approved (350 something days after I applied)
  • No interview, no change or update on USCIS office UNTIL now
  • But, I received the NOA2 a week after and have now been in touch with the NVC

My advice for everyone reading this for the future. If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, looks like a duck, IT IS a duck. I am convinced that the USCIS messed up with my application and a mistake was made somewhere along the process.

Get your Senator involved and if you're outside the processing times for your initial center, contact the Ombudsman office. Do not wait! I waited ... but it's all good

Keep on top of all your communications and track them with a task manager so you don't miss when the 60 day or 45 day wait period expires to call back if the issue wasn't resolved

I wish everyone who hasn't yet heard any good news the best of luck. Be persistent and have faith. It is hard I know, believe me.

If I can help anyone with any information or further explanations please do not hesitate to write me here. Without the help of some of the great members here, I would have probably been still lost .

Thank you from the bottom of my heart 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, fitleo said:

Dear all,

When I started this thread on June 1st 2016, I never thought it would take my family a year to receive an approval.  Yet, on June 1st, 2017 I made the call to NVC and received the case number, IID and submitted both of my husband's and my email.

I promised to update you all how it went and leave a trail for someone else to benefit from since a few awkward twists and turns took place on this journey and without your help it would have probably took longer

Here it goes

• Case submitted and transferred to Nebraska. Then 5.5 months later transferred to TX and within 2 months transferred again to NY USCIS office
  • January 2017 was when I started taking action because transferring an application to my state of residence didn't make sense especially since that office DID not process I-130 forms.
  • I contacted my Senator who inquired on my behalf and started an official inquiry through USCIS
  • 60 days after I received a letter stating that my application required further investigation
  • I kept calling USCIS asking to speak with 2nd tier officers to understand the purpose of the transfer at which point I was once told that I, the petitioner (USC), will PROBABLY, be called for an interview (no idea why)
  • Subsequently, I scheduled an appointment with the USCIS office here in NYC that had our application, that alone took weeks to find an open slot, but I finally was able to score one.
  • I visited to inquire of the delay and the purpose of the transfer, and an office there told me again, that I will be interviewed and to wait for the interview date assigned
  • The same day, I think, I received a correspondence from the Senator's office that the USCIS said I have to be interviewed and to wait 
  • That's when I formally submitted a second formal inquiry with the USCIS and complained with the Ombudsman Office
  • 40 days after my complaint with the Ombudsman Office I receive an email from them and from the Senator's office that my application for my husband has been approved (350 something days after I applied)

My advice for everyone reading this for the future. If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, looks like a duck, IT IS a duck. I am convinced that the USCIS messed up with my application and a mistake was made somewhere along the process.

Get your Senator involved and if you're outside the processing times for your initial center, contact the Ombudsman office. Do not wait! I waited ... but it's all good

Keep on top of all your communications and track them with a task manager so you don't miss when the 60 day or 45 day wait period expires to call back if the issue wasn't resolved

I wish everyone who hasn't yet heard any good news the best of luck. Be persistent and have faith. It is hard I know, believe me.

If I can help anyone with any information or further explanations please do not hesitate to write me here. Without the help of some of the great members here, I would have probably been still lost .

Thanks alot for the information..! It was really help in your post. But i am confused how to coordinate ombudsman office? My PD is 17 june 2016 not approved yet..! We have called USCIS last reply from officer that we should wait for 7 more working days we ll email you within 7days

Form I-130 sent ------------ 06/17/2016

NOA1 (Email) ------------ 06/23/2016

NOA1 Hardcopy Received ------------ 06/27/2016

:clock: :clock: :clock: :clock: :clock:

5 hours ago, Bonbon786 said:

Thanks alot for the information..! It was really help in your post. But i am confused how to coordinate ombudsman office? My PD is 17 june 2016 not approved yet..! We have called USCIS last reply from officer that we should wait for 7 more working days we ll email you within 7days

Hi Bonbon786,

Here is the link to the Ombudsman's office https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

I requested assistance with my case. As you fill out that form, you'll notice that in section 9 they ask you of all the previous steps you've taken to address your concerns, including 60 days period after you start an inquiry with the USCIS 

Please make sure you go through the list of available options to address delays and exhaust them (but I can't tell if it is a must to go through all the thosechannels, such senator or infopass, before contacting the Ombudsman, I however did)

Good luck

11 hours ago, fitleo said:

Dear all,

Here it goes

Hi..Thank you so much for your update..We applied under F2a...My PD is 9 June 2016 &

NOA1 13 June 2016. We raised an enquiry in Feb 2017 as we had no news at all about whether our I-130s were approved as 8.5 months had passed from PD. They responded by scheduling an interview for my husband (who is a permanent resident) at Atlanta field office on 9 May 2017..following which the I-130s got approved by 10 May 2017 (NOA2-342 days later)...they sent us a letter saying the applications were sent to NVC & that we should hear from them in 30 days..we have received nothing from them till now...do we keep calling them to ask what's happening every time..does NVC hold the approved I-130s till PD becomes current...process it & later send it over to consulate? Does consulate also wait for PD to become current?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, fitleo said:

Dear all,

Here it goes

Wonderful news!!!

Finally you get some movement with your case.

I'm really happy for you. Now you also need to keep on top of NVC. It currently takes about 9-10 weeks for NVC to process cases after they receive everything from you.

Good luck. I hope you have already joined NVC forum. If not, please do so.

Timeline Info below:

Spoiler

04/21/16 -- Marriage

----- CR1 Process -----

USCIS Stage [222 days from NOA1]

06/08/16 -- Sent I-130

01/31/17 -- I-130 petition sent to NVC [Received Email notification and MyUscis status update]

NVC Stage [105 days from NOA2]

Embassy/Consulate (Interview) Stage [43 days from Case Complete to Visa in Hand]

05/18/17 -- Consulate Received. CEAC Case status changed to "Ready"

06/01/17 -- Medical Examination [Complete. It took around 2 hours. Total Cost INR 11650 for Surat City Apollo Clinic]

06/12/17 -- Biometric (OFC) Appointment

06/13/17 -- Interview [7:30 AM at Mumbai, India]. Visa Approved

06/15/17 -- Visa in hand

06/21/17 -- POE at DFW (Dallas, Texas)

----- Removal of Condition -----

Removal of Condition (I-751) [Approved]

06/18/2019 -- Sent the package (3 Days before GC expires, cutting it close). Sent to Lewisville, TX via FedEx Ground

06/19/2019 -- Package received at around 9:30 AM (Hoping I don't get rejected for missing deadline)

06/24/2019 -- Card was charged with $680 fees. Text Message received confirming Receipt. Case routed to NBC (Case Number starts with 'MSC')

06/28/2019 -- NOA Hard Copy & 18 Months Extension Letter Received in Mail with NOA Date as 06/19/2019

07/12/2019 -- Biomentrics Appointment Letter received. The Letter is Dated 7/5/2019. Appointment is on 7/22/2019

07/22/2019 -- Biometrics Appointment Complete

02/01/2022 -- Interview Scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Complete. No new Green Card will be produced as my Naturalization was also approved.

03/04/2022 -- USCIS status changed to approved.

----- Naturalization -----

Naturalization (N-400) [Approved]

03/26/2022 -- N-400 online application complete. NOA Date.

01/15/2021 -- Biometric Complete.

02/28/2022 -- Interview scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Passed. Status changed to 'we recommended that your application be approved...' and then to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'.

03/09/2022 -- Oath Ceremony was scheduled for 3/25/2022.

Timeline

So update on our case. We have been waiting for an appointment date. we were approved 5/5 and the NVC sent documents to the consulate.

the website says "Ready".

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you already have an interview appointment scheduled, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Present your appointment letter at your interview, if you do not, you will be turned away. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://nvc.state.gov/interview.

Since we have an approval for expedition and after reading some of the forums, we went ahead and made the account, and when my husband entered the case # into the system it allowed him to schedule his interview and bio-metrics appointment.  

The interview date is Aug 18. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, meepitqueenie said:

So update on our case. We have been waiting for an appointment date. we were approved 5/5 and the NVC sent documents to the consulate.

the website says "Ready".

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you already have an interview appointment scheduled, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Present your appointment letter at your interview, if you do not, you will be turned away. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://nvc.state.gov/interview.

Since we have an approval for expedition and after reading some of the forums, we went ahead and made the account, and when my husband entered the case # into the system it allowed him to schedule his interview and bio-metrics appointment.  

The interview date is Aug 18. 

Congratulations!!!

Seems like Mexico is really backed up with interview. Our case was Completed on 05/03 and we already have an interview on 06/13.

I have also seen cases from Mexico that has CC in May and Interview in June.

Timeline Info below:

Spoiler

04/21/16 -- Marriage

----- CR1 Process -----

06/08/16 -- Sent I-130

01/31/17 -- I-130 petition sent to NVC [Received Email notification and MyUscis status update]

Embassy/Consulate (Interview) Stage [43 days from Case Complete to Visa in Hand]

06/01/17 -- Medical Examination [Complete. It took around 2 hours. Total Cost INR 11650 for Surat City Apollo Clinic]

06/15/17 -- Visa in hand

06/18/2019 -- Sent the package (3 Days before GC expires, cutting it close). Sent to Lewisville, TX via FedEx Ground

06/19/2019 -- Package received at around 9:30 AM (Hoping I don't get rejected for missing deadline)

06/24/2019 -- Card was charged with $680 fees. Text Message received confirming Receipt. Case routed to NBC (Case Number starts with 'MSC')

06/28/2019 -- NOA Hard Copy & 18 Months Extension Letter Received in Mail with NOA Date as 06/19/2019

07/12/2019 -- Biomentrics Appointment Letter received. The Letter is Dated 7/5/2019. Appointment is on 7/22/2019

03/03/2022 -- Interview Complete. No new Green Card will be produced as my Naturalization was also approved.

03/03/2022 -- Interview Passed. Status changed to 'we recommended that your application be approved...' and then to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'.

On 6/8/2017 at 1:42 AM, Tanish said:

Wonderful news!!!

Finally you get some movement with your case.

I'm really happy for you. Now you also need to keep on top of NVC. It currently takes about 9-10 weeks for NVC to process cases after they receive everything from you.

Good luck. I hope you have already joined NVC forum. If not, please do so.

Hi!

Thanks a lot Tanish

No, I haven't joined any forum, not sure which one

We're filling out the DS-260 now, and I'm collecting the AOS package and have plenty of questions

Not sure which one to join

Timeline
2 hours ago, fitleo said:

Hi!

Thanks a lot Tanish

No, I haven't joined any forum, not sure which one

We're filling out the DS-260 now, and I'm collecting the AOS package and have plenty of questions

Not sure which one to join

When you're still at NVC stage join this forum.

They close the forum at the end of each month and start a new one for each month. After you receive case complete from NVC, join this forum. This forum is also monthly, so keep a lookout. You can join both now as well.

Good luck.

Just an update. I had my interview on June 13 and approved.

Timeline Info below:

Spoiler

04/21/16 -- Marriage

----- CR1 Process -----

06/08/16 -- Sent I-130

06/15/17 -- Visa in hand

13 hours ago, Tanish said:

When you're still at NVC stage join this forum.

They close the forum at the end of each month and start a new one for each month. After you receive case complete from NVC, join this forum. This forum is also monthly, so keep a lookout. You can join both now as well.

Good luck.

Just an update. I had my interview on June 13 and approved.

Yaaaay! congrats! I can't wait for that day. This preparation, revision, is taking a huge toll on me and my family, UGH!!!!!

Question, did it take you long after you've sent the AOS and IV package to get the case completed??

Thanks for the links

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.