3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi guys,

I have a little concern for which I need your opinions. The thing is that I and my husband may move to another state for working. Our case is in the process of AOS, the interview should be around from August-September (I filled my I-485 in Feb). If there is no change, we probably move in July..:(

Therefore, I wonder if we can have the interview at the USCIS office in a new state (in case we move before the interview date)? Will there be any difficulty in changing the address, or any difficulty in the interview? Will they doubt anything if we move?

Let's say we will receive the appointment letter (with the address and time for the interview - in our current state), can we change it in order to have the interview in a new state if it's close to the interview date or not? Will it be any "punishment" if we don't announce them the new address? (In case we can come back to our current state for the interview)

I am very concerned. I hope you guys can help me. Thank you all very much in advance.

BR,

Henry N Giddens

AR-11 on USCIS.gov online for you and I-865 for your spouse as sponsor (spouse needs to mail the form in).

You have to do address change, it's mandatory.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The foreign spouse, adjustment applicant, should file the AR-11 online right away and state that you have a pending case.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.