600 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

Nope, that's misleading info. In India, PCC needs to be obtained from PSK (passport seva kendra) -> they sends file for police verification to commissioner's office and from there to local police station (just like how it's done during new passport), once PSK receives clearance from police station they will issue 2 copies of PCC and stamp in passport!

I already got PCC without even NVC welcome letter, so it's advisable to get it ready beforehand once your NOA2 is received.

Thank you Anishp!

Yes, that's right, PCC is required to be sent during NVC stage.

And yes, I'll send out PCC's copy now once we have our 261 open/filled and send out I-864

@nigamshilpa & @anishp: Sorry for the confusion. I re-checked with my friend, and confirmed that it was actually the Medical Exam, not PCC that they could not get without interview letter. NVC also asked some medical questions on DS 260, so they tried to get that and submit to NVC as well, but couldn't as they didn't have interview letter.

However, they were indeed able to get the PCC, as you rightly said, before any interview papers were received. I got confused between the 2, so my apologies for the confusion, and thank you for the correction!

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

@nigamshilpa & @anishp: Sorry for the confusion. I re-checked with my friend, and confirmed that it was actually the Medical Exam, not PCC that they could not get without interview letter. NVC also asked some medical questions on DS 260, so they tried to get that and submit to NVC as well, but couldn't as they didn't have interview letter.

However, they were indeed able to get the PCC, as you rightly said, before any interview papers were received. I got confused between the 2, so my apologies for the confusion, and thank you for the correction!

Thank you for clarifying!

But that's special case as I believe Medical reports are only required to be taken to consulate interview and then at POE and it's done only when you get your interview data as there is sufficient time of ~1 month

Edited by nigamshilpa

OMG we just got approved ??

What's next?

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
October 3 - USICIS sent to NVC
October 12 - NVC received (69 days in limbo)
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - call NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Congrats ?

Thank you! I've updated timeline says 85 days from filing in Nebraska office with a simple rfe

Thank you! I've updated timeline says 85 days from filing in Nebraska office with a simple rfe

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Anybody know what thread to join while I wait for noa2 to be received? Online says approved ?

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Anybody know what thread to join while I wait for noa2 to be received? Online says approved ?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/604434-nvc-filers-august-2016/page-1

Edited by MrsBurgz

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

OMG we just got approved ??

What's next?

Congrats!!!

It looks like the service centers are speeding up, good luck everyone!! Hope to see a lot of approvals soon.

USCIS

Sent I-130.........05/28/16

USPS Delivered.....05/31/16

Check cashed.......06/03/16

NOA1...............06/03/16

NOA1 (hard copy)...06/10/16

NOA2...............08/08/16

Congrats!!!

It looks like the service centers are speeding up, good luck everyone!! Hope to see a lot of approvals soon.

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Thanks Mrs Wild!

I've updated timeline to help others but 85 days from nao1 and included an rfe but it was just a passport photo had gone missing ?

Good luck to everyone one and OMG we just read through the nvc checklists ?

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

My case sent DOS on 07/11.

Did u get your case # now?

Dear I-130 May filers,

ELHAMDULLAH one hour ago I checked my ( case status), and my application was approved ON 7/13/2016.

Best wishes for the best friends.

I hope that we will meet again in the next step.

Alslamualikm.

We have same approval date and nvc received date..let me know when u get your case#

Filed: Timeline

Did u get your case # now?

We have same approval date and nvc received date..let me know when u get your case#

Hi,

Yes I got my case number and IIN on 4th. paid both AOS and IV fees on the same day. Status changed to PAID on 5th. Sent AOS and IV packets on 6tn and submitted ds-260 on 7th.

That's good...u are getting there soon..congrats

Hi,

Yes I got my case number and IIN on 4th. paid both AOS and IV fees on the same day. Status changed to PAID on 5th. Sent AOS and IV packets on 6tn and submitted ds-260 on 7th.

Hi,

How are u able to pay for both aos and IV same day? Did u pay with money order?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.