vbtwo

I-751 May 2016 Filers

1,738 posts in this topic

@Parisai , you should hear something by the week over or next week (hopefully to my calculations), I know its hard, but you are in that time frame to hear something from them.

Hope that its good news.

Keep us informed.

Approved at 360th day!

May 3rd - Send to Lockbox Chicago

May 4th - Signed (Fedex Overnight)

May 12th - RFE (Send back because of incorrect fee)

May 14th - Send to Lockbox Chicago

May 15th - Signed

April 1st - Email notifications received (12:20am)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
7 hours ago, MsGoyave said:

Argh so annoying! Do they tell you anything about the 2nd biometrics? Is it supposed to delay our cases? I feel lile they were about to approve our cases, couldn't find the biometrics, so they put back our files on the pile...

They didn't tell me anything. It would infuriate me if it took another year because we had to re-do our biometrics because they decided to toss them out. I called them last week and the lady who I talked to said that if I do not receive it by May 20th (that is my NOA date) to give them a call back. I will continue to call them until I get that approval. I do have an infopass scheduled for May 17th to get the stamp, so I will ask then what the heck it's happening. I know some people will say "what's the rush, you are a LPR, so you don't actually need the card" but this approval and their laziness is holding up my citizenship application, and that's just upsetting.

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi all!

Just want to check guys from NYC. I got my NOA on May 2, 2016. But until now, I didn't  hear anything back. The online status kept the same for 373 days. It is more than 12 months. So frustrating that we have a family trip overseas over the summer and I couldn't  book any tickets now. Anyone from New York got approved? Thanks and Congrats to anyone have been approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, cazzers said:

They didn't tell me anything. It would infuriate me if it took another year because we had to re-do our biometrics because they decided to toss them out. I called them last week and the lady who I talked to said that if I do not receive it by May 20th (that is my NOA date) to give them a call back. I will continue to call them until I get that approval. I do have an infopass scheduled for May 17th to get the stamp, so I will ask then what the heck it's happening. I know some people will say "what's the rush, you are a LPR, so you don't actually need the card" but this approval and their laziness is holding up my citizenship application, and that's just upsetting.

I hope you will receive your approval soon!!! Also, why do you need the stamp now? Isn't the one year extension starting from the date the card expires?

He is a US citizen, lived in the UK, now moved back to the US. I am French, we met in 2010 in the UK and got married in March 2013 in France.

-2013-04-22: NOA1 (Case transferred on 12/04) -2014-02-07: NOA2 -2014-02-24: Case received at NVC (Case # received on 03/27) -2014-03-29: DS-261 completed -2014-03-31: AOS fee paid (shown as PAID on 04/02, package sent on 04/03) -2014-04-04: IV fee paid (shown as PAID on 04/08, package sent on 04/05) -2014-04-08: DS-260 completed online -2014-04-14: AOS & IV packages received at NVC (entered in the system on 04/17 and 04/18) -2014-05-05: AOS checklist (phone), joint-sponsor's proof of citizenship lost (other copy arrived at NVC on 05/08, NVC "received" the checklist response on 05/09)
-2014-05-09: IV package accepted
-2014-06-04: Case complete
-2014-06-11: Interview scheduled (July 23rd - APPROVED)
-2014-08-01: Visa in hand
-2014-08-04: POE

- 2016-05-05: CRI-89 - Petition to remove conditions sent

- 2016-05-10: NOA received

- 2016-06-13: Biometrics

Waiting....

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MsGoyave said:

I hope you will receive your approval soon!!! Also, why do you need the stamp now? Isn't the one year extension starting from the date the card expires?

Thanks! Hope you get your approval soon as well. You can get the stamp a month prior to the anniversary of the card. Mine expired June 16 and I am starting a new job with the City and County and I'd like to provide them with something with longer validity than the extension letter that expires in June.

I'm the Beneficiary
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

52 minutes ago, zmj617 said:

Hi all!

Just want to check guys from NYC. I got my NOA on May 2, 2016. But until now, I didn't  hear anything back. The online status kept the same for 373 days. It is more than 12 months. So frustrating that we have a family trip overseas over the summer and I couldn't  book any tickets now. Anyone from New York got approved? Thanks and Congrats to anyone have been approved!

From NYC too. My NOA date is May 6, 2016. I received the approval mail last week Friday. Hang on, you might get something in the mail soon! I did an Infopass last week of April and got an I-551 stamp on my passport. You might need one since even if you get the approval mail, the actual green card will take 60 days to get mailed to you.

18 hours ago, ariastark said:

It looks like the approval date is a week before your NOA's date. God bless

Thanks. The NOA date is 5/18/2016. Hope to hear something soon. I submitted a change of address back in August 2016 and I hope that doesn't interfere with the process. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
On 5/5/2017 at 10:15 PM, cazzers said:

Hi guys! I am trying to schedule an infopass to get the stamp, but it keeps giving me an error, saying to try later. Did anyone had this problem? How do I schedule an infopass another way? I really need the stamp pretty soon

I just tried a few minutes ago, I had to close the window and reopen a new one to update available appointments.

5 minutes ago, RRM said:

I just tried a few minutes ago, I had to close the window and reopen a new one to update available appointments.

I booked an Infopass appointment by logging at website at 5:00 am. Some people in this forum also advised to stay up at midnight and beyond since I think they refresh their appointments at midnight.

Status changed today to "card in produce" , received email and text!.

Approval date: 5/3/17

Letter arrived : 5/8/17

Website changed : 5/11/17

NOA date : 5/16/16

I think I will have it by the end of the month....

Its coming May filers... 

May 15th - Signed

I am VSC. @copperyellow

May 15th - Signed

Timeline
8 hours ago, RRM said:

Mine was a different issue I believe, it always told me to retry. So i found another topic on this and you only need to fill out the required information, the ones with the *. I filled everything out, that's why it didn't work. Have my infopass scheduled for the 17th.

I'm the Beneficiary

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.