Lucy N Fer

Observation about cases that get transferred to CSC

15 posts in this topic

After reading other posts, I noticed that many of the ones that get transferred depends greatly on the local office (not so much on ease of case or red flags). One person noticed that many who belong to the Baltimore local office gets interviews. I decided to do a search for the Phoenix local office through timelines. Within the last 6 months or more, ALL had interviews. I am from the Phoenix area and also have an interview. Could it be that it really does depend if the local office is backlogged and that is it? Could it be that simple? :blush: Just an observation. I know many of us wonder what is the logic behind who gets tranferred and who doesn't.

US Entry : 2006-11-27

Marriage : 2006-12

AOS : Submitted on 1-29-07

NOA1: 2-5-07

BIOMETRICS: 2-21-07

AOS Interview: Decision Pending :( FBI Name Check not completed

Email welcoming New Resident on 5/22/07.

Approval Notice email: 5/31/2007

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

Removal of Conditions now in progress

Mailed: 3-4-09

USCIS received: 3-6-09

NOA1: 3-9-09

Biometrics: letter arrived 3-18-09, scheduled 3-28-09

Approved on: 05-04-2009

Approval letter arrives: 05-09-09

waiting on green card...

card production email: 06/19/2009

CARD IN HAND: 07/02/2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
After reading other posts, I noticed that many of the ones that get transferred depends greatly on the local office (not so much on ease of case or red flags). One person noticed that many who belong to the Baltimore local office gets interviews. I decided to do a search for the Phoenix local office through timelines. Within the last 6 months or more, ALL had interviews. I am from the Phoenix area and also have an interview. Could it be that it really does depend if the local office is backlogged and that is it? Could it be that simple? :blush: Just an observation. I know many of us wonder what is the logic behind who gets tranferred and who doesn't.

actually, yes that is one of the reasons for the Regional service centers taking over cases.

But, if the case seems wrong the regional service center will kick back the the local office for an interview.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The last few people's timelines from here who have had Memphis as a local office were approved without interviews.... But thats been a few months ago.... I hope its still backlogged! :)

2/23/07 - Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

2/25/07 - Package arrived in Chicago

3/05/07 - Checks cashed

3/05/07 - Received NOAs for I-765, I-485, & I-130!

3/09/07 - All touched

3/10/07 - Received biometrics appt letter

3/12/07 - All touched

3/13/07 - I-130 & I-765 touched

3/15/07 - I-485 touched

3/15/07 - Received email informing me that an RFE has been mailed to me about the I-485

3/19/07 - Received RFE for I-485 in the mail.

3/20/07 - Biometrics appt

3/21/07 - I-485 & I-765 touched

3/23/07 - Mailed back RFE with signature confirmation

3/26/07 - RFE was delivered to Lee's Summit, MO & was signed for by "Ashley Love"

3/27/07 - Received email saying that RFE has been received at MSC and that case processing has resumed

3/27/07 - I-485 touched

3/28/07 - I-485 touched

4/17/07 - I-765 & I-130 touched

4/18/07 - All touched

4/19/07 - All touched

5/10/07 - I-765 touched

5/14/07 - Received interview notice in the mail! Interview will be on July 18!!!

5/15/07 - I-765 touched!

5/15/07 - Received email saying that EAD card production has been ordered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/16/07 - I-765 touched

5/19/07 - Received EAD in the mail!!!!!!!!

5/21/07 - I-765 touched

7/18/07 - Had interview in Memphis, TN! GC Approved!!!

7/23/07 - Received Welcome Letter (with notice date of July 19th) in the mail.

7/24/07 - Received Card Production Ordered email!

8/02/07 - Received Permanent Resident Card!!!! No more USCIS until 2009!!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

DING! DING! DING!

Give that lady the grand prize! Good on you for doing your research and using your head.

How many times in threads have we discussed this before? I've had to sit here and endure loooooooooooooooong posts about how to package your case with relationship evidence so it will be transfered. I've read till I'm so ill I could vomit that if your case is 'straightforward' it will be transfered.

Yes - it's because your office is backlogged. And then yes, it's if you GET LUCKY enough to get pulled AT RANDOM so that District Office's quota can be lowered. Granted, if your case file is a disorganized wreck, I'd say you might get thrown back in the stack to stay at your District Office. Or if there are consular notes which make the relationship a bit questionable. After all, the mission of the extra staff brought on at CSC is speed.

But, people who get transferred to CSC still get RFE's and they still get stuck in namecheck.

Frankly, I think those who advocate anything other than pure luck as the cause of a transfer are making a rude and insulting comment to those that did not get transferred.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Senegal
Timeline

DING! DING! DING!

Give that lady the grand prize! Good on you for doing your research and using your head.

How many times in threads have we discussed this before? I've had to sit here and endure loooooooooooooooong posts about how to package your case with relationship evidence so it will be transfered. I've read till I'm so ill I could vomit that if your case is 'straightforward' it will be transfered.

Yes - it's because your office is backlogged. And then yes, it's if you GET LUCKY enough to get pulled AT RANDOM so that District Office's quota can be lowered. Granted, if your case file is a disorganized wreck, I'd say you might get thrown back in the stack to stay at your District Office. Or if there are consular notes which make the relationship a bit questionable. After all, the mission of the extra staff brought on at CSC is speed.

But, people who get transferred to CSC still get RFE's and they still get stuck in namecheck.

Frankly, I think those who advocate anything other than pure luck as the cause of a transfer are making a rude and insulting comment to those that did not get transferred.

Rebeccajo, I searched the site first but couldn't find anything on it so I am asking you....can you expound on the "consular notes" that you mentioned? How would one know that these "consular notes" are part of one's file? And if they are there, does this mean the AOS interview would be more "intense" for lack of a better word? Thanks!

When we first started the list of CSC transferees (see my signature for link), we included info on the D.O. and there you can clearly see that, as a general rule, those transferred fell under the jurisdiction of District Offices that were backlogged. :)

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Other Timeline

When we first started the list of CSC transferees (see my signature for link), we included info on the D.O. and there you can clearly see that, as a general rule, those transferred fell under the jurisdiction of District Offices that were backlogged. :)

eau_xplain, as you are the originator of that thread, I thank you for your input.

My husband and I were not CSC transferrees. We were interviewed, the normal old-fashion method. He is also stuck in namecheck, a procedure that is performed on everybody.

The CSC transfer is a fairly new process (18 months or so, as best I can tell) and as such folks are curious about it. What I worry about (as a senior member of this community) is that newer members are becoming 'spooked' about their cases if they don't receive a transfer. Especially when they are reading conjecture about the straightforward-ness of a case having something to do with transfers.

I really hate to see people getting more stressed about their cases just because the case takes the normal interview path.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Also, we mustn't forget the people who did get transfered and did get an interview, and the people who did get transfered but are stuck and haven't had a fast process.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

when I was preparing to send in my AOS, the NY office was showing a processing date in 2005!!! I nearly fainted. SO it would make this theory the most plausible...

They are currently processing I-485's from Jan 06.. thank god I was transferred.

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

It is annoying to read people on here acting like their world has collapsed because they got an interview instead of being transferred. Folks, the interview is not a big deal!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I think my husband's case throws all of these VJ theories out the window.....

Edited by seldi

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

I think my husband's case throws all of these VJ theories out the window.....

why? isn't it still possible they are still on a backlog clearing mode of operation and again, you were another lucky one to be randomly pulled? just speculation but prior to this new *push* as mandated by bush, everyone was interviewed. I guess we will see! I am very interested to see how many others follow you to TCS as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got transfered and guess what ? .........Bottom line is she is here with me ........and AIN'T going now where. :innocent:

Mailed I-175 .........6-23-09

Rec.NOA I-175C ..... 7-7-09

Rec. I-175 NOA .......7-24-09 Biometrics

Biometrics appt. ......8-13-09 a.m.

Permant Resident Letter 11-04-09

10 year Green card ....... 11-13-09

Sending N-400 May 23 2010

Sent N-400 9-24-2010

10-04-2010 text message saying N-400 was accepted

Biometrics .............. 11-16-2010

Interview ...................01-14-2010

Interview passed ...................

Oath Ceremony ....................MARCH 2, 2011

Mother In Law

UPS'D I-130 ................................ 4-21-2011

Text stating received .................. 4-26-2011

I130 approved .............................. 7-11-2011

AOS Processing Fee ................. 7-18-2011

Choice of agent Paperwork ...... 7-18-2011

The wait 11-23-2011

Medical 2-16-2012

Visa Interview 3-06-2012

Arrived at O Hare 5-14-2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.