Caykay1

Spouse with same last family name

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

So I came across a post that a k1 visa was denied because the couple had same family name(surname) and the petitioner seem very upset about the deny. Honestly it raises red flag to everyone not only COs. Ghana in particular tend to have very common family names (surnames) where people are not related. My cousins' father has same last name as my father so me and my cousins all have same last name where we have different fathers and they are not related in any form or shape. (Even though I never used my last name because I was given a local name that didn't require family name , my Ghanaians understand that part). (Names like bonsu, Owusu, Boateng, Osei and many more). In cases like this some list of evident a that might help us bring loads of family documentation from relatives like parents marriage certificate, uncles marriage certificates, bank accounts from both families. Anything that has the names stated on it and shows you guys are not related and tend to have same last name that way. I'm sorry for the couple but we are will be suspicious as well especially coming from Ghana where visa fraud is on the rise now. I felt bad and needed to post to remind / advise my fellow Ghanaians.

Pretty sure thats why they have the biometrics form if they are denied somewhere along the line people must be related and they check birth certificates the US has a way of checking this im confident in the US embassy sorry for your friend....

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Timeline

Pretty sure thats why they have the biometrics form if they are denied somewhere along the line people must be related and they check birth certificates the US has a way of checking this im confident in the US embassy sorry for your friend....

I don't know them. I just saw the post. I don't know the requirements of K1 so I don't know what they asked but they could have prove their point more better with their evidence.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have the same surnames as my fiance and I can assure you that we provided them with very detailed evidence that we are not related. To include birth certificates and when asked about it during the interview the CO seemed to understand. Before you comment on people committing fraud I would suggest that you really read through the reviews and posts because Ghana has a very distinct reputation. And I can assure you that me and my fiance are a real bone fide couple.

Timeline

I have the same surnames as my fiance and I can assure you that we provided them with very detailed evidence that we are not related. To include birth certificates and when asked about it during the interview the CO seemed to understand. Before you comment on people committing fraud I would suggest that you really read through the reviews and posts because Ghana has a very distinct reputation. And I can assure you that me and my fiance are a real bone fide couple.

Where did I mention they were fraud? I said they should have presented their evidence very very well or else it's likely to be misunderstood.

Timeline

I don't think you are able to comment on what we presented since you don't know I have spoken with other members and shared with them what was presented. I think instead of criticizing you should attempt to find out the facts first. If you wanted insight into the situation you could have just asked. And when you speak of red flags it seems your implying fraud, I hope you don't have to experience a denial because maybe you would be more empathetic instead of being critical.

Timeline

I don't think you are able to comment on what we presented since you don't know I have spoken with other members and shared with them what was presented. I think instead of criticizing you should attempt to find out the facts first. If you wanted insight into the situation you could have just asked. And when you speak of red flags it seems your implying fraud, I hope you don't have to experience a denial because maybe you would be more empathetic instead of being critical.

I don't think the OP was trying to criticize anyone. I did not get that from what was written. I think you misunderstood the post. Seems like the OP was just reminding those applying to present their evidence well so the same thing won't happen to others.

Timeline

In reading the post the OP comments on what was presented without knowing whatin fact was presented.I don't understand how the OP can comment on that without the knowledge of what evidence was given to the embassy.

~~moved to Africa regional forum from K1 process and procedures. OP is talking to fellow Ghana residents and is not asking about the K1 process.~~

Just as an FYI: A cousin is someone who is related to you. So when you say "cousin" that person is related to you somehow.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

In reading the post the OP comments on what was presented without knowing whatin fact was presented.I don't understand how the OP can comment on that without the knowledge of what evidence was given to the embassy.

Oh Ok, I see what you're saying now.

Timeline

I don't think the OP was trying to criticize anyone. I did not get that from what was written. I think you misunderstood the post. Seems like the OP was just reminding those applying to present their evidence well so the same thing won't happen to others.

Thank you very much. I understand the frustration at this point. So I won't even comment on her response. All I'm saying is for others to provide a bunch of evidence so they won't experience the same thing.

Timeline

I commit no crime in telling others in your situation to present 1000 and 1 evidence because other person presented 1000 evidence and didn't get a successful outcome. Hun we are all here for same reason and the least I can do is to criticize anyone. I strongly believe this immigration stuff is 1000% luck and your time being up. I know people with all supporting evidence and didn't get a good outcome until their time was up for them.

Oh Ok, I see what you're saying now.

~~moved to Africa regional forum from K1 process and procedures. OP is talking to fellow Ghana residents and is not asking about the K1 process.~~

Just as an FYI: A cousin is someone who is related to you. So when you say "cousin" that person is related to you somehow.

She's related to me but obviously our fathers are not related or the same. That's what I meant.

Timeline

I'm sorry if I offended you but I'm in no way or shape critizing. That's never my job and will never be to tell who did great and who didn't. I hope all legal and moral citizens have the right to be with love ones. Good luck.

Timeline

I'm sorry if I offended you but I'm in no way or shape critizing. That's never my job and will never be to tell who did great and who didn't. I hope all legal and moral citizens have the right to be with love ones. Good luck.

Thanks for this post. It will be very helpful to those going to a similar situation as I know of some who are.

Edited by Hansona

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.