grad_student

AOS - Current Individual Annual Income when petitioner is school teacher

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Everyone. I am little confused with regard to what figure to put on I-864EZ for Current Individual Annual Income for my USC spouse who is Middle school teacher. Would really appreciate if someone (especially with the same situation of USC petitioner being school teacher) can help me ou here.

Brief Background: Petitioner is middle school teacher and her contract runs from September 1 to August 30. She is being paid Bi-monthly which means she gets 24 pay checks in a current year. Currently her single pay check is about $1,800. But she will get a raise next academic year, which will begin September 1. Which means her pay check for months September through December (8 paychecks) will be higher amount, lets say $2,000. And her school district has given us info we can use to figure out how much she will be making next academic year.

So what figure should I write down for her Current Individual Annual Income on I-864EZ form? Should I simply assume she will keep making what she is currently making ($1,800 per pay check) throughout the whole year. That would make her Current Individual Annual Income to be $1,800 x 24 = $43,200.

Or should I keep into account that she will be making higher amount per paycheck from September through December. In that case, her Current Individual Annual Income would be $1,800 x 16 + $2,000 x 8 = $44,800.

Thanks a lot for reading my post. Really dont wanna get checklist on this.

Come join the Scan Date to Case Complete thread. To be added to the Scan Date to Case Complete spreadsheet, simply post your Scan Date and/or Case Complete date in the thread. You will be added to the spreadsheet which is available now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592291-scan-date-to-case-complete-spreadsheet/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

They are looking for her CURRENT income (1,800) normalized to a full year for comparison (=24 * 1,800). She might loose or quit her job by September, so that she might be making 2,000 at that point isn't really interesting.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

My wife is a high school teacher, she asked for a letter of employment from the school board and we just used the number they put down in the letter on the I-864 and attached copies of some recent pay stubs to the whole packed along with a copy of the letter..

Timeline

My wife is a high school teacher, she asked for a letter of employment from the school board and we just used the number they put down in the letter on the I-864 and attached copies of some recent pay stubs to the whole packed along with a copy of the letter..

I dont trust the smart people working at my wife's school district. They mess up even the simplest of calculations. For starters, they messed up W2 forms for many teachers for the 2015 tax year.

Anyway, how did you/school board calculated the figure for your wife's Current Individual Annual Income btw? Just trying to see what should I do.

Edited by grad_student

Come join the Scan Date to Case Complete thread. To be added to the Scan Date to Case Complete spreadsheet, simply post your Scan Date and/or Case Complete date in the thread. You will be added to the spreadsheet which is available now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592291-scan-date-to-case-complete-spreadsheet/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

I'm guessing it was based on her contract, but it roughly corresponds to a calculation based on her paycheck (her paychecks can vary slightly from month to month). Oh, and it was her gross pay not net pay (and that's the correct way to go about it AFAIK).

I'm not a teacher, but when you are due to submit the 864EZ, you should put the current income.

In 2 months I'm getting a raise, but if it's not effective yet, and 864EZ is due before my raise, I will put my current income.

If she has a current contract with rate of pay, include that instead of a letter of employment and 3 or 4 pay stubs. That would be sufficient for current I come.

Wife US Citizen/Husband UK Citizen

2mpdjqe.jpg

I'm a teacher also. I am going to put my past year annual salary, but also include my contract for the next school year.

BTW, I'm so excited! I received my visa to visit my husband in Pakistan again that is good for multiple visits. The sad news is I asked for a 5 year visa, but received a one year visa. BUT I am grateful for anything at this point....

Edited by Love To Teach

Timeline

I'm not a teacher, but when you are due to submit the 864EZ, you should put the current income.

In 2 months I'm getting a raise, but if it's not effective yet, and 864EZ is due before my raise, I will put my current income.

If she has a current contract with rate of pay, include that instead of a letter of employment and 3 or 4 pay stubs. That would be sufficient for current I come.

I'm a teacher also. I am going to put my past year annual salary, but also include my contract for the next school year.

BTW, I'm so excited! I received my visa to visit my husband in Pakistan again that is good for multiple visits. The sad news is I asked for a 5 year visa, but received a one year visa. BUT I am grateful for anything at this point....

I plan on submitting her past pay stubs, her contract and also a letter from her school district. And I understand that I am supposed to put her Current Individual Annual Income. But I need help calculating the figure I should write down on I-864EZ form. Any help here would be much appreciated?

I plan on submitting her past pay stubs, her contract and also a letter from her school district. And I understand that I am supposed to put her Current Individual Annual Income. But I need help calculating the figure I should write down on I-864EZ form. Any help here would be much appreciated.

Edited by grad_student

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.