AnnaGon

Police Clearance

16 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. Can somebody enlighten me here. I have a pending US immigrant visa under EB3. My priority date is already current. However, my application cannot push through because my agency is requiring me to secure a police clearance from Dubai. I stayed at Dubai for 4 years. Unfortunately, I cannot obtain a police clearance from Dubai. On this case, what will happen with my application? Is there any other way to proceed with my application without the Dubai Police Clearance? Thank you for your help. This waiting time is killing me.. :(

it will be stuck in there.. u need to get that as soon as posible to continue the process of ur visa.. my wife went to singapore personally to get her clerance there.. but u can ask someone if they can able to apply it for u and if they need a formal request letter from the embassy to get the clearance..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

There is a police case filed against me, re: non payment of credit card. And at this point, I am not financially capable of repaying the bank.

Well then there will be no Visa for you. You have to pay what you owe down there get the police certificate and then and it in to immigration.

There is a police case filed against me, re: non payment of credit card. And at this point, I am not financially capable of repaying the bank.

sorry to hear that.. but if u cant comply to their request about the clearance like I said the process of ur visa it be stuck in there.. try to email the police force in Dubai.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Oh. Then I guess that would be the end. Thank you! :(

Try and wait and see if any of the "old" members maybe have an idea of what you can do.

I just don't think there will be a visa for you when you can't get the police certificate because of that reason.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am actually prepared to read the "negative" answers here. That it would really be hard to go through with my application with this case on hand. I am just trying my luck if anyone could give me alternative suggestions or other things to do with my case.

Anyway, thank you for answering. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Palie, do not give up like that. Can you work on paying off the debt? Can you come to an agreement with the card company that would satisfy the police? I do not claim to know what other countries do. Nor do I understand my own. However, I try things that I think of even if others disagree, to try and work for positive results.You not going to know any of their answers unless you try. What you said above sounded like you would just give up. I say no. With God, anything is possible. With determination, you can get results that are definite one way or another. I say, call the police and discuss you making arrangements with the card company. Then call the card company, make arrangements to satisfy the police.

Hi there,

It is not clear why you can't obtain a police clearance. Your credit card debt has nothing to do with obtaining a police clearance. If you will obtain one from the police it will state that you have open case with them (ex: visa debt...). The U.S. immigration will decide then whether to ignore this offence and proceed with your application or not.

see the link below about how to obtain police certificate from United Arab Emirates. Looks like you have to physically preset in UAE to obtain one.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AE.html

P.S. One you open the link, there will be set of options on the left side. Click the "Police, Court, Prison records" option and read the information. You suppose to see information below:

Police Records

Available, only if applicant is physically present in the UAE.

Police certificates may be obtained by any person, regardless of nationality, by personally appearing at the Central Police Headquarters located in the emirate of residence or former residence. When appearing to request a police certificate, the applicant should provide recent photographs, a letter from the requesting authority, the date of residence in the emirate, and their passport.

Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE.

Prison Records

Unavailable.

Edited by Mike91

Hi there,

It is not clear why you can't obtain a police clearance. Your credit card debt has nothing to do with obtaining a police clearance. If you will obtain one from the police it will state that you have open case with them (ex: visa debt...). The U.S. immigration will decide then whether to ignore this offence and proceed with your application or not.

see the link below about how to obtain police certificate from United Arab Emirates. Looks like you have to physically preset in UAE to obtain one.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AE.html

P.S. One you open the link, there will be set of options on the left side. Click the "Police, Court, Prison records" option and read the information. You suppose to see information below:

Police Records

Available, only if applicant is physically present in the UAE.

Police certificates may be obtained by any person, regardless of nationality, by personally appearing at the Central Police Headquarters located in the emirate of residence or former residence. When appearing to request a police certificate, the applicant should provide recent photographs, a letter from the requesting authority, the date of residence in the emirate, and their passport.

Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE. Prison Records

Unavailable.

In some countries, not repaying your debt is illegal, as in going to jail illegal... The credit card debt might have everything to do with her police certificate. If she has to go back, she might get arrested...

Otherwise, I agree. OP, I would try to get one, even if it lists that you've been defaulting on the credit card. I'm not sure, but it might be seen as a smaller stain on your records than robbery, fraud or bigger crimes :/

Good luck.

Edited by Lemonslice

...my application cannot push through because my agency is requiring me to secure a police clearance from Dubai.

Assuming you are in 'pinas:

I believe your agency is mistaken. You should not need a police clearance. A police clearance can be obtained from the UAE only if the applicant is physically present in the UAE. The consular officers at the U.S. Embassy Manila are aware of this. Maybe it's time to find a new agency.

I believe your agency is mistaken. You should not need a police clearance. A police clearance can be obtained from the UAE only if the applicant is physically present in the UAE. The consular officers at the U.S. Embassy Manila are aware of this. Maybe it's time to find a new agency.

+1000

dg71gl.jpg8xovp4.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Yes I agree , My girl lived in Dubai more then 6 months and they didn't require it at her interview last month.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.