1,215 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Nizounette - you should amend your filing. If you do not amend the filing and get approved, you will run into trouble during citizenship. They can deny your right to naturalize. I would recommend that you immediately file for divorce because you are not eligible for a waiver without a divorce decree. After you receive the decree, amend your filing to good faith marriage waiver. Please note that you are required to change your address by filing an AR-11 online. Getting a waiver is not difficult if the marriage is legitimate.

i hope this is not gona happend , but iv read that if the couple get divorced before gettong the 10 years gc , u just have to show evidence that theariage was real , and me and my husband sent enough evidences when we submit the file.
this is a nightmare

Removal of Condition

04/26/2016 I-751 Waiver Filed at CSC

04/29/2016 NOA

05/05/2016 Check Cleared

06/03/2016 Biometrics Appointment

01/11/2017 I-751 Waiver Approved (New Card in Production)

i have all the evidences ready in case they call for interview , my mariage was real and we lived together for 2 years and 2 months , my husband left me , i didnt, and i have proof of that

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Just curious, for people that received the new card, how long from 'New card is being produced' to receiving it? Thanks :)

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2013-09-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-09-26

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-11-15

NVC Received : 2014-01-04

Packet 3 Received : 2014-01-15

Packet 3 Sent : 2014-01-27

Packet 4 Received :2014-02-07

Interview Date :2014-02-18

Visa Received : 2014-02-27

US Entry : 2014-03-17

Marriage : 2014-03-18

Adjustment of Status, EAD, AP

Date Filed : 2014-04-25

NOA Date : 2014-05-02

Interview: 2014-07-09

Approval: 2014-07-09

Green Card Mailed: 2014-07-15

Green Card Received: 2014-07-18

Lifting of Conditions

Filed: 2016-04-13

NOA Date : 2016-04-21

Biometrics: 2016-05-04

RFE - 2016-11-22

Approved -2016-12-15

Card Mailed 1016-12-20

Card in hands : 2016-12-23

Nizounette - you should amend your filing. If you do not amend the filing and get approved, you will run into trouble during citizenship. They can deny your right to naturalize. I would recommend that you immediately file for divorce because you are not eligible for a waiver without a divorce decree. After you receive the decree, amend your filing to good faith marriage waiver. Please note that you are required to change your address by filing an AR-11 online. Getting a waiver is not difficult if the marriage is legitimate.

i have all the evidences ready in case they call for interview , my mariage was real and we lived together for 2 years and 2 months , my husband left me , i didnt, and i have proof of that

Hi nizounette,

Anamatt has a good point. It would be better to change your petition into a waiver. You guys are living separately now, not because of jobs but because of your marriage don't work out. And I don't know whether you two have the intention to save your marriage or not. But based on what you said here in which your estranged husband is not willing to go to interview with you or help you with RFE if there's any, it seems like there are some marital problems. If things don't work out and you've tried to save your marriage already, why still stay in an unhappy marriage? There are two components of bonafide marriage, one is to prove your marriage is entered in good faith and that you aren't married for benefits. You said your marriage is legitimate and now you said your husband left you but you stay married and hope there won't be any RFEs or interviews. Based on what you said, it can't justify the second part.

You are not alone here. There are USC spouses who is not faithful and left the other one behind. It would be best for you to file divorce as soon as possible and change your joint-filing into a waiver. Or you can pray everyday and hope there won't be any RFEs and interviews and be able to file N400 within the next couple months under the 3-year rule.

Hi nizounette,

Anamatt has a good point. It would be better to change your petition into a waiver. You guys are living separately now, not because of jobs but because of your marriage don't work out. And I don't know whether you two have the intention to save your marriage or not. But based on what you said here in which your estranged husband is not willing to go to interview with you or help you with RFE if there's any, it seems like there are some marital problems. If things don't work out and you've tried to save your marriage already, why still stay in an unhappy marriage? There are two components of bonafide marriage, one is to prove your marriage is entered in good faith and that you aren't married for benefits. You said your marriage is legitimate and now you said your husband left you but you stay married and hope there won't be any RFEs or interviews. Based on what you said, it can't justify the second part.

You are not alone here. There are USC spouses who is not faithful and left the other one behind. It would be best for you to file divorce as soon as possible and change your joint-filing into a waiver. Or you can pray everyday and hope there won't be any RFEs and interviews and be able to file N400 within the next couple months under the 3-year rule.

Good points here Kikat (and previous replies with the same), except, I'm not sure she'll be able to file N400 in three years even with the waiver. Does she even want to be a citizen? Most people are quite content with permanent residency.

I think Nizounette should consult with an attorney to get the best advice. We all have good intentions here but we're not immigration attorneys. Nizounette, you can roll your dice and keep your fingers crossed but if you get called for an interview and you can't produce a husband you'll be more likely to be suspected of fraud (even if it's not) than if you were to file to convert to a waiver.

Hoping this ends well for you...

See an attorney

Edited by Private One

AOS (I-485) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

March.....17, 2014..........Package Mailed

March.....20, 2014..........Package Received

April........25, 2014..........Biometrics Taken

June.........7, 2014..........Received EAD (mailbox)

June.......10, 2014..........Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC (hellish experience but approved on the spot)

June.......16, 2014..........Received GC (mailbox)

ROC (I-751) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

April.......23, 2016...........Package Mailed

April.......26, 2016...........Package Accepted (NOA Receipt Letter - Conditional Status Extended)

June......10, 2016...........Biometrics Taken

April.........8, 2017...........Conditions Lifted (Application Approved)

April......14, 2017............Approval Letter Received (USPS Stamp Dated April 11, 2017)

May.........1, 2017............Received 10 yr GC (mailbox)

Naturalization (N-400) - National Benefits Center | NYC Field Office (3 year Rule)

April....17, 2017.............Package Mailed

April....19, 2017.............Package Received 

May.....19, 2017.............Biometrics Taken

May.....26, 2017.............In Line for Interview

Sep.....12, 2017.............Interview at Federal Plaza (Recommended)

Sep.....27, 2017.............Oath Ceremony (Federal Plaza) - My journey has ended. Will be starting the AOS process for my mom soon. Another chapter will be written.

US Passport & Card: 2017 Applicants
======================================
==================================================
UserName......|Expedited|Sent....|CheckCash|TrackDate|PASSPORT|PPT-CARD|NAT CERT|Location

Private One...|No.......|09/30/17|10/04/17.|10/04/17.|10/14/17|No......|10/13/17|New York, NY

yes i already consult a lawyer and he said as long as our mariage was real and we completed the 2 years together (i have proof for that) there is nothing to fear , and in case they ask for interview ill go with my lawyer and show them all the proof i got . cs all they need is to make sure the mariage was real .

Timeline

Nizounette - I am an immigration lawyer and that information is incorrect. You are required to amend the filing per the law. However, it is your decision what you want to do next. If you do get called on for an interview or receive an REF and cannot produce your husband or provide new latest evidence, the IO will amend your filing to a waiver and give you 87 days to produce a divorce decree. If you do not produce the decree in 87 days, you will be put in deportation proceedings. I highly recommend talking to another lawyer or filing for divorce.

Removal of Condition

04/29/2016 NOA

05/05/2016 Check Cleared

im thinking of traveling out of the states in the next two months , but my gc extention will expire in april , how do i get a stamp on my passport

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

im thinking of traveling out of the states in the next two months , but my gc extention will expire in april , how do i get a stamp on my passport

You're completely ignoring what others advise you. Best of luck.

Anamatt thank u so much for the advise , im sorry i just read it ,

if i start witg the divorce procedure , it wont affect my green card process .

misozi im not ignoring anyone , i just read the comments , thank u guys for ur advises

Timeline

Nizounette - no, it will not. File for divorce. In most states there is a 90 day wait time. Hopefully, he will not contest the divorce. Make sure that if your divorce comes through before you approval/RFE/interview notice, that you send in your receipt notice with divorce decree, new I-751 waiver form, and a letter explaining what happened. If you get approved before the divorce comes through, you should be fine. However, if your husband does inform USCIS that you guys are no longer together, then USCIS will ask you to refile. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

Removal of Condition

04/29/2016 NOA

05/05/2016 Check Cleared

Another January filer from Vermont just got approved - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/581086-i-751-january-2016-filers/page-33#entry8418632

There's still a backlog from December but at least 2016 approvals are rolling in. Couple more months and early April filers will start rejoicing. I filled at the tail end of April so I'm thinking I'll be among the last waiting.

June.......10, 2014..........Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC (hellish experience but approved on the spot)

April.......26, 2016...........Package Accepted (NOA Receipt Letter - Conditional Status Extended)

April......14, 2017............Approval Letter Received (USPS Stamp Dated April 11, 2017)

Naturalization (N-400) - National Benefits Center | NYC Field Office (3 year Rule)

Sep.....27, 2017.............Oath Ceremony (Federal Plaza) - My journey has ended. Will be starting the AOS process for my mom soon. Another chapter will be written.

UserName......|Expedited|Sent....|CheckCash|TrackDate|PASSPORT|PPT-CARD|NAT CERT|Location

Private One...|No.......|09/30/17|10/04/17.|10/04/17.|10/14/17|No......|10/13/17|New York, NY

Quick question

Has anyone ever received a Machine Readable Immigrant Visa (MRIV) I-551 stamp at Infopass instead of that inked stamp? It's hard to get information on how to go about getting one. It seems like they're only issued at ports of entry by Customs and Border Protection.

Thanks

Machinereadableimmigrantvisa.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.