20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I called uscis and was put through to an immigration officer who told me an RFE was sent out on march 7 to me,I have been checking my mail box daily and nothing,should I send in what I have or I have to wait until it comes in the mail or call them again to have them resend it?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Its been 10 days now, call them, ask them to resend. Cant hurt to ask them, besides you have a time limit to answer that RFE, sooner you get it ,the better. You asked if you should send them what you have, do you know what RFE is asking for? Don't send anything, cause copy of the RFE has to be returned with what they are asking for from you. Call them

Edited by ParisHeart

AOS in the USA.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You have to return the RFE that they send you in with the items they are requesting. Just call and good luck

You have to return the RFE that they send you in with the items they are requesting. Just call and good luck

That's long, you should have already. Don't send anything because you don't know what they want. Plus u gonna need the cover sheet. Good luck.

Timeline

Was waiting to hear something about my case that has been over 6months now and I decided to call,that was thd situation so tomorrow I will definately call again.Thank you all for your response

I know. It does take talk that long unfortunately. Just be prepared with whatever they need, because it takes another 30 days to review after they received whatever they asked for. I also did the rfe. In the future, because you will need it, go to the nvc website and check requirements on what to send for each particular things they ask for. Let me know if you need anything else. :)

I know. It does take talk that long unfortunately. Just be prepared with whatever they need, because it takes another 30 days to review after they received whatever they asked for. I also did the rfe. In the future, because you will need it, go to the nvc website and check requirements on what to send for each particular things they ask for. Let me know if you need anything else. :)

Please note OP is at USCIS not NVC. USCIS can take months or more to review an RFE.

NVC does not issue RFEs. They issue checklists. Also completely irrelevant for ROC. ;)

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Ok. What u said is true :) they don't review rfe. At no point did I tell her that they did. Lol what I said was, she can see what to mail for FUTURE items on the NVC website. I know I saw those items afterwards and. Wish I knew before. Just saying. Not trying to confuse anyone hun so that irrelevant comment was irrelevant. We don't work for immigration, everyone have unique experience and we all share. That's how u learn. Have a good day.

Timeline

Ok so I just call and was tranfer to an immigration officer she told me no RfE was sent out,they are working on it but have not made a decision yet.to say the least am confuse much.

The sad things is that they won't tell you what you need over the phone so you can prepare it in the meantime. Hopefully they send out soon.

Ok. What u said is true :) they don't review rfe. At no point did I tell her that they did. Lol what I said was, she can see what to mail for FUTURE items on the NVC website. I know I saw those items afterwards and. Wish I knew before. Just saying. Not trying to confuse anyone hun so that irrelevant comment was irrelevant. We don't work for immigration, everyone have unique experience and we all share. That's how u learn. Have a good day.

Why would someone look on the NVC website to remove the conditions on their green card?? Only the USCIS deals with ROC. Im letting you know your information is wrong. Its irrelevant. There is NOTHING on thr NVC website for someone going through ROC. You said it would take another 30 days... That is typically information that we tell people who are at the NVC stage of the IR1/CR1 process. However, USCIS can take a few weeks to a few months to review an RFE.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Ok so I just call and was tranfer to an immigration officer she told me no RfE was sent out,they are working on it but have not made a decision yet.to say the least am confuse much.

Interesting. Call back and make sure to speak to an ISO, tier 2, and make sure your address is rightand ask about the RFE again.

I hate the USCIS misinformation line too!

Why would someone look on the NVC website to remove the conditions on their green card?? Only the USCIS deals with ROC. Im letting you know your information is wrong. Its irrelevant. There is NOTHING on thr NVC website for someone going through ROC. You said it would take another 30 days... That is typically information that we tell people who are at the NVC stage of the IR1/CR1 process. However, USCIS can take a few weeks to a few months to review an RFE.

Guess you work at uscis or nvc :) I've found pertinent information on their site, so like I said earlier it's information sharing. Never said I was right either, but when u tell me what I am saying is irrelevant...you are irrelevant...we all don't know, we are here for support. Now you don't need to respond to me, because I don't see you offer any help to the poster. So the fact that you come at me just shows how ignorant you are. Good bye and have a great day!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.