Transborderwife

If LPR's were allowed to vote

68 posts in this topic

What racism are you affected by?

That's racist, hahaha. No in reality just because I am white does not mean I have not been subjected to racism. While in fact white people do get subjected to racism as well. I have dated black women before and we would go out in the community and the most derogatory looks and comments we got are from black men. How about when I am driving through a neighborhood in my hometown at a certain time of night and just because I am white I get hassled by people thinking I am just in that neighborhood to buy drugs or a prostitute, when all I am doing is going to pick up my friend who lives there.

Edited by cyberfx1024

Also you can not openly advocate for advancing one races rights of the other races, that in itself is racism.

um, not when one race is historically and currently at a disadvantage. it's not about advancement to surpass the rights of another race in this instance, its about advancing rights of the disadvantaged race to equal other races.

um, not when one race is historically and currently at a disadvantage. it's not about advancement to surpass the rights of another race in this instance, its about advancing rights of the disadvantaged race to equal other races.

Yes, historically in the past they were at a disadvantage but not at this current time they are not. How can one race keep saying they are being disadvantaged by other races when the other races that are supposedly taking advantage are smaller demographic wise than they are in this country? How is it not a form of racism when you are talking about "Black Power" or "Viva La Raza", but as soon as someone says "White Power" then it is racist? It means the same thing, which is pride in someone's race or ethnicity.

I have met some older black people who were involved in the Civil Rights Movement in the south, and they have explained to me why they are pissed off right now at the younger generation. They told me that they worked and sacrificed so hard to get the things the younger generation of today has, but now they are squandering it and claiming that "The man is holding them down". When in reality they are holding themselves down and not trying to make themselves better. The people that work hard to try and get ahead are labeled as "Trying to be white" and ridiculed.

Yes, historically in the past they were at a disadvantage but not at this current time they are not. How can one race keep saying they are being disadvantaged by other races when the other races that are supposedly taking advantage are smaller demographic wise than they are in this country? How is it not a form of racism when you are talking about "Black Power" or "Viva La Raza", but as soon as someone says "White Power" then it is racist? It means the same thing, which is pride in someone's race or ethnicity.

I have met some older black people who were involved in the Civil Rights Movement in the south, and they have explained to me why they are pissed off right now at the younger generation. They told me that they worked and sacrificed so hard to get the things the younger generation of today has, but now they are squandering it and claiming that "The man is holding them down". When in reality they are holding themselves down and not trying to make themselves better. The people that work hard to try and get ahead are labeled as "Trying to be white" and ridiculed.

first part in bold, that is not fact - that is your opinion. if it is a form of racism to say 'black power' then it is a form of racism to assert that the black community must function independently or say, solve their own problems. catch my drift? as a white person on this planet you can't expect the black community to empower itself without unifying in the interest of political strength - which is what black power is.

when a white person says white power, it may be an expression of pride in heritage but it is also, by default, a cry for white people to empower themselves as a united front in the interest of political strength. same premise as the 'black power' but there is a huge difference..historically and currently, white is already in power and has been since christopher columbus 'discovered' america. white nationalists can be tricky that a way - trying to play up the pride and do you know why? because no one wants to feel ashamed of their past, of their ancestors. white people don't want to feel guilty for being born white, no one asks to be born in the skin they're in. but leaders in any white skinhead or nazi organization play up on the sense of belonging and pride in yourself - because that feels good and it gives a sense of belonging without the guilt. they use the same recruiting manipulation as gang and religious cult leaders.

the second part in bold is a gross generalization, completely inaccurate, and sounds similar to what i've heard from older people - black and white. get off my lawn lazy kids today with their gold rims and rap music. that sort of thing, generational gaps are to be bridged not parroted, politically speaking.

That's racist, hahaha. No in reality just because I am white does not mean I have not been subjected to racism. While in fact white people do get subjected to racism as well. I have dated black women before and we would go out in the community and the most derogatory looks and comments we got are from black men. How about when I am driving through a neighborhood in my hometown at a certain time of night and just because I am white I get hassled by people thinking I am just in that neighborhood to buy drugs or a prostitute, when all I am doing is going to pick up my friend who lives there.

Ok, I see the disconnect. You have your terms mixed up. You're talking about racist people, not racism. I'll explain.

Racist: Anyone can be racist. Saying racist things and acting like a complete idiot is not owned by any one race. Every race has these special snowflakes in them and it's not uncommon for black people to be racist towards white people. I don't think it's right, but that's life.

Racism: This is what you're missing. This is the institutionalized, systematic discrimination that was implemented centuries ago to keep minorities from making any real advancements here in the US. Seventy plus percent of this country is white(give or take), so a vast majority of business are white owned. Even things that are black majority are white owned. Black CEO's, black business owners and anything that's exclusively black are so small, it wouldn't affect you or any other white person because even those companies are sometimes white owned(BET is owned by white people, shocker). The NBA and NFL have a ton of black players, but quick, name a black person who owns a major team. Or part of the owner's box.

Sadly, black people don't own anything of real substance here in this country. That's the reality of racism. There's nothing we can keep from you. Nothing we have is worth white people taking to the streets and fighting for. Because we don't OWN anything that you want to be a part of(not you, but in general) and if we did, what could we do to stop you? Val made a point. Racist without money or power is just an angry group. Racist with money and power, now you can implement racism. WIthout those two components, you're just a racist individual.

As for BLM, it's about giving black people equal treatment like everyone else, not putting our lives over yours.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Sadly, black people don't own anything of real substance here in this country. That's the reality of racism. There's nothing we can keep from you. Nothing we have is worth white people taking to the streets and fighting for. Because we don't OWN anything that you want to be a part of(not you, but in general) and if we did, what could we do to stop you? Val made a point. Racist without money or power is just an angry group. Racist with money and power, now you can implement racism. WIthout those two components, you're just a racist individual.

As for BLM, it's about giving black people equal treatment like everyone else, not putting our lives over yours.

Sorry if I was being convoluted in my last post but that's exactly what I was trying to get to. The people that are trying to get ahead are just scorned and ridiculed for "acting white" in some neighborhoods.

Which really surprises me but there are always people no matter who they are that are pissed off about other people getting ahead.

Sorry if I was being convoluted in my last post but that's exactly what I was trying to get to. The people that are trying to get ahead are just scorned and ridiculed for "acting white" in some neighborhoods.

Which really surprises me but there are always people no matter who they are that are pissed off about other people getting ahead.

Not exactly. That is what racism does here in our country. Where do you think that ridicule comes from? Because black people are by definition defined by the most negative aspects of human nature(loud, lazy, aggressive, etc). Anything other than that and you're not considered black. Look at Ben Carson's comments toward Obama. He claims that since Obama didn't grow up poor and in the ghetto this somehow makes him less of a black person.

That's the beauty of it. It's so sinister and sly it's got the oppressed fighting each other.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg