25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

This may seem like a silly question but I just wanted to double check, since I read online that the AP cannot be used for vacation purpose. It asks what are the travel dates and place and we would like to go on vacation to Canada but I'm assuming we can't do that with the AP and will have to wait until the green card comes? Would I just leave that blank then? Otherwise only reason we're filing is in case of a family emergency.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This may seem like a silly question but I just wanted to double check, since I read online that the AP cannot be used for vacation purpose. It asks what are the travel dates and place and we would like to go on vacation to Canada but I'm assuming we can't do that with the AP and will have to wait until the green card comes? Would I just leave that blank then? Otherwise only reason we're filing is in case of a family emergency.

Nonsense. My wife and I took a 3 week vacation in the Philippines on her AP.

On part 4 of the form we wrote " *see attached," in both fields and submitted an attached information letter as followed:

Form I-131 Attachment # 1

Last Name, First/Middle Name (alien fiance)

Alien Fiance #: XXX-XXX-XXX (alien fiance number)

CONCURRENT FILING of I-131 with I-485, Adjustment of Status Application

Date Entered the US: (Date fiance entered USA)

Date Married: (Date of Marriage)

Qualifications for Advance Parole:

1) Simultaneous I-131 filing with my I-485, Adjustment of Status application

2) Married to a U.S. Citizen – Marriage Certificate (enclosed)

3) I have not at any time accrued 180 continuous days of unlawful presence within

the United States.

Part 4 and Part 7:

Description of Travel:

Dates of travel unknown. I have a pending I-485 application to adjust status and have

included form I-131. Dates of travel will become known upon occurrence or

development of a valid reason set out in the instructions for form I-131, and only once the

I-131 is issued.

PRINT NAME Signature Date

Edited by Mike-eeh and Odie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

news to me, where did you read this?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Save some time and effort regarding filling out the Form I-131:

If you are applying for a non-DACA related Advance Parole Document, skip to Part 7; DACA recipients must complete Part 4 before skipping to Part 7.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

news to me, where did you read this?

It appears It's what wasn't read. see my reply above. -_-

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Timeline

Nonsense. My wife and I took a 3 week vacation in the Philippines on her AP.

On part 4 of the form we wrote " *see attached," in both fields and submitted an attached information letter as followed:

Form I-131 Attachment # 1

Last Name, First/Middle Name (alien fiance)

Alien Fiance #: XXX-XXX-XXX (alien fiance number)

CONCURRENT FILING of I-131 with I-485, Adjustment of Status Application

Date Entered the US: (Date fiance entered USA)

Date Married: (Date of Marriage)

Qualifications for Advance Parole:

1) Simultaneous I-131 filing with my I-485, Adjustment of Status application

2) Married to a U.S. Citizen – Marriage Certificate (enclosed)

3) I have not at any time accrued 180 continuous days of unlawful presence within

the United States.

Part 4 and Part 7:

Description of Travel:

Dates of travel unknown. I have a pending I-485 application to adjust status and have

included form I-131. Dates of travel will become known upon occurrence or

development of a valid reason set out in the instructions for form I-131, and only once the

I-131 is issued.

PRINT NAME Signature Date

You should not write anything in Part 4 because you should not even get to Part 4 when applying for a non-DACA AP.

And you don't need any letter.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

And anyone know where I would get the alien registration nbr from? I don't think we have that

You should!

Above the alien fiance(e)'s name on the I-129F visa petition approval I-797 (NOA2)

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4&pid=13#top_display_media

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I think that as far as the US is concerned, you can travel with your AP for any lawful reason.

However, as far as entering Canada, I think you will need a visa to enter Canada if you do not have a US green card yet.

Canada will give you entry without a visa if you have a green card and valid passport (in this case, Electronic Travel Authorization will be needed starting March 15 if you travel by air).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Oh so we can enter Canada when he has a green card and even if he has his home country passport? How do I get the electronic travel authorization?

If he has a green card and valid foreign passport he can enter canada without a visa. See this link for more information:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=593&top=16

You can get the travel authorization online (it's only needed if travelling by air), see this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.