Orangee

K-1 visa (fiancee) Requirements

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I remember trying to do this process by myself without being given the gift of this website. I received an RFE and then I wised up. I studied and studied and studied this websites K-1 processes until I had it down cold. It was a piece of cake from then on. Don't try to be a closed in recluse like I was. Read everything there is in the guides about any immigration process that applies to you. Do not deviate. It is up to you to use an attorney. Let me assure you, that if you learned everything written in the guides, that you would have a knowledge base at or larger than an immigration attorney on your process. Thousands of people have wised up and so should you, unless you have $$$$$ to waste on an attorney.

event.png

event.png

i have a scrap book with the old & new pictures of us together ? .. Oh my i'm just getting ready incase.. I don't know how it feels like to be in the US embassy waiting for my turn!! Heheh!! .. Butterflies inside my stomach. I'm hoping & praying that everything will be well. ? thank you!?

We had 2 photo albums for my wife's visa interview, which I attended with her. I had just a regular photo album with tons of pictures, and she made a scrapbook where it had a few pictures but also places to put a caption.

Relax! It's not that bad inside of the embassy, but I understand being a little anxious as you are waiting for your number to be called. From our experience, the interview with the Filipina consul was a little more strict but it still went ok. She is the one to ask to see your pictures and stuff like that. The American consul is actually very friendly, at least the ones my wife had were. If you click on my timeline, you can see the time line of our process, plus you can also read our embassy review from her interview. Hopefully that will put your mind at ease.

I will share something funny that happened at her interview. We both dressed in business casual, and she had her high heels on. When she passed through the metal detector inside the embassy, it sounded! The security guy used the hand wand to scan her body and it sounded near her feet. The heel of her shoe has a metal thing inside that holds the heel on.

He asked her "What's in your shoes?"

My wife said "My feet!"

He just grinned and let us through.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

1. You need to send an original G-325A.

2. You need to send a letter of intent to marry within 90 days of entering the U.S. Don't forget the 90-day part.

3. Photos are always good.

i have a scrap book with the old & new pictures of us together ? .. Oh my i'm just getting ready incase.. I don't know how it feels like to be in the US embassy waiting for my turn!! Heheh!! .. Butterflies inside my stomach. I'm hoping & praying that everything will be well. ? thank you!?

Just a reminder not to send in the actual scrapbook, it's bulky and they don't want it. Just use the pictures. I don't know if you were planning too but you would be surprised how many people do it.

We sent in 7 pictures and stapled each one to a blank sheet of paper and then wrote the date and other information on that blank sheet of paper. It's nice that way since you have plenty of space to write the info and it also makes it easier to clip everything all together since the sheets were the same size as everything else.

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Timeline

We had 2 photo albums for my wife's visa interview, which I attended with her. I had just a regular photo album with tons of pictures, and she made a scrapbook where it had a few pictures but also places to put a caption.

Relax! It's not that bad inside of the embassy, but I understand being a little anxious as you are waiting for your number to be called. From our experience, the interview with the Filipina consul was a little more strict but it still went ok. She is the one to ask to see your pictures and stuff like that. The American consul is actually very friendly, at least the ones my wife had were. If you click on my timeline, you can see the time line of our process, plus you can also read our embassy review from her interview. Hopefully that will put your mind at ease.

I will share something funny that happened at her interview. We both dressed in business casual, and she had her high heels on. When she passed through the metal detector inside the embassy, it sounded! The security guy used the hand wand to scan her body and it sounded near her feet. The heel of her shoe has a metal thing inside that holds the heel on.

He asked her "What's in your shoes?"

My wife said "My feet!"

He just grinned and let us through.

That was cute! ? hahah! Now I am relax! ? Did you both waited long when you were at the US embassy?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, Im new here, May I ask some questions regarding K-1 visa (fiancee) application, I am from the Philippines & my fiance is a US citizen. I was married before and now annuled, 'just got my decision last December 10, 2015 , Fina lity, marriage certificate with remarks (null & void) from caloocan civil registry wherein my past marriage registered. I filed another marriage certificate with remarks (null & void) to NSO and will get it on march 1, 2016. After that I will apply and get a copy of my Cenomar. I already send my document to my fiance via LBC , he recieved already. Here are the documents i sent to my fiance.

- birth cert ( mine & my son ) NOT NEEDED FOR THE PETITION PROCESS

- annulment decision & finality

- a letter of agreement that I am willing to marry my fiance

- western union since 2014 - present NOT NEEDED FOR THE PETITION PROCESS

- billing statement ( electricity, smart network) .. Because we are living together whenever he's here in the philippines - Are the bills in his name also?

- pictures of us

- passport hope you only sent a copy not the actual passport, still it isn't needed for the petition process.

- 2x2 picture

- greeting card

- Some of my certificate(bread&pastries), diploma, others

- employment certs

- other proofs

..Please enlighten me if you have anymore suggestions about my documents because I don't know if i completed it to get an approval for my fiance application.

Thank you in advance!

Some things you don't need. You need proof that the two of you met in person within the past 2 years. You need proof that you are both free to marry. You need a completed G-325A signed, and the Letter Of Intent to marry, signed.

Follow the GUIDE here on VJ for the petition process. http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Just a reminder not to send in the actual scrapbook, it's bulky and they don't want it. Just use the pictures. I don't know if you were planning too but you would be surprised how many people do it.

We sent in 7 pictures and stapled each one to a blank sheet of paper and then wrote the date and other information on that blank sheet of paper. It's nice that way since you have plenty of space to write the info and it also makes it easier to clip everything all together since the sheets were the same size as everything else.

Thank you for the good advice! ? i just have like a simple thick notebook because i did'nt over decorate it. Pictures include with our both families with us. goodluck to me! ☺️

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello, Im new here, May I ask some questions regarding K-1 visa (fiancee) application, I am from the Philippines & my fiance is a US citizen. I was married before and now annuled, 'just got my decision last December 10, 2015 , Fina lity, marriage certificate with remarks (null & void) from caloocan civil registry wherein my past marriage registered. I filed another marriage certificate with remarks (null & void) to NSO and will get it on march 1, 2016. After that I will apply and get a copy of my Cenomar. I already send my document to my fiance via LBC , he recieved already. Here are the documents i sent to my fiance.

- birth cert ( mine & my son ) - Send

- annulment decision & finality - Send

- a letter of agreement that I am willing to marry my fiance - Send

- western union since 2014 - present - Not needed in I-129F packet. Need to carry to embassy during interview

- billing statement ( electricity, smart network) .. Because we are living together whenever he's here in the philippines - Carry for interview

- pictures of us - Send

- passport - Why would you send your passports???

- 2x2 picture - Send

- greeting card - Take with you to the interview

- Some of my certificate(bread&pastries), diploma, others - Not necessary

- employment certs - Take with you to the interview

- other proofs - Chat records like FB and WA - Take with you to the interview

..Please enlighten me if you have anymore suggestions about my documents because I don't know if i completed it to get an approval for my fiance application.

Thank you in advance!

Timeline

Some things you don't need. You need proof that the two of you met in person within the past 2 years. You need proof that you are both free to marry. You need a completed G-325A signed, and the Letter Of Intent to marry, signed.

Follow the GUIDE here on VJ for the petition process. http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Thank you for your advice!? .. Yes, that's our personal billing account, meralco (him) & smart telecom (mine). We already have A hand written Letter of intent to marry with our full name & signature. I just sent him a copy of my passport ? (sorry for my mistake). We have pictures everytime he's visiting me & passport stamps. ? .. Goodluck to me! ?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for your advice!? .. Yes, that's our personal billing account, meralco (him) & smart telecom (mine). We already have A hand written Letter of intent to marry with our full name & signature. I just sent him a copy of my passport ? (sorry for my mistake). We have pictures everytime he's visiting me & passport stamps. ? .. Goodluck to me! ?

Being the billing for the electric in his name and the phone in yours I would for sure include them as proof of meeting.

Pictures are good for sure!

After you get your petition filed pop over to the Philippine forum, say HI... lots of good people to help you through the embassy process when you are ready. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Pardon, of course you need birth certificates, where does it say otherwise?

The instructions.

*oops that was replied to numerous times.

Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

Have copies of my birth cert & send a copy to my fiance. ? Thank you!

Hi there! Im also from the PI. You need not to send your bc to your fiance, but you need them only during your interview in USEM plus the other stuff like cenomar and the nbi.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.