Dal&Rose

February 2016 I-130 filers

1,293 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

So, I ended up checking receipt numbers before and after ours for Potomac Service Center, and it seems the added a whole bunch right before and after ours. I haven't checked to see which ones they haven't entered, but everything received on Feb 23 and 24 should be in.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Let me correct myself, cases for Potomac between 2/22 and 2/26 (date received) can be checked. However, I don't know their system, if there is one. We'll just have to wait and see what happens, as much as that might suck for the more impatient people among us. It's lobotomy like we can tell them to hurry up or anything.

Our case is not online yet PD Feb 11th.

event.png

1/3/2009- Married

2/5/2016- I130 sent

2/11/2016- NOA1 Potomac

5/13/2016- I130 approved

5/18/2016- Sent to NVC

5/20/2016- NVC received

6/9/2016- Case # received (Welcome letter)

7/1/2016- Sent our IV and AOS packets to NVC

7/8/2016- Scan date

8/9/2016- Case Complete

9/20/2016- Medical exam

10/3/2016- Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
my_logo.png
Case Was Received

On February 10, 2016, we received your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan, Receipt Number YSC169................, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by March 11, 2016, please call

Our case is in the system now!!! What is next? Can I register at the website?

event.png

1/3/2009- Married

2/5/2016- I130 sent

2/11/2016- NOA1 Potomac

5/13/2016- I130 approved

5/18/2016- Sent to NVC

5/20/2016- NVC received

7/8/2016- Scan date

8/9/2016- Case Complete

9/20/2016- Medical exam

10/3/2016- Interview

Yep, you can register with the site and add your case number to your profile. Best advice I can give is determine what day you want to check it once a week and stick to it for at least 10-12 weeks. (Assuming your are not a DCF, those goes much faster.)

I don't check more than once a week for now. We know it's going to be months and I figure later in the game will be when I can go into ultra paranoid phase and check every few days and then several times a day. Lol

I track other monthly filers that are on here to get idea of how things are progressing. I also follow the thread for my service center some. Nothing so bad it's all I think about but just to be aware.

If you know some stuff will or may take a while for NVC stage, start working on it. Though I recommend not the police clearances yet, those have time limits on them.

Examples of what I mean:

- correct birth certificate. (Husband has original from birth, but does not list parents, so he had to order an additional one with that information. His original is from hospital I believe instead of "vital records" that is common in US.)

- military records - husband is to start working on those this month.

- proof of income, savings, etc., and start on I864 (For me, I started the paperwork, but I can't complete yet because I started a new job in May then promotion in December. I'm still within my first year as a state employee, so technically on probation. My year is up at end of June. According to my offer letter it includes a raise upon favorable review.)

- past tax transcripts (I've ordered for the past few years, my income for 2015 will be above poverty level, but I did take a hit on income because I moved states and jobs. I'm including past years to prove higher income levels achieved and with current pay stubs, there will be no problem since pay stubs will show a 25% raise. Though Nevada had lower cost of living. Lol that 25% isn't that much when figuring the cost of living variances.)

Make small milestones to by pass time. Do not think of it as the 5-6 months. It'll drive anyone bonkers.

Meh, back to work now. I hate reports.

Wife US Citizen/Husband UK Citizen

2mpdjqe.jpg

Yep, you can register with the site and add your case number to your profile. Best advice I can give is determine what day you want to check it once a week and stick to it for at least 10-12 weeks. (Assuming your are not a DCF, those goes much faster.)

I don't check more than once a week for now. We know it's going to be months and I figure later in the game will be when I can go into ultra paranoid phase and check every few days and then several times a day. Lol

I track other monthly filers that are on here to get idea of how things are progressing. I also follow the thread for my service center some. Nothing so bad it's all I think about but just to be aware.

If you know some stuff will or may take a while for NVC stage, start working on it. Though I recommend not the police clearances yet, those have time limits on them.

Examples of what I mean:

- correct birth certificate. (Husband has original from birth, but does not list parents, so he had to order an additional one with that information. His original is from hospital I believe instead of "vital records" that is common in US.)

- military records - husband is to start working on those this month.

- proof of income, savings, etc., and start on I864 (For me, I started the paperwork, but I can't complete yet because I started a new job in May then promotion in December. I'm still within my first year as a state employee, so technically on probation. My year is up at end of June. According to my offer letter it includes a raise upon favorable review.)

- past tax transcripts (I've ordered for the past few years, my income for 2015 will be above poverty level, but I did take a hit on income because I moved states and jobs. I'm including past years to prove higher income levels achieved and with current pay stubs, there will be no problem since pay stubs will show a 25% raise. Though Nevada had lower cost of living. Lol that 25% isn't that much when figuring the cost of living variances.)

Make small milestones to by pass time. Do not think of it as the 5-6 months. It'll drive anyone bonkers.

Meh, back to work now. I hate reports.

Thank you.

Us filling from abroad changes things since I have been in Bosnia since 2008. I will be filling our taxes hopfully by end of this month.

Since I am here with my family it is much easier since we are togheter, it would have been hard being apart for that long. I am little scared of the NVC stage since I have to prove domocile. But I am hoping that I will be able to get everything sorted out and our joint sponser is stable. I will probably send her the I864 soon. I guess it would be way to early to start looking for a job in the States, will wait till the NOA2 comes in. I know there is a theat on filling from abroad but is there one that is about a timeline of looking for work?

event.png

1/3/2009- Married

2/5/2016- I130 sent

2/11/2016- NOA1 Potomac

5/13/2016- I130 approved

5/18/2016- Sent to NVC

5/20/2016- NVC received

7/8/2016- Scan date

8/9/2016- Case Complete

9/20/2016- Medical exam

10/3/2016- Interview

E&E - I'm not sure if your petition will be completed faster since you are there and not local (yet.) It varies based off my reading the forums.

As for establishing residence, is your sponsor willing to let you "live" with them until you get settled?

Also if you don't have a USA bank account, you may be able to start the process online. Not sure about that...

Though if you are able to visit and get a few things in place that would be good. And if your husband is able to come, opening an account then is possible also. The major banks are willing to add people without a SSN. Smaller ones, not so much. I know for fact Wells Fargo lets you. My husband is on my initial account and we opened one that will eventually be his, though temporarily I am listed primary on it since I have the social.

Perhaps looking for jobs that can be done remotely from states? May take a while to find one, but hey no harm in looking!

2mpdjqe.jpg

Priority date is used for when sorting out how many visas are allowed per year. Since CR-1's are unlimited for USC, PD doesn't really mean much to us, but they still put them in there for standard practice apparently.

Since I am a curious person, and I like to have some timeline in my head... I was able to sort a few numbers out for the Nebraska office and able to get a few I-130 receipt numbers. There are multiple forms being approved or requests for evidence from the beginning of October and being approved within the last few days. So they are on track for the 5-6 months.

2mpdjqe.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.