NikLR

Article on Wedding Cost

8 posts in this topic

In Sickness and in Health
Interesting read.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Apparently we are going to married forever - I have a cheap ring and we had a courthouse wedding. :lol:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Apparently we are going to married forever - I have a cheap ring and we had a courthouse wedding. :lol:

Same here :dancing::lol:

We are having a small wedding with close family, my aunt has made our wedding cake topper, I got my dress in a sale, a family friend who is a photographer is doing our photos, our engagement rings and wedding rings are cheap but lovely, we will go on our honeymoon somewhere, fun and cheap as obviously emigrating is expensive!

Money isn't everything! I believe being with family and being happy is more important :)

**I am the Beneficiary from the UK**

K1 Journey

Got Engaged - December 2nd, 2015 :wub:
Posted I-129F to Dallas, TX, - December 2nd
I-129F Delivered to Dallas Lockbox - December 7th 2015
Received NOA1 E Notification - December 10th 2015
NOA1 Hardcopy Recieved - December 14th 2015
NOA2 Notification - January 27th 2016 49 days from NOA1
Rang and Received LDN number from NVC - 8th February 2016
Medical - 4th March 2016
*Knightsbridge required more medical information*
Case completed and being sent to Embassy from Knightsbridge 23rd March 2016
Interview Date: 21st April 2016
APPROVED!! :DVisa Issued: 25th of April 2016
Visa ready for Delivery: 27th April 2016
Visa Delivered & in hand: 28th April 2016
POE Phoenix - 12th May 2016
Married - 28th of May 2016

AOS Journey

AOS sent to Chicago Lockbox 5th July 2016
Arrived at Chicago Lockbox 7th July 2016
3 texts/Emails NOA1 11 July 2016
Hardcopies Recieved in the mail 16th July 2016
Case numbers start working on the USCIS website 7th September 2016
Infopass appointment Scheduled for 09/15/2016 at local office.
EAD and AP updated to "Approved!" -14th September 2016
Infopass appointment and Biometrics completed 15th September 2016
EAD updated to "Card being produced!" 15 September 2016
Biometrics scheduled 28th September 2016 - Completed
Recieved hardcopies of the approval notices for EAD and AP 19th September 2016
EAD status changed to "Card mailed" - 22nd September 2016
EAD/AP combo card in hand - 29th September 2016
AOS Interview - 21st December 2016 - Approved!!
Card Production ordered. - 21st December 2016
AOS status changed to "Card was mailed" - 27th December 2016

Recieved Greencard in the mail - 29th December 2016

ROC - September 2018

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Lol Nola. Same for us and fine by me. We got married in an entry room to a massive barn, it was much prettier and since we didn't have the people to fill the barn much more appropriate. And they didn't charge us. We had his parents and my Dad flew in, he bought me a dress and our rings were less than $100 each. Afterwards we went for Mexican then home to play video games :D Since hubby contracts we get to travel all over the country so we don't really need a honeymoon. Simple fitted us best. :) Not to detract from someone who had a beautiful and big wedding, they last forever too :)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Lol Nola. Same for us and fine by me. We got married in an entry room to a massive barn, it was much prettier and since we didn't have the people to fill the barn much more appropriate. And they didn't charge us. We had his parents and my Dad flew in, he bought me a dress and our rings were less than $100 each. Afterwards we went for Mexican then home to play video games :D Since hubby contracts we get to travel all over the country so we don't really need a honeymoon. Simple fitted us best. :) Not to detract from someone who had a beautiful and big wedding, they last forever too :)

:lol: We went out for chocolate cake and coffee afterwards. Going out for coffee has been a weekly thing for us ever since.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

We had lunch at a nice lakefront restaurant and I had stated it was pay your own way. Step-dad ended up paying for everyone which was a wonderful wedding present.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Hubs would have been furious with me if his ring had been expensive. An ex friend of mine spent over $400 on her guy's ring instead of finding a cheaper version online. She said, oh he spent $600 on my set... So?? Silly girl.