gill8g

misspelling on the city name.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I received a letter by mail from USCIS stating my wife's conditional green card is expiring in few months so i am now preparing the package and send it in within the 90 days.

on the letter, I notice the city name was misspelled, can i just correct it when i fill out the I-751? or should i call in?

the correct spelling should be Naperville but they have Napperville, the zip code is correct.

sincerely,

-Jay

Hi Everyone,

I received a letter by mail from USCIS stating my wife's conditional green card is expiring in few months so i am now preparing the package and send it in within the 90 days.

on the letter, I notice the city name was misspelled, can i just correct it when i fill out the I-751? Yes. or should i call in? Don't waste the effort. Seems to just be a typo.

the correct spelling should be Naperville but they have Napperville, the zip code is correct.

sincerely,

-Jay

Good luck! :)

AOS

03/24/11 - Got married in the Boogie-Down Bronx, NYC!
04/21/11 - Mailed I-130,I-765, I-485, I-864 and I-693 - Day 00

04/23/11 - Application delivered - Day 02
04/28/11 - NOA (most forms) - Day 07
05/03/11 - Checks cashed - Day 12
05/31/11 - Biometrics completed in the Bronx, NYC - Day 40
06/24/11 - Received someone else's employment authorization card!!! What the...? - Day 64
07/01/11 - Mailed the poor lady's card back after calling USCIS - Day 71
07/07/11 - Received poor lady's interview notice! What??? - Day 77
07/15/11 - Received my own EAD card - Day 85
08/12/11 - Interview. Approved on the spot! - Day 113
08/18/11 - Received card in the mail - Day 119

ROC
05/28/13 - Mailed I-751 - Day 00

05/30/13 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/31/13 - NOA I-797 - Day 03
06/04/13 - Check cashed - Day 07

06/06/13 - NOA delivered to my home/Biometrics letter generated - Day 09

06/10/13 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail - Day 13

06/27/13 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 30

09/10/13 - Application approved! - Day 105

09/14/13 - 10 year Green Card received! - Day 109

Citizenship

05/10/16 - Mailed N-400 - Day 00

05/12/16 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/13/16 - Credit card payment accepted - Day 03

05/17/16 - Received text & email update - Day 07

05/20/16 - Received 1st NOA (dated 05/13/16) & created ELIS acct - Day 10

05/21/16 - Received 2nd NOA (dated 05/16/16) confirming my DOB and address - Day 11

05/22/06 - Biometrics scheduled (online update) and appt letter was mailed on 05/20/16 - Day 12

05/24/06 - Biometrics letter became viewable online (appt scheduled for 06/07/16) - Day 14

05/27/16 - Received Biometrics letter in mail - Day 17

05/31/16 - Was denied walk-in fingerprints with just 1 person left in line. Milwaukee office, boo! - Day 21

06/07/16 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 28

12/21/16 - Passed Citizenship test/Interview was successful! - Day 197

01/26/17 - I am a US citizen!!! - Day 233

I wouldn't worry about since the zip code is correct :) just a typo! Some people misspell our street name and mail still manages to get here anyway (good thing there's no actual street name with that spelling though, LOL) - unless the mail carrier misdelivers it to the wrong house which has happened quite a few times, like today :(

F & J

I-130 / IR-5 TIMELINE (Petition for Mother)

2016/11/14 — I-130 sent via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day

2016/11/15 — I-130 delivered at 11:20 am in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE, signed for by J LOPEZ; Priority Date  |  2016/11/17 Receipt Date

2016/11/18 I-797C Notice Date; USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email, case routed to Nebraska Service Center  |  2016/11/21I-797C Postmark

2017/01/18 I-797 Approval Notice Date  |  2017/01/19I-797 Postmark  |  2017/01/23 I-797 Approval Notice hard copy received

Timeline

thank you guys!

one more question.

when we went in person to apply my wife's SSN like 18 months ago, the lady told us USCIS combined her middle name into her first name and left her middle name blank.

can i update this when i fill out the I-751? so my wife will have a first, middle and last name?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

on the letter, I notice the city name was misspelled, can i just correct it when i fill out the I-751? or should i call in?

sincerely,

-Jay

Just curious.. are you from Naperville, IL? I live in Glen Ellyn, so we are pretty close :) If so, then hello fellow suburbaner!

Timeline

Just curious.. are you from Naperville, IL? I live in Glen Ellyn, so we are pretty close :) If so, then hello fellow suburbaner!

Hi there, sorry for the late reply i didn't want to bump this thread since i didn't have any questiony. just wanted to keep it on topic :) I hope all is well on your end. yes, i live in Naperville.

Timeline

Hi everyone.

This is what i have so far and i want to include some hotel bills during vacation but is only showing my name (I am the USC spouse) and not my wife's name. should i just leave it out or include it?

I am enclosing the following:

• One check of $590.00 for form I-751 ($505.00) and biometrics (85.00), payable to U.S Department of Homeland Security.
• Completed form I-751, signed by both (Petitioner) and my (USC Spouse). We are filing this petition together.

• A copy of Petitioner’s Permanent Resident Card (I-551). Front and Back.

• A copy of the (Married filing Joint) tax return transcript and account transcript for 2015, 2014 and 2013 along with all the W2 for all 3 years.

• A copy of our Illinois driver's licenses showing the same home address

• A copy of Auto insurance verifying Joint auto liability coverage under both of our names from April 2015 to June 2016

• A copy of the actual credit showing the same account number under both of our names

• A copy of our family cell phone bills for various months in 2015, 2014 and 2013

• A copy of our travel ticket from Chicago to New Delhi, India vacation in February to March of 2016

• A copy of our travel ticket to Hong Kong and India vacation in February to March of 2015

• A copy of our travel ticket from Chicago to San Francisco family vacation in September to October 2014

• Some copies of the pictures we took together and some with families over the past few years

For the SSN issue, you have to correct her SAVE db which they could have done at the SSA office. In my state I had to go to the Department of Revenue to fix it when I was getting my driver's license but you can probably google where to do it in your state.

I wouldn't worry about hotel bills.

if you have the tax transcript there is zero reason to send a w2.

Do you have any joint bank accounts? Credit cards? (You need to show the statements, at least quarterly if not all of them.) How about life insurance? 401k beneficary statement? wills? medical power of attorney? proof of joint ownership of a home or car? leases? Titles or registration? Bills other than a phone bill?

Your list is lacking all the financial co-mingling the USCIS wants to see.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.