Neonred

On My Way to Moscow

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm excited and I can't sleep. In about ten hours I leave here headed to Moscow. My girl has her interview Friday and I had promised to be there to support her and spend a few weeks until we both (we hope) can return to Florida together. Tried to talk my way out of it recently, but a promise is a promise....

I talked with her yesterday and she completed the medical, got two vaccinations, and picked up the results so that is behind her. The Russian police certificate was easy, but getting police certifcates from Kyrgyzstan and Germany proved to be the real test. I tried to tell her to do it VERY early on, but one of her friends that had traveled to the US tried to convince her that the police certificates could not be more than a few weeks old. BAD INFORMATION. It has nearly been our downfall. Just this week we got the certificates after a mad scramble and a lot of extra money spent unnecessarily. That whole ordeal is best left for another thread, and I don't even want to talk about it now.

At least now she seems to be calm because I have been filling her in with information from others here that have posted their experiences. I feel we are well prepared and I can't imagine the interview will be a problem. I will do my best to get on to her computer this weekend and give you all an update.

One more piece of good news....if you can call it that. The weather in Moscow is a little bit "milder" than it was a week ago. Just looked at the forecast for Thursday and Friday and the temps will be low of 16 and high of 37! That's only 50 degrees less that it has been here in Soutwest Florida!!! The long underware and wool socks are packed.

Later guys.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Timeline
hi neonred ,wish you having good flight to russia, good luck your guys there on interview

best,

alma and scott :)

Thanks, and I see your girls interview is next week? Good luck to you too.

I spent several years not too far from Hourse Cave. I was just up the road in Lousiville going to U of L. My family was from Danville, KY. Nice country.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Have a safe trip, wonderful reunion and best wishes on your upcoming interview.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi... wishing you a successful and safe trip!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I'm excited and I can't sleep. In about ten hours I leave here headed to Moscow. My girl has her interview Friday and I had promised to be there to support her and spend a few weeks until we both (we hope) can return to Florida together. Tried to talk my way out of it recently, but a promise is a promise....

Have a great trip! Best of luck, I'm sure everything will be fine. I'll be enjoying the sunshine here in St Pete :)

-russ

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Timeline

OK gang, I have great news. The interview was a success!!!!! We will receive passport with visa in a few days. We will return to the US on 28 March TOGETHER!!!

We are having a debriefing session now and I am taking detailed notes and will give you all an in depth report about all things.

Some important points:

They asked for and took tax transcript, affidavit, one picture, telephone records, and letter from work. I am self employed and did not have letter so it was not really problem, but they still would have liked a letter detailing such.

Many more details to follow.

great news!!!! glad to hear of your success!!!

i'm sure yuo're more than ready to come home and warm up those toes in the florida sun!!!

best of luck to both of you! :thumbs:

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
OK gang, I have great news. The interview was a success!!!!! We will receive passport with visa in a few days. We will return to the US on 28 March TOGETHER!!!

I am very happy for you !! Thanks for the details. ;)

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Congrats to you and your girl Neonred. We'll be standing by for the full debriefing. Only 4 more days for us. So excited. Good luck to you guys on your new journey!!!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.