one...two...tree

Republicans seek to 'neuter' new global warming committee

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
So it's a conspiracy? Seriously? Clearly no one is going to convince those who despise Al Gore that this is more than a liberal attempt to get more taxes. I just know that I'll do what I can. What's the harm in using a light bulb that will last for 7 years? Because it just MIGHT be a sign that you're 'buying into' the global warming conspiracy?? :lol:

would you be upset to know that al gore owns one of these carbon credit places, and it's a for profit business?

eta: i read about 4 of them within the past month. 2 are for profit. isn't this a bit like creating the marketplace when they are for profit?

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's a conspiracy? Seriously? Clearly no one is going to convince those who despise Al Gore that this is more than a liberal attempt to get more taxes. I just know that I'll do what I can. What's the harm in using a light bulb that will last for 7 years? Because it just MIGHT be a sign that you're 'buying into' the global warming conspiracy?? :lol:

It has nothing to do with Algore. There is also nothing wrong with trying to conserve our energy. But to do it in the name of "saving us from Global Warming" and then imposing taxes and control over us is most defiantly wrong. By all means get your 7 year light bulb. By all means use less energy. But don't ram taxes down my throat and impose restrictions on how I live my life over this nonsense. Global Warming is politics. It's just the latest PC bullsh!t.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Its been said before....it's not a an al gore issue.

Do you mean to say that deforestation and burning fossil fuels have no

Impact on global warming?

Oh....it's just a coincidence that we aree currently off the scale with regard

To the usual cyclical warming periods? At a time when we are doing something thatt we weren't doing,

Surprisingly, during the last warming periods?

The temp of the planet goes up and then it goes down. It's been going on for millions of years. It is the hight of egotism to assume that this time it's caused by us. It's just a power play by the left to control and tax us. I do not now nor will I ever believe that human actions are changing the planets temp. I will not accept this latest attempt by the left to impose yet another tax on us.

I feel we are covering old ground here. It is aa cyclical phenomenon - ice ages and period o fwaming. NOBODY disputes thatt it is cyclical!!!! What you are not understanding is that this time we are well out of the normal range of warming periods that go back thousands and thousands of years. We are in a period of warming that has more co2 in the atmosphere than there has ever been before. This link is no coincidence. Wake up - the carbon taxes would be to deter people from wasting enrgy and polluting the atmosphere not just a politicl tool. OMG i am a cynical bas***d but you astound me with an unprecedented level of cynicism!!!

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

It has nothing to do with Algore. There is also nothing wrong with trying to conserve our energy. But to do it in the name of "saving us from Global Warming" and then imposing taxes and control over us is most defiantly wrong. By all means get your 7 year light bulb. By all means use less energy. But don't ram taxes down my throat and impose restrictions on how I live my life over this nonsense. Global Warming is politics. It's just the latest PC bullsh!t.

Okay, so you don't think it's an Al Gore issue. But you DEFINITELY feel that it's a "left wing" issue. And clearly you are partisan, based on your postings here anyways. If this were a "right wing" issue my feeling is that those opposed, would be for. Just my opinion.

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

I feel we are covering old ground here. It is aa cyclical phenomenon - ice ages and period o fwaming. NOBODY disputes thatt it is cyclical!!!! What you are not understanding is that this time we are well out of the normal range of warming periods that go back thousands and thousands of years. We are in a period of warming that has more co2 in the atmosphere than there has ever been before. This link is no coincidence. Wake up - the carbon taxes would be to deter people from wasting enrgy and polluting the atmosphere not just a politicl tool. OMG i am a cynical bas***d but you astound me with an unprecedented level of cynicism!!!

We are NOT out of the "normal" range of warming period. You are buying into the hype. The left is trying to scare you into believing something that just isn't true. In fact the temp of the planet isn't going up right now. It's stable. The only cynicism here is the left and their strong arm tactics in an attempt to control us. If you want to conserve energy then fine, conserve it. Just be honest about it. Your confusing conservation with GW. The two are not linked.

Timeline

We are NOT out of the "normal" range of warming period. You are buying into the hype. The left is trying to scare you into believing something that just isn't true. In fact the temp of the planet isn't going up right now. It's stable. The only cynicism here is the left and their strong arm tactics in an attempt to control us. If you want to conserve energy then fine, conserve it. Just be honest about it. Your confusing conservation with GW. The two are not linked.

Oh well....I guess your right. Giulliani '08 :no::o

K-1 Visa Journey

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

AOS Journey

Removing Conditions

05/13/2009 - NOA1

Okay, so you don't think it's an Al Gore issue. But you DEFINITELY feel that it's a "left wing" issue. And clearly you are partisan, based on your postings here anyways. If this were a "right wing" issue my feeling is that those opposed, would be for. Just my opinion.

So? Does that make me wrong? I don't care if it's a left wing, right wing or any other wing issue. GW is BS. It isn't caused by human activity. To try to make it so IS a political issue regardless of what wing you are.

Nuclear power is the real inconvenient truth of the left. They hate fossil fuels and nuclear power. Right now nuclear is the best solution for reducing CO2 emissions. Renewable energy, for now, is not enough. Fusion will be the best solution but it's a way off.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

:lol:

Nuclear power is the real inconvenient truth of the left. They hate fossil fuels and nuclear power. Right now nuclear is the best solution for reducing CO2 emissions. Renewable energy, for now, is not enough. Fusion will be the best solution but it's a way off.

K-1 Visa Journey

AOS Journey

Removing Conditions

05/13/2009 - NOA1

:lol:

PWNED!

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

The GW advocates are trying to kill us all! In their misguided attempt to save us they will in reality cause a new ice age!

Ok, that was very tongue in cheek but the point is we really have no idea what we are doing. The attempt to "cure" man made global warming may in fact be the opposite of what we should be doing. The point is we don't know what is going on.

Stopping Climate Change

Putting things in perspective, geologists tell us our present warm climate is a mere blip in the history of an otherwise cold Earth. Frigid Ice Age temperatures have been the rule, not the exception, for the last couple of million years. This kind of world is not totally inhospitable, but not a very fun place to live, unless you are a polar bear.

Some say we are "nearing the end of our minor interglacial period" , and may in fact be on the brink of another Ice Age. If this is true, the last thing we should be doing is limiting carbon dioxide emissions into the atmosphere, just in case they may have a positive effect in sustaining present temperatures. The smart money, however, is betting that there is some momentum left in our present warming cycle. Environmental advocates agree: resulting in a shift of tactics from the "global cooling" scare of the 1970s to the "global warming" threat of the 1980s and 1990s.

Now, as we begin the 21st century the terminology is morphing toward"climate change," whereby no matter the direction of temperature trends-- up or down-- the headlines can universally blame humans while avoiding the necessity of switching buzz-words with the periodicity of solar cycles. Such tactics may, however, backfire as peoples' common sensibilities are at last pushed over the brink.

Global climate cycles of warming and cooling have been a natural phenomena for hundreds of thousands of years, and it is unlikely that these cycles of dramatic climate change will stop anytime soon. We currently enjoy a warm Earth. Can we count on a warm Earth forever? The answer is most likely... no.

Since the climate has always been changing and will likely continue of it's own accord to change in the future, instead of crippling the U.S. economy in order to achieve small reductions in global warming effects due to manmade additions to atmospheric carbon dioxide, our resources may be better spent making preparations to adapt to global cooling and global warming, and the inevitable consequences of fluctuating ocean levels, temperatures, and precipitation that accompany climatic change.

Supporting this view is British scientist Jane Francis, who maintains:

" What we are seeing really is just another interglacial phase within our big icehouse climate." Dismissing political calls for a global effort to reverse climate change, she said, " It's really farcical because the climate has been changing constantly... What we should do is be more aware of the fact that it is changing and that we should be ready to adapt to the change."

http://www.clearlight.com/~mhieb/WVFossils/ice_ages.html

4• "Climate change has happened throughout Earth's history..."

True, but significant global changes have generally occurred over millennia (glacial period instability being an exception), with more upheaval in prehistoric climate influenced by high geologic activity. The current change is during a long, mostly mild interglacial. Throughout this period, global climate has been relatively stable, and indications are that global average temperatures over the past million years have never been more 2°F higher than today. Human-induced greenhouse forcing is a significant change over a short timeframe, and warming from unabated emissions will likely be much stronger than anything experienced by civilization. Many of the most serious effects will stem from it's rapidity, breadth, and persistence. Without anthropogenic disruption, Earth would probably have thousands of years more of mostly mild climate

http://globalwarmingtruth.org/

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

4• "Climate change has happened throughout Earth's history..."

True, but significant global changes have generally occurred over millennia (glacial period instability being an exception), with more upheaval in prehistoric climate influenced by high geologic activity. The current change is during a long, mostly mild interglacial. Throughout this period, global climate has been relatively stable, and indications are that global average temperatures over the past million years have never been more 2°F higher than today. Human-induced greenhouse forcing is a significant change over a short timeframe, and warming from unabated emissions will likely be much stronger than anything experienced by civilization. Many of the most serious effects will stem from it's rapidity, breadth, and persistence. Without anthropogenic disruption, Earth would probably have thousands of years more of mostly mild climate

http://globalwarmingtruth.org/

Thats one opinion. But there are others who don't hold to that idea. The man-made GW advocates are the ones screaming the loudest right now so the perception is that they are correct. That is not necessarily true. The other side isn't being heard because of our PC mindset.

Personally I would like the planet to be warmer. I don't like cold weather. In the warming cycle that the earth goes through we are much more lush and more of our planet is able to support the life we enjoy. I say we should not mess with things and let it play out. If I had a choice between warm and cold I choose warm. The GW advocates themselves say the temp will go up a few deg if they are right. Whats wrong with that? I don't understand the hype. The world isn't coming to and end. It's just changing. Adapt or die. That is the way of things.

Timeline

Fine but as 80% of the population beleive and it is a political issue then the GOP stand no chance at the next election. :dance:

K-1 Visa Journey

AOS Journey

Removing Conditions

05/13/2009 - NOA1