one...two...tree

Republicans seek to 'neuter' new global warming committee

76 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I refer you to the 'whats your motto' thread.

"2) Never trust a man with facial hair"

Or, "Do not engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man"

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So it sinks to the level of personal attacks? Not very intellectual of you is it?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So it sinks to the level of personal attacks? Not very intellectual of you is it?

I'm just saying I liked that one :)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm just saying I liked that one :)

I like this one by "JimandSarha":

"More 'educated' people are liberal because the more 'educated' they get,

the more they think they know more about running your life than you do."

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

No but sure is funny :lol:

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

I suppose it is on a juvenile level, if that is where your head is.

Timeline

It is at the moment. Hold on let me screw my matuure head on..................ok there it is.

CO2 is good. Lets burn some fosil fuels and screw my childrens childrens lives before they aree born. Yeee Haa! (pullls two six shooters from his holsters and fires them into the air whilst dancing)

K-1 Visa Journey

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

AOS Journey

Removing Conditions

05/13/2009 - NOA1

It is at the moment. Hold on let me screw my matuure head on..................ok there it is.

CO2 is good. Lets burn some fosil fuels and screw my childrens childrens lives before they aree born. Yeee Haa! (pullls two six shooters from his holsters and fires them into the air whilst dancing)

I'm all for safe Nuclear Power (no CO2 emissions). Are you?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Yes, all for it. I also think we should spend the money spent on GW for funding fusion.

Timeline

Isn't that an oxymoron? If there can ever be a way to dispose of the wast product then yes, but i don't see how? Maybe we could dump it all in Antarctica :unsure: as there is are no humans living there.! (Please feel free to post any suggestions)

K-1 Visa Journey

AOS Journey

Removing Conditions

05/13/2009 - NOA1

Isn't that an oxymoron? If there can ever be a way to dispose of the wast product then yes, but i don't see how? Maybe we could dump it all in Antarctica :unsure: as there is are no humans living there.! (Please feel free to post any suggestions)

Whatever dude. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Keep burning that fossil fuel. Your children's doctor's thank you.

Nuclear waste can be safely buried. Fossil waste is dumped into the atmosphere. You choose.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

Whatever dude. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Keep burning that fossil fuel. Your children's doctor's thank you.

Nuclear waste can be safely buried. Fossil waste is dumped into the atmosphere. You choose.

I agree it's better than burning fossil fuels but I don't beleive it's the long term answer. Yes it's clean IF it is disposed of properly but if it's buried in the earth surely that will spawn whole new species, mutated into who knows what. Is this giving evolution a helping hand.

I read somewhere, it was a while ago so i don't remember the source, that Australia was going to be paid to dispose of it by burying it somewhere in the largely unpopulated outback. Not sure if its true.

K-1 Visa Journey

AOS Journey

Removing Conditions

05/13/2009 - NOA1

Timeline
I agree it's better than burning fossil fuels but I don't beleive it's the long term answer. Yes it's clean IF it is disposed of properly but if it's buried in the earth surely that will spawn whole new species, mutated into who knows what. Is this giving evolution a helping hand.

We should bury it in the Middle East - maybe the terrorists will mutate into fluffy bunnies and pretty flowers and rainbows. :lol:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Why does everyone want to *stop* global warming? Even if we caused it, it's already too late.

We should just accept it as a fact and be ready to deal with the consequences.

You're missing the point - it's about recognizing the cause and effect of human activity with regard to the environment. Science and history have demonstrated most definitely the detrimental affect humans can have on the environment - to the point of irreversability. So what you really should be asking is...

Why is the idea of a sustainable future so foreign to some? Because it means conserving now for the sake of our children's children. It's the 'we want it all and we want it now - and f#ck the future' attitude that will be our demise. Farmers can't farm like that. Small businesses can't run like that. Hmmmm...wonder where that attitude permiates from? *cough* corporatization.

Oh yeah Steven. The EVIL CORPORATIONS ARE TO BLAME!!!! You really trip me out by your anti-capitalistic views. Everything evil in the world is caused by "big corporations"!

I WANT GW! I want things to get warmer! I think it would be a better world without the nasty winters! But the most important thing is: Our climate is changing (if it's changing) because of natural forces and not man-made ones. Leave it alone and let nature take its course. And stay out of my wallet just because you want to believe in junk science! Jeez! Liberals and taxes. Your solution to everything is to tax what you don't like.

It's not in the best interest of a corporation to look for long term solutions - are you arguing against that? What do you suppose would happen to the CEO of a corporation if he were to make changes in production where the benefits wouldn't be felt directly by the shareholders, would cost some money up front and the gains would take 20-30 years to mature? What's the average length of tenure for a corporate CEO? It's the nature of the beast, Gary - corporations sole purpose of existence is for profit - and will operate to maximize that profit as quickly it can. Do you not agree? Restructering a corporation for a more sustainable future doesn't fit into that scheme.

What a cynical view! What do you think, that people that run big business live on the moon? They live on the same planet that the rest of us do and they don't want it f#cked up any more that we do. Your hatred of big business shows just how out of touch you are Steven. WAKE UP!!

Gary, it was a generalization of the corporate mentality - profit comes first. You can dance around that all you want, but that's the cold hard truth about corporations. Do some CEO's truly care about a sustainable future? Sure. But when all is said and done - if they don't make the shareholder's happy, they don't stay in charge for long. 'Profit comes first' will be the demise of our environment and it is already happening. Sustainability is like a flat line in terms of capital growth. Not everything can be turned into a buck and not everything is replaceable.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We should bury it in the Middle East - maybe the terrorists will mutate into fluffy bunnies and pretty flowers and rainbows. :lol:

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!