39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Today, March 9th, is the one year anniversary of my husband's AOS interview at the Pittsburgh, PA district office of the Department of Homeland Security, wherein we were informed that our interview was successful pending my husband's FBI namecheck and security clearance.

*sigh*

unreal, Rebecca.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
A year?

Damn, that's just plain ridiculous. A life in limbo so to speak.

*smirk*

I know.

USCIS made me a cookie but they eated it.

:D

Sounds like they ate the whole plateful to me and didn't even leave a crumb...

Edited by mags

you know...with mags' invisible cookie picture I could imagine a USCIS employees head in that ;):lol:

I am sorry Rebecca that you are still stuck, its just plain awful.

I still can't understand WHY it takes THAT LONG to check a name, honestly.

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

I can't even imagine your frustration and hope I never have to. I wish a 'sorry' from me would help, but it wouldn't.

Regardless - a well timed post - good for people to know the horror stories along with the success stories. Thanks for continuing to share.

Monique

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Oh dear... (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) This is inexcusable. What in the world are they checking for over a year?

Rebeccajo, it seems to me that your husband may have a shot at an unconditional green card if this insanity lasts for a few more months. But I sure hope it will get resolved in the nearest future, and you will be fine and dandy.

(((HUGS)))

Edited by Jewel12

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

infuriating....I can only imagine how you feel. :(

Hopefully, you'll hear something SOON and hopefully there will be some new legislation that will give those in this situation some hope and a process where they can challenge these delays.

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

so sorry to hear that. It is really unbelieveable how applications are handled!!

Hang in there!!!!

06/02/2006 - filed I-129F

12/16/2006 - Enter States thru Atlanta

01/13/2007 - Marriage

01/19/2007 - Filed AOS and EAD to Chicago

02/06/2007 - NOA that AOS has been forwarded to CSC

02/12/2007 - Fingerprinting in St. Louis

03/28/2007 - email notification that card production ordered!!!! (Day 68)

04/20/2007 - GC in the mail.....no more USCIS for 2 years!!!!!

12/29/08 - Filed I-751 to VSC

01/12/09 - NOA in mail

01/24/09 - received ASC notice

02/06/09 - biometrics appointment in Orlando

02/09/09 - touch

06/01/09 - approval letter in mail

12/11/09 - Filed N-400 to NSC

12/14/09 - Package arrived at NSC

12/26/09 - NOA in mail

01/22/10 - Fingerprinting in Orlando

03/08/10 - Interview in Orlando (passed)

03/12/10 - Oath Ceremony

Matthew Quoc-Minh *11/29/08*

7 lbs 6 oz. (3.35 kg) and 20" (51cm)

01/29/09 (2-month-check-up): 11.9 lbs (5.4 kg) and 22" (56cm)

03/30/09 (4-month-check-up): 16.5 lbs (7.5 kg) and 25" (63cm)

05/29/09 (6-month-check-up): 19.2 lbs (8.7 kg) and 26" (66cm)

12/1/09 (12-month-check-up): 22 lbs (10 kg) and 30.3" (77cm)

06/11/10 (18-month-check-up): 27.5 lbs (12.5 kg) and 33.5" (85cm)

12/13/10 (24-month-check-up): 31.7 lbs (14.4 kg) and 35.8" (91cm)

Its just diabolical that you have to wait that long, yeah I often think about the other side of the coin as in living in Scotland but as my wife has more family here thats what made our mind up where to live.

I do miss indulging in a few light refreshments down the local pub watcing the soccer with pals but hey you can't have everything.

Yes this process is more stressful as time goes by and yet I remember someone telling me way back during the K-1 bit it will get better and faster :whistle::innocent::crying::devil::blink:

and the funny thing is you have no comeback on anyone they are so fcukin untouchable grrrrrrrrrrrr

Regards Scotty

oh fer cryin' out loud - whine away! i would if i were in your situation. it's nuts that it's taken them this long.

good news that you were able to get the mortage at least. that must make you feel a bit like things are moving along in your personal life, if not your immigration life.

fingers crossed they get the stick out of their behinds and get working on the check sooner rather than later.

k

Filed: Timeline

rebeccajo,

My condolences. I wish I had suggestions that could help you and him.

Now, where's that poster who about a week ago wrote that she didn't understand my reference to 'FBI Hell'...... If she reads your post, maybe she'll understand.

Yodrak

Today, March 9th, is the one year anniversary of my husband's AOS interview at the Pittsburgh, PA district office of the Department of Homeland Security, wherein we were informed that our interview was successful pending my husband's FBI namecheck and security clearance.
Edited by Yodrak

Filed: Other Timeline

Yodrak -

Thanks. I wish you had suggestions as well! But we all know the best thing to do is just buckle down and hang on.

Yes, where is the young lady? I keep presence here at VJ as I know our case is of interest, but also to remind others that AOS is not a magic right-of-passage that the government owes us.

I guess as with all things, my husband's greencard will some day come to pass. But it's my responsibility to make sure he has it - not the governments responsibility to hand it over.

Becca

rebeccajo,

My condolences. I wish I had suggestions that could help you and him.

Now, where's that poster who about a week ago wrote that she didn't understand my reference to 'FBI Hell'...... If she reads your post, maybe she'll understand.

Yodrak

Filed: Timeline
I guess as with all things, my husband's greencard will some day come to pass. But it's my responsibility to make sure he has it - not the governments responsibility to hand it over.

rebeccajo,

I so admire your courage and strength... I too wish there was something I could do to help both you and Wes... other than be here to share your frustrations and hopefully very soon your Joy when that approval comes....

You are an amazing woman

Kez

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.