173 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Well finally, USCIS updated their processing times. As of December 31st, 2015, Nebraska Center was working on I-130 applications dated August 2nd. Which means, if there is no speeding up on their part, we`ll be stuck in limbo for a simple "approved" stamp for pretty much HALF A YEAR... Except the applications from the Philippines, of course, those are in a completely different highly preferential world of their own. God, we need a miracle!

I feel ya....We can vent it out here :)

It took them 6 months to approve my wife.

Now another 6 months for my parents I am guessing.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would LIke to share this link, she have the most helpful knowledge about i-130 application please check the link, Im sure some of you guys already know this but worth to share for those who dont know yet.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/472916-nvc-filers-january-2014/

Timeline

Anyone's approved yet ? Mine package was received on Jan 22 by USCIS .. I don't know when it will b approve .. Preety sure lots of applications ahead of me ..

Hang in there for 5-6 months.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Nepal
Timeline

Request for additional evidence requested for both parents case was sent on February 23rd , I don't what evidence is requested , I have not received in mail yet .. Hopefully nothing complicated .. Update ur status guys ..

Timeline

I apply for my mom and dad both case is already at NVC and the status is Processing, waiting for the next step. I will update once they send the letter.

Timeline

I apply for my mom and dad both case is already at NVC and the status is Processing, waiting for the next step. I will update once they send the letter.

Timeline

Request for additional evidence requested for both parents case was sent on February 23rd , I don't what evidence is requested , I have not received in mail yet .. Hopefully nothing complicated .. Update ur status guys ..

Look at the bright side. They are atleast working on your file. Hopefully its nothing serious.

Hello every one am trying to gather my i-130 forms to bring my mom here. can someone please tell me what i should include in the envelope before i sent it in. do i have to fill out form G-325a?

secondly i tried in helping my mom with a tourist visa 3 years ago, do i check that i have partition for my mom before?

Any help will be appreciated. thank you

Hello every one am trying to gather my i-130 forms to bring my mom here. can someone please tell me what i should include in the envelope before i sent it in. do i have to fill out form G-325a?

secondly i tried in helping my mom with a tourist visa 3 years ago, do i check that i have partition for my mom before?

FILED UNDER THREE YEARS RULE (319A)

MAILED N400 - APRIL 17 2015

CHECK CASHED - APRIL 28 2015

RECEIVED NOA IN THE MAIL - MAY-01-2015 (PRIORITY DATE APRIL-23-2015) WHAT THE HECK THAT IS

NOA FOR BIOMETRICS RECEIVED MAY-15-2015 - APPOINTMENT MAY-29-2015 ( EARLY BIOMETRICS MAY-19-2015)

TESTING AND INTERVIEW - MAY-21-2015

INTERVIEW DATE- 07-24-2015 :goofy:

OATH CEREMONY MAILED ON- 08-03-2015 :goofy: :idea: :goofy: :idea: :idea:

OATH CEREMONY- 08-18-2015

I-130 JOURNEY FOR MOM

I-130 MAILED- MARCH-4-2016

I-130 NOA RECEIVED -MARCH 19-2016

I-130 APPROVED- APRIL-26-2016(WOW THAT WAS REALLY QUICK ANYWAY THANKS USCIS TEXAS) (L)

I-130 NOA2 RECEIVED IN MAIL-APRIL30-2016

I-130 SENT TO DEPARTMENT OF STATE - APRIL-29-2016

I-130 RECEIVED NVC-MAY-6-2016

l-130 CASE ASSIGNED- MAY 23-2016

I-130 PAYED AOS FEE- JUNE 1-2016 ($120)

Timeline

No G-325A, that's for a spouse.

Did she ever get the tourist visa and if she visited you, then check Yes on Q13, otherwise nothing.

No G-325A, that's for a spouse.

Did she ever get the tourist visa and if she visited you, then check Yes on Q13, otherwise nothing.

NO she was denied.

FILED UNDER THREE YEARS RULE (319A)

MAILED N400 - APRIL 17 2015

CHECK CASHED - APRIL 28 2015

RECEIVED NOA IN THE MAIL - MAY-01-2015 (PRIORITY DATE APRIL-23-2015) WHAT THE HECK THAT IS

NOA FOR BIOMETRICS RECEIVED MAY-15-2015 - APPOINTMENT MAY-29-2015 ( EARLY BIOMETRICS MAY-19-2015)

TESTING AND INTERVIEW - MAY-21-2015

INTERVIEW DATE- 07-24-2015 :goofy:

OATH CEREMONY MAILED ON- 08-03-2015 :goofy: :idea: :goofy: :idea: :idea:

OATH CEREMONY- 08-18-2015

I-130 JOURNEY FOR MOM

I-130 MAILED- MARCH-4-2016

I-130 NOA RECEIVED -MARCH 19-2016

I-130 APPROVED- APRIL-26-2016(WOW THAT WAS REALLY QUICK ANYWAY THANKS USCIS TEXAS) (L)

I-130 NOA2 RECEIVED IN MAIL-APRIL30-2016

I-130 SENT TO DEPARTMENT OF STATE - APRIL-29-2016

I-130 RECEIVED NVC-MAY-6-2016

l-130 CASE ASSIGNED- MAY 23-2016

I-130 PAYED AOS FEE- JUNE 1-2016 ($120)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Nepal
Timeline

Uscis is weird asked for my foreign language birth certificate when I submitted English translated birth certificate of mine , I have been using same when I applied for my green card , same when I filed for my wife , same when I apply for citizenship now all of a sudden it's a problem .. Strange ..

I am thinking of sending my dad , moms birth certificate in native language as well as their marriage certificate in native language when I already submitted English version , just in case even they hav not requested yet

Update to my parents paper, I received their approval notice last February 26.. It was forwarded to NVC already and still on processing status,.i checked the processing timeline for I-130 and it says 5 months,hopefully by dec this year they are here now..

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Update to my parents paper, I received their approval notice last February 26.. It was forwarded to NVC already and still on processing status,.i checked the processing timeline for I-130 and it says 5 months,hopefully by dec this year they are here now..

The 5 months refers to the time it takes USCIS to approve of an I-130 application - the first step of the whole ordeal. In all Philippines cases it is only one month. So don`t go by those 5 months you see, they do not refer to your status, you already passed that stage. Now it is more like 2 to 4 months and you will be done. Congrats. Most of us wait half a year just for the simple approval.

Mom`s IR-5 Visa Journey:

2016-01-22: I-130 Sent :thumbs:

2016-01-27: I-130 NOA1 :clock:

2016-06-01: I-130 NOA2 :dancing:

2016-06-10: USCIS mailed case to NVC

2016-06-16: NVC received case

2016-06-29: Case Number assigned :dancing:

2016-06-30: DS-261 filled out

2016-06-30: AOS fee paid

2016-07-01: IV and AOS package mailed

2016-07-05: IV and AOS package received by NVC

2016-07-08: IV fee paid; DS-261 reviewed

2016-07-13: DS-260 filled out

2016-08-03: Case Complete :dancing:

2016-08-04: Interview Date scheduled: Sep, 21

2016-09-01: Medical Completed - NO vaccines!!! :no: So happy!

2016-09-21: Interview - APPROVED!!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.