Angel7422

Removing Conditions

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

After all these months of wishing time would speed up so we can file for removal of conditions, I am absolutely astonished that in about a month it will be our turn. I have a few questions for the veterans who have already filed:

1) How and where do I attached the personal check (1751 fee) on the document?

2) To those of you that included pictures with your paperwork, how did you do that? I mean did you attach it to photo album page and label the pictures or did you use scrapbook paper

3) Can family members(like siblings) write an affidavit on our behalf?

I have more questions but i am drawing a blank, I just want to get this package completed so i can make a duplicate copy of it for our records. And before I get flamed and told to read the guides I did and its not processing. Any and all suggestions will be welcomed. Boy if I was a drinking woman i would have a few shots of something after all this is done with (well this part of it anyways).

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

1) How and where do I attached the personal check (1751 fee) on the document?

I think I just paperclipped it to form I-751.

2) To those of you that included pictures with your paperwork, how did you do that? I mean did you attach it to photo album page and label the pictures or did you use scrapbook paper

I arranged the photos on the computer using powerpoint, added captions with dates and identifying the people in the pictures and their relationship to us, then printed the whole thing out on low-grade photo paper (the thin kind). I submitted about 4 or 5 pages in all, representing 4-5 different trips/occasions. Most of my photos included both of us along with family and friends. I also attached airline boarding passes, wedding invites, etc if it went with that trip/occasion. But really, I think you can do it any way you like as long as it's dated and the people are identified.

3) Can family members(like siblings) write an affidavit on our behalf?

Yes.

"When all else fails, read the instructions."

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I stapled the check(s) on top of the first page which was my cover letter. Didn't want to make them search for it. ;)

For pictures, I typed what was going on - i.e. 'Christmas 2005 with Peach's family' - at the very top of a sheet of paper, printed out just that, then just stapled the pictures I had onto the page. For group shots, I drew little arrows to me and John labeling us otherwise it would have been like where's waldo. It was very fast this way.

There are samples of affidavit letters for relatives to use a template.

Good luck!

Edited by Peachbythebeach

britishmensig-4_zps4475e6b2.jpg

Hi.

I bought some sheets for photos that are self adhesive, and I assembled the photos and I put some captions...

these self adhesive sheets are pretty cool, and they have a clear overlay...

as I used a O ring binder, so it was perfect...

Permanent resident with10 year greencard 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I just made color copies of the pics I had only paper copies of, and those that I had on file digitally I just printed out with captions. I doubt they spent more than a minute looking at the pics, so no need to be fancy.

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks everyone for your replies, now i have a general idea of what and how to assemble our package. I have read and reread the instructions and according to them they want evidence from the date of marriage til filing of petition (or at least thats my take on it) So i am including our 22 page marriage certificate (yes thats right 22), and a few copies of our wedding pictures and pictures of me with my husband's family. Maybe this is not neccessary but since we filed our paperwork @ the US Embassy in Egypt and my husband came in on a spouse visa we didnt have to do the AOS so this will be the first bit of evidence of our marriage.

I am always making extra copies of our pictures so I will put the second copy of a few wedding pics even if they are 2 yrs old, most of our pictures were taken with digital camera so the dates are imprinted on them.

Do you think it will be okay for me to submit a few of our wedding pics along with other pics of us in the package?

Another question: My water bill and home mortgage is in my name so i didnt include it with package, is this okay or should I include them anyway? I'm sure I asked this particular question before so bare with me.

I saw where one person here used a ring binder is that okay or is it best to use the ACCO fasteners at the top of the paperwork.

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Angel, we too were a DCF couple. We didn't include any more wedding (or any other) photos with the I-751. I'd also recommend against a ring binder, but do your own thing. It *will* be disassembled in the mailroom, the officer will never see it. The requested method (uscis.gov) is two hole puch and ACCO fasteners--I <gasp> didn't even do that. I like the bulldog clips and rubber bands.

Use whatever bills you like--doesn't matter whose name they are in if they show the same shared address. If you own the home, clearly the utilities will be in your name--you are the USC. Items with the alien's info on them will go further toward showing that he's living there, don't you think?

We (collectively) should really start a new thread with I-751 cover letters (or list of what you sent). I hate to see folks agonizing over this--it is a much simpler step, and is fairly administrative. Everyone's packet will be a little bit different, but the goal is the same: show that you have a co-mingled life as demonstrated by evidence (stuff you can hold in your hand). Bonafide and boring.

Successful cases have been filed with 15 pages and 150 pages. However, since you are all now empathetic toward the waits we and our friends here endure, send in a MODERATE package so you don't bog down some sorry officer who has to go through your scrapbook. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.