8 posts in this topic

Here's my question:

After my husband's medical, will he get the envelope to bring to the embassy? Will he be told if there are any problems or do they keep it a secret? His interview is 6 days after his medical.. I want to be sure this won't be a problem. I have heard some people say that they get the envelope to bring to the embassy and some people say the envelope is sent thru a courier?? Yes, I am stressing about every little detail!

Thanks!

Your husband can ask the doctor if everything is ok. But the envelope is sealed (and your husband cant open it!). Only the CO can open & view the details.

12140.gif

you will not know the results, the embassy will know...do not worry, everything will be ok

good luck

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I have heard some people say that they get the envelope to bring to the embassy and some people say the envelope is sent thru a courier??

Avoci,

not sure if it differs from country to country. I am having interview in Sydney next Monday. Medical results are given/mailed to beneficiary to take to the interview. If there was a "yes" in medical history disclosed i.e. hospitalisation, some medical condition that required treatment - medical examiner sends results directly to the consulate. They are not given to the applicant.

If your husband is not given his results, as long as the doctor is aware of his interview date, I think results would be waiting for him at the consulate. Are you still worried :)

I129F process:

20 July '06- I129F filed with CSC (Got a lawyer - BIG MISTAKE... Didn't know of VJ!!!)

28 July '06 - NOA1

08 Dec '06 - NOA2

06 Feb '07 - medical

12 Mar '07 ----- INTERVIEW ----- A P P R O V E D -----

4 Apr '07 - US entry - San Francisco

1 July '07 - MARRIED in SF :)

AOS process (after K-1):

24 July '07 - AOS application received by Chicago Office

09 August '07 - Biometrics appt letter

24 August '07 - RFE for I-485 (incomplete tax info sent!)

28 August '07 - NOA letters for AOS, EAD and AP

29 August '07 - Biometrics

AP - 12 October '07 - hard copy: multiple travel, valid 12 months

EAD - 18 October '07 - hard copy: valid from the date of 1st notice of card production

SSN - 30 October '07 (married name), applied Oct 18, same day I got my EAD

DL - 11 December '07 - driving test at DMV San Francisco. Yay! Now I can drive on the "wrong" side of the road!

21 November '07 - AOS Interview (Letter rec'd Oct 15) ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D -----

07 December '07 - GREENCARD IN MAIL

Peace and quiet... apply for removal of conditions - August 2009!

I have heard some people say that they get the envelope to bring to the embassy and some people say the envelope is sent thru a courier??

Avoci,

not sure if it differs from country to country. I am having interview in Sydney next Monday. Medical results are given/mailed to beneficiary to take to the interview. If there was a "yes" in medical history disclosed i.e. hospitalisation, some medical condition that required treatment - medical examiner sends results directly to the consulate. They are not given to the applicant.

If your husband is not given his results, as long as the doctor is aware of his interview date, I think results would be waiting for him at the consulate. Are you still worried :)

So, u are saying that if he doesn't get the envelope it probably means there is a problem?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You really need to find out from someone who went through your Consulate!

In Athens, you must take the medical three business days before the interview, to allow time for the doctor to send the info to the Embassy.

In other places, the result is given to the applicant.

Elsewhere, it can be on the same day/day before the interview and the doctor send it to the Embassy.

I don't see how you make the leap to "So, u are saying that if he doesn't get the envelope it probably means there is a problem?"

The medical is checking for certain STDs and up to date vax. Yes, they look for other things & I remember one woman discovered she had a serious heart condition as a result of taking the medical, but anything else they'd find, he would likely know about.

Denial resulting from a medical is quite rare, and you would be offered a remedy before a denial.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Varies from country to country, doctor to doctor. I picked up my results in person 2 days after. The doctor I went to told me that if there was a problem with anything they would tell me when I picked it up so I could start a course of medication if applicable. I also paid for a 2nd complete copy so I could see what my results were. If you're worried, ask your husband to ask if he can pay for a 2nd copy of the results. Just make sure the sealed one stays sealed.

Your best bet is to have your husband ask the doctor's office about their procedures (e.g., if he can pick it up, what happens if they discover a problem, etc.).

Edited by misa

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
So, u are saying that if he doesn't get the envelope it probably means there is a problem?

Avoci,

thats not what I'm saying. I meant, if he is not given the envelope - making sure that the doctor is aware of his interview date will hopefully help results reach consulate in time for the interview.

As far as there being a "problem" - my understanding from my own medical was that because of past condition/treatment which I had some years ago I was put in a certain "category" and got sent directly to the consulate. When I questioned it they told me: it simply means "tick A - send to applicant; tick B - send to consulate" kind of thing. And they actually told me all my results were fine. But because "once upon a time"... they had to put particular "yes" in medical history.

Not getting envelope doesn't automatically mean no visa. But some people do, some don't - get envelope but not visa. Or the other way around. Having fun with words here :)

Edited by ausqueen

I129F process:

20 July '06- I129F filed with CSC (Got a lawyer - BIG MISTAKE... Didn't know of VJ!!!)

28 July '06 - NOA1

08 Dec '06 - NOA2

06 Feb '07 - medical

12 Mar '07 ----- INTERVIEW ----- A P P R O V E D -----

4 Apr '07 - US entry - San Francisco

1 July '07 - MARRIED in SF :)

AOS process (after K-1):

24 July '07 - AOS application received by Chicago Office

09 August '07 - Biometrics appt letter

24 August '07 - RFE for I-485 (incomplete tax info sent!)

28 August '07 - NOA letters for AOS, EAD and AP

29 August '07 - Biometrics

AP - 12 October '07 - hard copy: multiple travel, valid 12 months

EAD - 18 October '07 - hard copy: valid from the date of 1st notice of card production

SSN - 30 October '07 (married name), applied Oct 18, same day I got my EAD

DL - 11 December '07 - driving test at DMV San Francisco. Yay! Now I can drive on the "wrong" side of the road!

21 November '07 - AOS Interview (Letter rec'd Oct 15) ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D -----

07 December '07 - GREENCARD IN MAIL

Peace and quiet... apply for removal of conditions - August 2009!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.