Uk2usa2016

Still waiting for confirmation. Stressed!

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Best thing to do is to call USCIS to see if they recieved it ( you might be on hold for along time ) or speak to the post office to see if they can track ur package by your first and last name that you used on the package

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Hi guys

We sent our application into the Texas lockbox on 17th December, but still awaiting the email/ text notification that it was received.

I've been reading forums and people who sent there's around our date have already had the email...

I suppose I'm just worried that it's gone missing, or would this be normal?

17th December? I'm about to send mine off so don't quote me but Christmas and New Years would have definitely halted Visa processing then when they came back last week they would have had a backlog.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

17th December? I'm about to send mine off so don't quote me but Christmas and New Years would have definitely halted Visa processing then when they came back last week they would have had a backlog.

It's been almost a month and they haven't received NOA1 yet. We aren't talking about NOA2 or visa processing. Just the notice it was received. Doubt it should take a month just to receive it. They were only closed a few days over the holidays.

It's been almost a month and they haven't received NOA1 yet. We aren't talking about NOA2 or visa processing. Just the notice it was received. Doubt it should take a month just to receive it. They were only closed a few days over the holidays.

So am I? Christmas is busy for more than just the Lockbox surely? The post office are probably still sifting through boxes and heavy packages from it. Then once its at the actual lockbox then its probably stuck in a pile of packages waiting to have the NOA1 assigned to it. If you she hasn't gotten the NOA1 then just send another copy? This is why you make three and track them?

Timeline

So am I? Christmas is busy for more than just the Lockbox surely? The post office are probably still sifting through boxes and heavy packages from it. Then once its at the actual lockbox then its probably stuck in a pile of packages waiting to have the NOA1 assigned to it. If you she hasn't gotten the NOA1 then just send another copy? This is why you make three and track them?

You can't just send another copy unless you plan on just sending another $340 too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I feel your pain!

Ours was sent on 7th December, also to Texas Lockbox...

No email, txt, letter... nothing! D:

01/08/2016 - I-129F package sent to Dallas, TX

01/25/2016 - USCIS received / transferred to CSC

01/29/2016 - NOA1 email notification

02/02/2016 - NOA1 hard copy

03/10/2016 - NOA2 (USCIS updated status)

03/14/2016 - NO2 hard copy

04/04/2016 - NVC received

04/06/2016 - Case Number (phone call)

04/07/2016 - Package in Transit!!! (Yay!)

04/08/2016 - Case Ready for the Interview (OMG!!! :o)

05/09/2016 - Medical (Ok!)

06/21/2016 - Interview - 3 questions, 2 minutes and that's it :) (had an issue with former Divorce Certificate, make sure you have the final one, they won't accept Consensual Separation, more time waiting :( )

07/15/2016 - Sent pendent document (The correct one!) \0/

07/18/2016 - Consulate received documents

07/25/2016 - Visa finally Issued!!!

07/26/2016 - Posted to be delivered!!!!!

07/29/2016 - Visa in hand!!! *Victory Dance* :D

08/10/2016 - Can't believe I'm hooooome

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I feel your pain!

Ours was sent on 7th December, also to Texas Lockbox...

No email, txt, letter... nothing! D:

01/08/2016 - I-129F package sent to Dallas, TX

01/25/2016 - USCIS received / transferred to CSC

01/29/2016 - NOA1 email notification

02/02/2016 - NOA1 hard copy

03/10/2016 - NOA2 (USCIS updated status)

03/14/2016 - NO2 hard copy

04/04/2016 - NVC received

04/06/2016 - Case Number (phone call)

04/07/2016 - Package in Transit!!! (Yay!)

04/08/2016 - Case Ready for the Interview (OMG!!! :o)

05/09/2016 - Medical (Ok!)

06/21/2016 - Interview - 3 questions, 2 minutes and that's it :) (had an issue with former Divorce Certificate, make sure you have the final one, they won't accept Consensual Separation, more time waiting :( )

07/15/2016 - Sent pendent document (The correct one!) \0/

07/18/2016 - Consulate received documents

07/25/2016 - Visa finally Issued!!!

07/26/2016 - Posted to be delivered!!!!!

07/29/2016 - Visa in hand!!! *Victory Dance* :D

08/10/2016 - Can't believe I'm hooooome

Come on people you need to be more proactive here!

This is your future, spend the money, send mail registered/tracked

Yes it costs a little more, this process isn't cheap

If you get RFE make sure you track it, expedite postage whatever it takes

Give yourself that piece of mind

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yeah filled out the G1145. I hope we hear something this week.

Nope my partner didn't keep the receipt of the money order.

I filled out the G1145 and never received a single email notification once. I think it's useless. What I would recommend using if you have a smartphone would be to download the USCIS App. That thing works great.

Also keep in mind that you sent your stuff in during the holiday season. Government employees get a lot of time off during the holiday season so that might've delayed a response for you. Be patient (I know firsthand that's A LOT easier said than done).

Good luck.

Timeline

You have to have a receipt number to use the tracking site so that won't help right now. I don't use checks but got a certified check from my bank drawn from my account. Many times banks will give you this option once or twice per month for free. If you have to pay its approximately $7 which is well worth the piece of mind and being able to track if payment was received. Also, I sent our package USPS with tracking. It was a few dollars extra but again well worth knowing it was signed for and received. These packets contain way too much sensitive information that you don't want in the wrong hands. Yes indeed proactive is necessary.

I hope all works out for the best OP!

We filled it out and it worked fine

I agree! I used it for both I-129f and AOS. Got emails/texts every time.

OP...your partner should definitely consider keeping receipts and using personal cheque's in the future. These documents need to be tracked. Life changing paperwork tends to be worth the extra buck ?

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

email lock box support see if they get your package, if they haven't received it more likely it lost. Now i recommand prepare a new application and wait for lockbox to email you back. If they don't have it then send the new new application with tracking

good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent mine out on the 15th, two days before the OP and received my NOA1 hardcopy January 4th. The mail ran slower, but it didn't come to a halt. I tracked my package every day from the time I shipped it out to the time it was delivered. That tracking number is critical and should have been treated like a piece of gold.

I would start making phone calls to the shipper and uscis to see if the package can be located, but the OP might just be SOL. All they can do is wait and hope, if the shipper can't track without the number. Good luck to them.

K1 VISA

I-129F Sent:                2015-12-15
I-129F NOA1:              2015-12-24
I-129F NOA2:              2016-02-05

NVC Received:            2016-02-19
Case # Assigned:        2016-02-19
NVC Left:                    2016-02-22
Consulate Received:   2016-02-24
Packet 3 Received:     2016-03-03

Interview Date:            2016-03-29
Interview Result:         Approved

Visa Received:           2016-04-06
US Entry:                   2016-04-09
Marriage:                   2016-05-17

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed:               2016-06-16
NOA Date:               2016-06-20
RFE:                        2016-07-30  
   2 RFE's on this date. I did not fill out i-865 household size properly.
    I also needed to send them my IRS Tax Transcripts for proof of meeting
    minimum income requirement.

Biometrics:              2016-08-19
RFE:                       2016-10-06

2 more FRE's on this date. We received the dreaded medical, go straight to
    the civil surgeon :(  Total cost of $366
    And the other one was for proof of continuing relationship. We sent in
    some pictures and our Ultrasound pictures :D

Approval/Denial Date:  2016-11-26
Approved:                   YES

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.