LarissaAnn

I864 Contents....Anything missing? All this look good?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone, I know my husband and I are going DCF route in London but I figured this would be the best place to post an I864 topic.

We're aiming to do the DS-260 and medical this month and are just preparing the I864 (along with joint sponsor) in advance while doing all of that. I was curious if you all could take a look at what we've compiled so far and let us know if there is anything we're missing or if that looks about right and standard?

Thank you so much!

Me (the petitioner)

Form I-864

2014 Tax Return Transcript

2013 Tax Return Copy and W2

2012 Tax Return Copy and W2

Copy of my employment contract confirming my annual salary

Proof of US citizenship (scan of passport page)

Joint Sponsor

Form I-864

2013 Tax Return Transcript

2012 Tax Return Transcript

12 months of 2015 Bank Statements to confirm Pension/SS deposits (in lieu of payslips since joint sponsor is retired)

Household Member

Form I-864a

2014 Tax Return Transcript copy

2013 Tax Return Transcript copy

2012 Tax Return Transcript copy

Letter from employer confirming annual income

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hi

the only thing is that you don't need proof of citizenship, you sent it with the other forms

Actually, you do need it for your sponsors. Need proof of US citizen or permanent resident status.

CR-1 Timeline - 255 Days

USCIS - 81 Days

07/31/15: I-130 Mailed
08/06/15: NOA1 -- California Service Center
10/26/15: NOA2

NVC - 61 Days

11/05/15: NVC Received Case
11/25/15: Completed DS-261
11/28/15: Paid AOS Fee
11/30/15: DS-261 Reviewed Over Phone
12/02/15: Paid IV Fee
12/04/15: DS-260 Completed
12/04/15: Scan Date
01/05/16: Case Complete

CANADA

02/25/16: Interview - APPROVED!!!
03/07/16: Visa in hand

03/29/18: POE @ YVR

Removal of Conditions - 630 Days

Spoiler

01/16/18: I-751 Delivered

01/19/18: NOA1 -- Vermont Service Center

02/27/18: Biometrics

07/03/19: Case Transferred to NBC

09/26/19: Congressional Inquiry sent to USCIS

10/07/19: Received call from USCIS - Combo Interview scheduled for 10/08/19

10/08/19: I-751 & N-400 Interview -- APPROVED

Naturalization - 267 Days

Spoiler

02/01/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/01/19: NOA1

02/20/19: Biometrics

07/03/19: Interview Interview Cancelled - Haven't received I751

10/25/19: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Actually, you do need it for your sponsors. Need proof of US citizen or permanent resident status.

hi

the petitioner already has sent proof of citizenship or being a legal permanent resident, why would the petitioner have to resend proof?

the sponsor/petitioner, doesn't need to resend proof or do they?

but if it is a joint sponsor, or joint sponsor, household member, immigration doesn't have proof of being a LPR or USC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hi

the petitioner already has sent proof of citizenship or being a legal permanent resident, why would the petitioner have to resend proof?

the sponsor/petitioner, doesn't need to resend proof or do they?

but if it is a joint sponsor, or joint sponsor, household member, immigration doesn't have proof of being a LPR or USC

The joint sponsor and household member need to provide proof that they are a USC or LPR.:

From the I864 instructions:

Item Numbers 11.a. - 11.c. Citizenship or Residency. You must provide proof that you are a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident for joint and substitute sponsors and for relatives of employment-based immigrants who file Form I-864.

1. Proof of U.S. citizen or U.S. national status includes a copy of your birth certi cate, certi cate of naturalization, certi cate of citizenship, consular report of birth abroad to U.S. citizen parents, or a copy of the biographic data page of your U.S. passport.

2. Proof of lawful permanent resident status includes a photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551), or a photocopy of an unexpired temporary Form I-551 stamp in either a foreign passport or a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-94 Arrival-Departure Record.

CR-1 Timeline - 255 Days

USCIS - 81 Days

07/31/15: I-130 Mailed
08/06/15: NOA1 -- California Service Center
10/26/15: NOA2

NVC - 61 Days

11/05/15: NVC Received Case
11/25/15: Completed DS-261
11/28/15: Paid AOS Fee
11/30/15: DS-261 Reviewed Over Phone
12/02/15: Paid IV Fee
12/04/15: DS-260 Completed
12/04/15: Scan Date
01/05/16: Case Complete

CANADA

02/25/16: Interview - APPROVED!!!
03/07/16: Visa in hand

03/29/18: POE @ YVR

Removal of Conditions - 630 Days

Spoiler

01/16/18: I-751 Delivered

01/19/18: NOA1 -- Vermont Service Center

02/27/18: Biometrics

07/03/19: Case Transferred to NBC

Naturalization - 267 Days

Spoiler

02/01/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/01/19: NOA1

02/20/19: Biometrics

07/03/19: Interview Interview Cancelled - Haven't received I751

10/25/19: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

The joint sponsor and household member need to provide proof that they are a USC or LPR.:

From the I864 instructions:

Item Numbers 11.a. - 11.c. Citizenship or Residency. You must provide proof that you are a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident for joint and substitute sponsors and for relatives of employment-based immigrants who file Form I-864.

1. Proof of U.S. citizen or U.S. national status includes a copy of your birth certi cate, certi cate of naturalization, certi cate of citizenship, consular report of birth abroad to U.S. citizen parents, or a copy of the biographic data page of your U.S. passport.

2. Proof of lawful permanent resident status includes a photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551), or a photocopy of an unexpired temporary Form I-551 stamp in either a foreign passport or a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-94 Arrival-Departure Record.

hi

we are saying the same thing

if you read, what I was taking about was the petitioner, the petitioner doesn't need proof of citizenship

the joint sponsor does

Timeline

the original poster says me

and on the bottom says proof of citizenship on the list for the petitioner

the petitioner doesn't need to send proof of citizenship with the i864

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i don't see a letter about usa domicile or re-establishing usa domicile, along with evidence on either. it's covered in the I-864, and must be submitted with the I-864.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Hi everyone, I know my husband and I are going DCF route in London but I figured this would be the best place to post an I864 topic.

We're aiming to do the DS-260 and medical this month and are just preparing the I864 (along with joint sponsor) in advance while doing all of that. I was curious if you all could take a look at what we've compiled so far and let us know if there is anything we're missing or if that looks about right and standard?

Thank you so much!

Me (the petitioner)

Form I-864

2013 Tax Return Copy and W2

2012 Tax Return Copy and W2

Copy of my employment contract confirming my annual salary

Proof of US citizenship (scan of passport page) Not needed.

Joint Sponsor

Form I-864

2013 Tax Return Transcript

2012 Tax Return Transcript

12 months of 2015 Bank Statements to confirm Pension/SS deposits (in lieu of payslips since joint sponsor is retired)

Household Member

Form I-864a

2014 Tax Return Transcript copy

2013 Tax Return Transcript copy

2012 Tax Return Transcript copy

Letter from employer confirming annual income

I am assuming the household member and the joint sponsor have the same tax return transcripts so repeating them isn't needed.. Nor is a copy of your passport page. Your USC status has already been established by this point.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.