DVVDDVVD

DV related questions

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

hello everyone

after a few months of marriage, my husband and I applied to the diversity visa lottery, we waited and after a few more months that application was selected for further processing. each one of us was required to fill in a visa application form (DS-260) to be sent to the kentucky consular center , and so we did.

after a couple of months my husband and I had an argument which ended in domestic violence ( I have documents to prove that), and we're currently divorcing.

I would like to know whether or not I still have a change to pursue my own visa after the divorce is official ( which is gonna be at least a couple of months from now) ?

and also , if yes, what is required of me to do ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Whose application was selected for further processing ? If husbands, you have no chance of pursuing any visa, in fact even if you're married its his choice if he takes you with him or not. If it was your entry, then of course yes.

@Diamond Member

we were married and he applied as a married person and they asked him to fill in information about his spouse, and we both sent applications to the KCC , basically we applied as a married couple , are you sure about what you said ? can I have a certain source where you got the information that you shared ?

Whose application was selected for further processing ? If husbands, you have no chance of pursuing any visa, in fact even if you're married its his choice if he takes you with him or not. If it was your entry, then of course yes.

we were married and he applied as a married person and they asked him to fill in information about his spouse, and we both sent applications to the KCC , basically we applied as a married couple , are you sure about what you said ? can I have a certain source where you got the information that you shared ?

Timeline

Yes, I am sure. He had to apply as married person as it is a requirement if you're married. You could have submitted same application as a married person. No idea why would you expect to be eligible for a visa when you no longer have any family relationship with main applicant ?

Yes, I am sure. He had to apply as married person as it is a requirement if you're married. You could have submitted same application as a married person. No idea why would you expect to be eligible for a visa when you no longer have any family relationship with main applicant ?

can you send me a link to the source of this information please ? where/how did you make sure of that ?

As above, if you are divorced at the time of interview you have no claim as you need to be either a spouse or a child under 21 to get a derivative visa. There is no obligation on the winner to take a derivative at all anyway, even though they must all be listed on the entry form, so even if you're not divorced yet he can stil leave you out of it. Sorry...

Edited by SusieQQQ

As above, if you are divorced at the time of interview you have no claim as you need to be either a spouse or a child under 21 to get a derivative visa. There is no obligation on the winner to take a derivative at all anyway, even though they must all be listed on the entry form, so even if you're not divorced yet he can stil leave you out of it. Sorry...

thank you , have you any idea how much time it takes before an interview is scheduled ?

thank you , have you any idea how much time it takes before an interview is scheduled ?

Depends on the case number as well as when you submitted the DS260s. The fiscal year is a quarter through already and interview notifications for February have already been sent out.

Filed: Timeline

would you please be kind to tell me how the interview notifications are sent ?

An email notification will be sent asking the selectee to login into the ESC site (same site where the selectee notification letter was found) to get their interview details once the interview has been scheduled with the embassy.

I would think that even if your husband invites you to the interview (which sounds unlikely given how you've described your case, but stranger things have happened), if the CO gets any sniff that you have divorce proceedings in progress he probably wouldn't grant you a visa anyway. The situation would probably be viewed in a similar light to people getting married just to get a green card.

An email notification will be sent asking the selectee to login into the ESC site (same site where the selectee notification letter was found) to get their interview details once the interview has been scheduled with the embassy.

is there anyway for me to be notified as well ? if an interview is already scheduled (which I am not yet sure about) can I call the interiew location and ask for information since we're officially still married and my DS-260 was not removed ?

Timeline

is there anyway for me to be notified as well ? if an interview is already scheduled (which I am not yet sure about) can I call the interiew location and ask for information since we're officially still married and my DS-260 was not removed ?

You sound completely desperate - even if you find out the date of the interview, you showing up there isn't going to accomplish absolutely anything if you husband does not want you with him. Your potential visa is entirely dependent on him regardless of your marital status and DS-260 filed.

Filed: Timeline

You cannot be interviewed outside of your spouse. If your spouse is the main selectee, then you're simply a derivative/beneficiary of your spouse's selection. You can only attend the interview with your spouse. You need to work things out with your spouse if you wish to benefit from his selection.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.