Rob L

Why Politicians Want You to Panic

50 posts in this topic

we cant even all get on the same page concerning what science is acceptable to be taught in our public schools - so as not to offend the 'satan planted the dinosaur bones' truebible believing christians. i can only imagine the back and forth over what questions to include if we tried to have a comprehensive test for intelligence in order to vote.

I'd like to see something like the Bridge Of Death in the Holy Grail.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Fair enough, but how would you draw the line in a way that isn't arbitrary? Who writes the exam? How long is it? Do you get one shot or many? Do you need to take it regularly or is once enough? How often should it be revised? Can states opt out? How about municipalities?

Really, you don't need an amendment to do this, and amending the constitution would take so much more work (you're working with the 1st, 14th, 15th, 19th, 24th and 25th, and probably more amendments I'm spacing on) than stacking the Supreme Court with justices who read the Voting Rights Act selectively could do more neatly.

I know, the practical implementation of it is difficult, which is why it won't happen. And that's why we'll continue to have a system largely led by the blind.

Good luck!

nah, the american political system isn't led by the blind, the blind buy in and follow along and vote for the characters we're given to choose from - but this system is led by $. that won't even begin to change till citizens united is overturned, superpacs/lobbyists gone..get money out of the political process and give actual voting power (not purchasing power) to the people - where it belongs.

Timeline

nah, the american political system isn't led by the blind, the blind buy in and follow along and vote for the characters we're given to choose from - but this system is led by $. that won't even begin to change till citizens united is overturned, superpacs/lobbyists gone..get money out of the political process and give actual voting power (not purchasing power) to the people - where it belongs.

True. http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746

Good luck!

I know, the practical implementation of it is difficult, which is why it won't happen. And that's why we'll continue to have a system largely led by the blind.

Them's the breaks with our democratic system, but I'd put the reason for why we'll not have an intelligence test down to it being un-American, as opposed to being difficult. ;) As frustrating as it is to have to let the yahoos vote -- and man, I get frustrated with it -- ultimately I have to support it if I support our nation's values. All men are created equal, after all (allegedly).

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Them's the breaks with our democratic system, but I'd put the reason for why we'll not have an intelligence test down to it being un-American, as opposed to being difficult. ;) As frustrating as it is to have to let the yahoos vote -- and man, I get frustrated with it -- ultimately I have to support it if I support our nation's values. All men are created equal, after all (allegedly).

Men were created to give women the lifetime project of changing them

I'm old enough to know that ain't ever going to work. I use that energy now on projects with actual, tangible results, like knitting (get lovely hats and sweaters), doing schoolwork (can finally practice in this state) and getting tipsy and shopping on Amazon (end up with punk anthologies on CD and new jeans two days later through Prime).

Timeline

My wife txted me yesterday morning after she left early that for 2016 my job was to make the bed before work and put the pillows in their right spot. I didn't have the heart to tell her this was never going to become a new habit, so I diligently made the bed yesterday. Note that I said yesterday.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

All men are created equal, after all (allegedly).

actually, men are just created. sam colt made them all equal.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I'm old enough to know that ain't ever going to work. I use that energy now on projects with actual, tangible results, like knitting (get lovely hats and sweaters), doing schoolwork (can finally practice in this state) and getting tipsy and shopping on Amazon (end up with punk anthologies on CD and new jeans two days later through Prime).

Amazon Prime is da bomb diggity! Do all my Christmas shopping and anything else we need throughout the year and never pay for 2nd day shipping. We more than use up the annual $99 membership fee quickly. I get Tim Horton's K-cups sent to the house every month on a subscription, it's awesome!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Amazon Prime is da bomb diggity! Do all my Christmas shopping and anything else we need throughout the year and never pay for 2nd day shipping. We more than use up the annual $99 membership fee quickly. I get Tim Horton's K-cups sent to the house every month on a subscription, it's awesome!

The new crack in Seattle and other places is Amazon Prime Now. I can order a bottle of Gin, Dream Girl Body stockings and a 1 lb box of See's candy via an app and it shows up in 1 hour UBER-style. This is great for folks like me who don't plan to fail but fail to plan.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

The new crack in Seattle and other places is Amazon Prime Now. I can order a bottle of Gin, Dream Girl Body stockings and a 1 lb box of See's candy via an app and it shows up in 1 hour UBER-style. This is great for folks like me who don't plan to fail but fail to plan.

Sounds like an interesting night.

It's fantastic! I also apparently have lifetime access to discounted student rates for Prime because I have a lifetime .edu email address -- $49 a year, suckers. :joy:

It's fantastic! I also apparently have lifetime access to discounted student rates for Prime because I have a lifetime .edu email address -- $49 a year, suckers. :joy:

Just another way to keep ole whitey down. #sonsabitches!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Bluff called. Pics - or it never happened.

:lol:

My wife txted me yesterday morning after she left early that for 2016 my job was to make the bed before work and put the pillows in their right spot. I didn't have the heart to tell her this was never going to become a new habit, so I diligently made the bed yesterday. Note that I said yesterday.

Fighting it only makes them double down. Yield to the force!