slim

Happy Woman's Day!

24 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Hope you're all having a happy woman's day, and if you forgot (or just didn't know) it's not too late to do something nice or play it off as "baby, I was waiting for tonight!"

I should've posted this yesterday as a reminder, but here it is anyway!

To all the wives, girlfriends, S/Os.... HAPPY WOMAN'S DAY!!!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

In case anyone besides me was thinking "HUH? Women's Day?" I looked it up.

International Women's Day

International Women's Day (8 March) is an occasion marked by women's groups around the world. This date is also commemorated at the United Nations and is designated in many countries as a national holiday. When women on all continents, often divided by national boundaries and by ethnic, linguistic, cultural, economic and political differences, come together to celebrate their Day, they can look back to a tradition that represents at least nine decades of struggle for equality, justice, peace and development.

International Women's Day is the story of ordinary women as makers of history; it is rooted in the centuries-old struggle of women to participate in society on an equal footing with men. In ancient Greece, Lysistrata initiated a sexual strike against men in order to end war; during the French Revolution, Parisian women calling for "liberty, equality, fraternity" marched on Versailles to demand women's suffrage.

The idea of an International Women's Day first arose at the turn of the century, which in the industrialized world was a period of expansion and turbulence, booming population growth and radical ideologies.

Happy International Women's Day.. (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

My dad always buys my mom some flowers today, and if one of his daughters happens to be at home, she gets a bouquet as well. :)

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Hey everyone,

Hope you're all having a happy woman's day, and if you forgot (or just didn't know) it's not too late to do something nice or play it off as "baby, I was waiting for tonight!"

My wife was shocked that I remembered.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

HAPPY WOMANS DAY !!!!!!

HOPE ALL THE LADIES GET A GOOD GIFT TONIGHT :devil: *LOL*

post-7599-1173382053_thumb.jpg

3dflags_pri0001-0001a.gif3dflags_aus0001-0001a.gif

Oct 29 2004 Met on LDSPLANET

Oct 30 2004 First phone call....EVERY DAY till this day

Dec 25 2004 I asked him to MARRY me and he said Yes

March 19 2005 took out my passport now i need to wait

April 19 2005 I GOT MY PASSPORT !!!!

April 21 2005 NENNE booked his flight he get here on June 29th YES!!!!

May 9 2005 I-130 Packet and Packet 3 are being sent off to us !!!

May 15 2005 Recived packet 1-3

June 29 2005 Nenne arrived in Puerto Rico

July 2 2005 GOT MARRIEDbadassbuddy_com-inlove2.gif

July 11 2005 Got our Marriage Certificate

Leaving August 17th to Australia and file for DCF !!!

July 19 2005 Got interview date on Sept. 6

August 17th Got to AUSTRALIA !!!

SEPTEMBER 6 DCF (CR1)WE GOT APPROVED !!!!

September 9 2005 Recived VISA in mail

November 24 2005 Nennes POE GUAM

November 26 2005 Arrived in Puerto Rico

Married for 3 years and counting

September 10 2007 sending off the I-571

Sept 2007 sent forms Aug 2008 got 10 yr Green Card

Nope,..I didn't forget. Roses & chocolate for my sweetie. :luv:

04/19/2006 - met for the first time

01/12/2007 - sent I-129f to Nebraska

01/22/2007 - NOA1

04/20/2007 - NOA2

07/20/2007- Interview in Moscow

09/19/2007- Married

01/25/2008- AOS package mailed

08/27/2008-Interview-approved

09/10/2008-GC received

08/21/2010-10yr green card received

love is where you find it, even if it is a half a world away

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

For those that are curious here are all the national Russian / US holidays:

http://www.consulrussia.org/Protocol/holidays_engl.html

But let's face it. We live in America and shouldn't we celebrate and acknowledge US holidays? Or are we responsible for all the ones on the list I posted?

There should be no hard feelings if you were ignorant of a foreign holiday. We have our equivalent, mother's day I suppose, but it requires being a mom and not just a "woman" in general.

In Russia it is a big holiday. Anyone know why we don't have such a holiday here?

From my experience it seems March 8th is the most important day for Russian women (except maybe for their birthday.) If you overlook Valentine's Day it doesn't seem to be a huge big deal, but if you forget March 8th then look out!

Anyway it's all good because us guys get our day next week on the 14th! http://www.steakandbjday.com/ :thumbs::dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
From my experience it seems March 8th is the most important day for Russian women (except maybe for their birthday.) If you overlook Valentine's Day it doesn't seem to be a huge big deal, but if you forget March 8th then look out!

You clearly do not know my wife. All of them matter :) She has managed to forget about "Army Day" though. (Russian Men's day for those who don't know, it was last month.)

Kidding aside, Women's day was great this year. I suprised Галина with flowers in the morning, made dinner, and a few other things. Not really out of the ordinary, but it was a fun day. I skipped Russian class yesterday too, and we went to the beach.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Anyway it's all good because us guys get our day next week on the 14th! http://www.steakandbjday.com/ :thumbs::dance:

:whistle:

Edited by Karin und Otto

I guess I am the devil, I knew it was women's day but did nothing since I didn't really know what to do!

We did go to Social Security where we were informed Оля is authorized to work! :o

We talked at night and I said, I did not know what to do, she says flowers....anything...so after the talk I walked to the circle K across the street and bought a feather rose and a package of Resse's peanut butter cups!

That seemed to be enough for her! :)

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Mark, I can see your romantic nature was what won her heart. It is not the gift that counts, it is the thought and the feelings you two share. I hope you have dozens of happy Women's days ahead. I will remember that Reeses cup's seem to do the trick.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.