OnMyWayID

NIss Universe 2015

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

One of those things that would have passe3d by and I never would have known what happened but having a house full of Colombians glued to the TV watching Miss Universe they erupted in cheer when Colombia won for the second year in a row... The 2014 Miss Colombia ran out and hugged her, put the frown on her head, the flowers came out, someone handed her a flag and she was waving it and blowing kisses to the audience and then this happened..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqsEojeJISs

Oh! The rest of the night was talk of conspiracy theories of Donald Trump, Steve Harvey, and the new US military bases in the Philippines..

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The 2014 Miss Colombia ran out and hugged her, put the frown on her head, the flowers came out, someone handed her a flag and she was waving it and blowing kisses to the audience and then this happened..

hate it when that happens.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Apologies, I had to walk away for a minute and hit the post button without fixing all the typos (including the one in the title)

Miss Colombia does not speak English well so she was trying to figure out what was going on at first..

Timeline

Well at least they preserved Miss Columbia's dignity by not showing much of her face after the announcement. Poor thing.

Oh no they did... That was an edited version.

Timeline

Curious to see unedited

Nothing like having the most awkward moment on your life on camera in front of an estimated one billion people and enshrined on the internet for all time... "Sorry. we will be needing this back.. thaaaanks"

659c5ff9f80e4b7fa2c7652c610d74f8-780x518

I feel bad for Steve. One of my favorite entertainers. He has to feel very bad.

Also for the two ladies involved

He owned it, which we don't see much of these days. I give him kudos for that.

Timeline

He owned it, which we don't see much of these days. I give him kudos for that.

He was horrible last night.. A dozen times through the night he stared into the camera like they were headlights and he was in a trance.

When the big mistake was made at the end he had hundred ways he could have handled it and he choked and handled it about the worst way. First saying "I'll take control of this, I'll take the heat, don't blame the ladies" Well DUH! You had a card with the names right there and you read it wrong.. He acts like he is taking a bullet or something.. Look how he kept distance between him and Miss Colombia before he says "oops!" then Miss Philippines is left to figure out on her own if she should walk down where someone is currently being humiliated where she will just make it that much worse... what happens? they point the camera on her with the planet watching and all the handlers and host do nothing..

Once he read the wrong name and she was out there waving and celebrating he should have stopped everything and talked to her.. "I'm so sorry I've made a horrible mistake" then remove the crown, have her go back to the second place and then have Miss Philippines walks down and put the crown on.. Or better yet you were 2 minutes from leaving the air and the moment was already ruined for the winner. Wait for the cameras are off and make the correction and then come back and tell the world...

It is not all his fault.. there were numerous people running the show from the sidelines that should have rushed in when it was going bad even if just to take attention off the two women being humiliated.. Everyone just froze when things went south,

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

How awkward to be Miss Colombia standing there with the crown on not knowing what to do, then having it yanked off her head.

I must have missed the crown yanking, rather I saw a crown removal. :-)

Truth be told, the wifus and I were rooting for Miss Austrailyuh.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I feel bad for Steve. One of my favorite entertainers. He has to feel very bad.

Can you imagine the jokes on Conan O'Brien, SNL and other shows about his blunder.

It could in a round about way enhance his popularity as he could be on high demand to appear on more shows talking about his mammoth error.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12