LookyWhatIFound

December 2015 I-130 Filers

1,437 posts in this topic

Hello everyone I am a month ahead of you guys here my husband filed the I-130 nov 2 and we got our NOA1 hard copy November 4 we are waiting for NOA2 goodluck to us here

Hi, maryandcraig! I'm from the Philippines too! Good luck :)

NOTHING WORTH HAVING EVER COMES EASY

Spoiler

My husband's N-400 Application

July 7, 2015 - Mailed N-400

July 16, 2015 - Money order cashed

July 21, 2015 – NOA

Aug 13, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment

Aug 17, 2015 - In line for interview

Oct 5, 2015 - Interview letter received

Nov 9, 2015 - Interview date

Nov 25, 2015 - Oath Taking My husband is now a US citizen!

OUR I-130 JOURNEY:

Dec 7, 2015 - I-130 petition sent to Phoenix, AZ

Dec 9, 2015 - Petition delivered

Dec 11, 2015 - NOA1 notice date

Dec 18, 2015 - NOA1 hardcopy (Nebraska Service Center)

Jan 21, 2016 - NOA2 received via email [41 days from NOA1]

Jan 29, 2016 - NOA2 hardcopy received & online status changed to "Case was sent to the Dept. of State"

Feb 16, 2016 - Case number and IIN assigned

Removal of Conditions (I-751):

May 11, 2018 - Filed I-751

Jun 8, 2018 - NOA Date

Jun 12, 2018 - Check cashed

Jun 14, 2018 - NOA received in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thank you guys so so much for your nice wishes, I appreciate!!! I believe we help each other be positive and patient during this process (: it's really good to know you're not the only one who's suffering while waiting. We're all in this together. Just hold on guys! WE CAN DO IT :D

Timeline

I sent my I-130 to Phenoix and then my K-3 to here in Texas. I hope I'm right on that cause everything is so confusing to me that I makes my head hurt thinking about it.

Hello Ms.F.Brown, my husband filed I129F for K3 in November and it was sent to Texas too. But my 2 days ago my I130 was approved. I learnt later that it's very rare now that people get K3 visa :/ so I'm just saying you'd better expect I130 to be approved. Best wishes!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi,Ms.F.Brown welcome to did forum, I pray your journey goes smoothly.Amen. pls how did you include your K3 to your timeline, have been trying to update mine, no progress. Can u help me out with wat to do.tnxx

Timeline

When I went on the timeline section it states I-129F which the K-3. There is where you put your NOA receipt number. I hope that answers your question.

Hello Ms.F.Brown, my husband filed I129F for K3 in November and it was sent to Texas too. But my 2 days ago my I130 was approved. I learnt later that it's very rare now that people get K3 visa :/ so I'm just saying you'd better expect I130 to be approved. Best wishes!!!!

Timeline

When I went on the timeline section it states I-129F which the K-3. There is where you put your NOA receipt number. I hope that answers your question.

Edited by Ms.F.Brown

Timeline

Thank you so much for that information. Did you still have to wait the whole 5month processing period??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Alright, well, you both seem to disagree with what I've been told, so maybe she can come visit you. I can't say my wife has tried getting into the US again because the plane tickets are so expensive and we'd lose all of that money. So maybe your wife can come into the country for a bit. All I was trying to say was that if the border patrol looks up your wife on their records, they'll see her pending immigration and that could raise some red flags. She should probably have a good reason to return to Canada with evidence, like a lease on an apartment or something, and that would give her the best chance to be allowed in.

Still, I'll confess that I don't know what US-Canada border patrol is like, so maybe they're less harsh than the ones I ran into. It would be a good idea to do what Looky suggests and look around on VJ for more threads dealing with being allowed to visit and such.

-Reg

I've been married to my USC since April. I've probably crossed 30-35 times into the USA since then and I've never been turned away. Granted I'm in Canada and not overseas but they ask me a few questions and let me go. Never even had to prove ties to Canada. In fact, they bug me a lot less as soon as I say we filed the petition.

Edited by JlovesA

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

Hey everyone, I have a question to ask. I'm going to see my husband on the 7th of March in Jamaica. My passport still has my maiden name on it and I have not changed my name yet. Do y'all think I will run into it problems at the airport customs.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone, I have a question to ask. I'm going to see my husband on the 7th of March in Jamaica. My passport still has my maiden name on it and I have not changed my name yet. Do y'all think I will run into it problems at the airport customs.

As long as your airplane ticket has your maiden name as well, I can't see why it would be a problem. Not everybody changes their last name after marriage.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

As long as your airplane ticket has your maiden name as well, I can't see why it would be a problem. Not everybody changes their last name after marriage.

Ok great!! I was so worried that they would ask me so kind of crazy questions lol. Edited by Ms.F.Brown

What JlovesA said. No requirement to change your name, and makes no difference to the border guards. Just in case you have to tell them he's your husband, they might ask if you have return ticket and reason to return to US and such.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

What JlovesA said. No requirement to change your name, and makes no difference to the border guards. Just in case you have to tell them he's your husband, they might ask if you have return ticket and reason to return to US and such.

Ok that is so good to know. Cause I'm not changing my name right away ?. The custom forms we have to fill out will have my return flight info on there. But ppl that looks through our passports can be rather nosey at times

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I've been married to my USC since April. I've probably crossed 30-35 times into the USA since then and I've never been turned away. Granted I'm in Canada and not overseas but they ask me a few questions and let me go. Never even had to prove ties to Canada. In fact, they bug me a lot less as soon as I say we filed the petition.

thank you for that information

even my wife visited me once since we filed the petition

but this time the problem is that she wants to stay for 2 months

will that create an issue or will she not be allowed to enter the US

i will be buying her the tickets so was just wondering should i buy one side or return as well since sometimes the officer at the airport asks for the return ticket as well

USCIS:

FedEx overnight I-130: December 17, 2015
NOA1 hard copy received: January 1, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: April 24, 2016
-------------------------------------------------------
NVC:

Case and IIN Assigned: May 4, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261): May 4, 2016

AOS Fee paid: May 4, 2016

IV Fee Paid: May 6, 2016

DS-260 Completed: May 14 , 2016

Case Complete : June 8,2016

-------------------------------------------------------

EMBASSY:

Medical Completed : July 22, 2016 review link

Interview : July 28, 2016 APPROVED !!!! review link

Visa issued : July 29, 2016

Visa in hand : August 3, 2016

POE : August 4, 2016 Montreal, Canada

224 days start to finish :dancing:

SSC in hand : August 15 , 2016

Green card : January 14th , 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------

ROC

packet sent : May 5, 2018

package received : May 7, 2018

Timeline

Hey guys! I hope you're all doing well!

Well I can tell my husband is busy with working, so he can't search all the time. (I hope so) because when I tell him what I learn from this forum, he says I'm just overthinking and makes me crazy. So he received the mail saying our case was approved. And he told me that they will contact me? I don't remember if we put on the form my email address. Nor does he. And the mail says we should wait for a month to call or smth. He didn't show me the mail. So what should we do now. I don't know anything, and since he's "busy" he has no idea either. I sent him a link about NVC stage but he didn't even read I assume. I hope you guys can help me. I'm a bit afraid.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.