1,055 posts in this topic

Sandra: I'm still reading up from part 6 and saw your quote "Search for any psychologist with Ph.D, or any Neuropsychologist with Ph.D or a Psychopathologist or Mental Health Counselor".

Does this apply for emotional and psychological abuse as well? My insurance covers psychology visits. I'm not sure if to find the ones on google with VAWA stated on their websites. Does anyone know a good counselor in the Houston Area?

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Rebirth, when I looked for psychologist in my area, I found some on google that were familiar with Vawa cases and psychologist evaluation. But they told me when I called them that the insurance doesn't cover such reports, that I have to pay from my pocket. Make sure you ask them if those evaluations are covered by insurance.

Thanks Shazzka. I'll Blue Cross to find out if I need a doctor's referral for that.

Most psychologists in my network said that its difficult to get reimbursed for immigration purposes. I may have to pay out of pocket. Can I send in my application without it?

Justiceseeker you can apply for naturalization after March 2017. Here is the Early Filing Calculator.

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator

Thanks Sandra,

If I remarried now will the 3 years rule apply to me or the 5 years?

Q2:What I need to do now to prepare for my naturalization other than paying my taxes in order to be sure I am approved for naturalization?

Thanks Sandra.

I'm not familiar with the rules on this forum. What's the counselor's name in Houston? I would like to schedule for next week.

Is $5,500 a reasonable Attorney fee for VAWA petition + i-485? I've learned so much from Sandra and others reading part 6 than my attorney is willing to share (i ain't mad though. I understand business decisions like that).

How do i send private messages on here?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Rebitth the professional MUST have a license to be a psychologist.You do not have to find someone with Ph.D.but I notice the most psychologists do not know how to draft a psychological evaluation.Submitting your VAWA based in mental abuse without a psychological evaluation is not wise at all.

You don't need an attorney to file VAWA and I-485, but it's up to you.Most people here filed VAWA without hiring an attorney.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Hello,

things aren't going well with my husband. he even started to hurt me physically. i decided to move to my brother's and he suggested i file for the VAWA. I had to reschedule my interview because my husband refused to attend the interview. Now the local office wants me to explain why i missed the interview so they can give me another date. what should i do? I don't this I have enough time to apply for the vawa. I have until january 22 to answer.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sabine Valerie file VAWA asap and ask USCIS them to put on hold your I-485, submit proof that you filed VAWA, but usually asking to put the AOS on hold through letter does not work, but you do not have any other option tho.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.