Fahmi

Administration processing Cairo Egypt

69 posts in this topic

The us councilates respond to inquiries from senators or congressional leaders faster then us , that's why we ask for help from them even though they don't change anything

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

My case is stuck at AP around 5 months now after interview day. Co didn't ask for any additional papers. We alway email and called embassy . They replied same answer . Then me and my husband decided to go to embassy together . They asked us to do interview again then we did and they said they will contact us in 2 weeks . Now we are still waiting .... :(

My case is stuck at AP around 5 months now after interview day. Co didn't ask for any additional papers. We alway email and called embassy . They replied same answer . Then me and my husband decided to go to embassy together . They asked us to do interview again then we did and they said they will contact us in 2 weeks . Now we are still waiting .... :(

Which embessy is that ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Boiler:

Can you please be more specific. It seems you have knowledge about it. It's true than a congressional inquiry has done nothing in my case. but is a choice that we have when we are looking for answers. I Understand security is important, however it's unacceptable that in today's technology with so many hackers out there knowing more about our life than ourself. The government takes so much time to do an investigation. We have our life on hold because of this waiting. we are having days and nights without our love ones. life is passing and the most valuable thing that we have is time. We can not buy this wasted time back. and it's really painful when you don't have any answer or at least an estimated "real" waiting time.
So, please if you would like to share any information will be highly appreciated.

I have a friend who was stuck in AP 6 months, and it was definitely (not just maybe) her congressman who prompted the consulate to take their case out of total snooze mode and make a decision to either deny or approve, but to no longer just leave it sit there stagnating. Thank God the choice was to approve it.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2014-09-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-08 I-130

I-130 Appr5oved : 2015-02-22

NVC Received : 2015-03-09

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-03-20

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-03-28

Send AOS Package : 2015-04-28

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-25

Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-14

Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-22

Send IV Package : 2015-04-28

Scanned date: 2015-04-28

Check list : 2015-06-07

Check list scanned: 2015-06-10

Sent to Supervisor 49 days after scanned: 2015-07-28

Case Complete 7 days after it went to Supervisor: 2015-08-05

Interview Appointment Letter from NVC: 2015-13-10

Case shows as READY 2015-10-19

Medical done: 2015-16-11

Interview Date: 2015-11-18

APPROVED....GOD IS GREAT!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY! :goofy:

Case changed from "Ready" to "AP" on 19th, then to "Issued" on 22nd

Visa was ready for pick up November 3rd in the afternoon

VISA IN HAND! THANK YOU GOD!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hi Boiler:

Can you please be more specific. It seems you have knowledge about it. It's true than a congressional inquiry has done nothing in my case. but is a choice that we have when we are looking for answers. I Understand security is important, however it's unacceptable that in today's technology with so many hackers out there knowing more about our life than ourself. The government takes so much time to do an investigation. We have our life on hold because of this waiting. we are having days and nights without our love ones. life is passing and the most valuable thing that we have is time. We can not buy this wasted time back. and it's really painful when you don't have any answer or at least an estimated "real" waiting time.
So, please if you would like to share any information will be highly appreciated.

There is the AP for things like missing docs and there is the security AP, it is the latter we are talking about.

AP is a multi agency activity, there have been some long threads going into some detail what is involved, not sure anybody knows exactly what is involved.

Congressional inquiry, well it is basically an Intern asking for an update, useful if you do know hat is happening or have gone past normal processing times.

Those in AP invariably know they are in AP and there is no time limit.

Ohh I know lots of people who are not on line or just minimally. Plenty of examples of technology failing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I have a friend who was stuck in AP 6 months, and it was definitely (not just maybe) her congressman who prompted the consulate to take their case out of total snooze mode and make a decision to either deny or approve, but to no longer just leave it sit there stagnating. Thank God the choice was to approve it.

I think that senators or congressional representatives are not serous when they sent an emails to the us embessy abroad that's why they convince them by saying its a national security matter . They should tell them you have to choice deny or approve the case

Timeline

For us it will be 2 months on the 26th. It hasn't updated, so it seems nobody has touched it. I just want this to finish. Or at least know a date.

Timeline

@Fahmi,

I sent an email to the embassy today, do you know how long it takes for them to update?

I sent an email a couple of weeks ago and it never showed a change in updated date. Could ir be that I am not sending it to the right address?

Thank you,

My was updated when they recived emails fro senators and congressmen that's why . They have not done anything yet

@Fahmi,

I sent an email to the embassy today, do you know how long it takes for them to update?

I sent an email a couple of weeks ago and it never showed a change in updated date. Could ir be that I am not sending it to the right address?

Thank you,

They don't reply. The last email I emailed them was a month ago. They reply to my Congrsmen and they touch the case and replyied to them that it still under administrative processing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.