guitarjam

Warning: Visa Packet

9 posts in this topic

Received the Visa packet from 2GO today which was in a plastic pouch, inside the 2GO plastic pouch.

There is a warning not to open the visa packet or envelope, you many only open the plastic pouch to retrieve your passport.

Well the passport is on top of the envelope inside a plastic pouch, so I guess you have to slit open on the top and remove the passport. But what I don't understand is the left side of the envelope is cut?

We received two different visas and they were both the same, the left side of the yellow envelope is cut, but sealed in a plastic pouch, which has to be slit open on the top to remove the passport.

If they wanted this so secure why is the envelope not total sealed?

Mar 12, 2015 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila thru Embassy Outreach visit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

That is the way that the sealed envelopes are intended to be with a corner cut off.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Received the Visa packet from 2GO today which was in a plastic pouch, inside the 2GO plastic pouch.

There is a warning not to open the visa packet or envelope, you many only open the plastic pouch to retrieve your passport.

Well the passport is on top of the envelope inside a plastic pouch, so I guess you have to slit open on the top and remove the passport. But what I don't understand is the left side of the envelope is cut?

We received two different visas and they were both the same, the left side of the yellow envelope is cut, but sealed in a plastic pouch, which has to be slit open on the top to remove the passport.

If they wanted this so secure why is the envelope not total sealed?

That is how they sealed the visa packet. It's fine.. Just get your passport carefully in the plastic without any damage on the yellow one.

My Timeline: K1/Fiancée Visa

Date of my 129F filed/Sent: February 08, 2015
Date of my NOA1 Received: February 11,2015
Date of my NOA2 Received: March 18, 2015 / Decision: Approved! :dancing:

Date of NVC Received: April 10, 2015
Date of my Packet Received: April 21,2015
My Interview Date&Place: June 29, 2015 at Manila Embassy Philippines :idea:
/ Decision: APPROVED! :shocked: :dancing: :rofl:

VISA in hand: July 15,2015 :thumbs:
Date of my US Entry/POE: July 24,2015 at CHICAGO,IL :wow: :dancing:
Date of our MARRIAGE:September 11,2015 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :rofl:

---------------------------------
AOS PACKAGED FILED at Chicago,IL (Express mail) :idea:

AOS Date Filed/Sent: October 1, 2015
NOA1 Received: October 6, 2015
RFE: October 22,2015 (yellow paper:on the Household size forgot to fill out but was replied immediately)
Biometrics Date: October 30,2015/Code 3
Decision: WAITING.... :clock:

--------------------------------
EAD Date Filed/Sent:October 1, 2015
Date & Decision: 12/15/15 -APPROVED!!

Date Received: 12/19/15

--------------------------------
AP Date Filed/Sent:October 1, 2015
Date & Decision: 12/14/15- APPROVED!!

Date Received: 12/19/15

Okay great, and thanks! Just wanted to make sure, before getting to POE.

Last week received one Visa, and today my stepson's! Hurray!

Funny wife's Visa states expiration date is 6 months from issue date,

and has a stamp on the bio page attached to the envelope that states date is limited to medical expiration date.

But my stepson's Visa's expiration date is from the medical date.

Now just need to make appointments for CFO, and get the sticker's put in the passports correct?

Good to know one can get help when needed from this forum! :joy:

Mar 12, 2015 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila thru Embassy Outreach visit

Okay great, and thanks! Just wanted to make sure, before getting to POE.

Last week received one Visa, and today my stepson's! Hurray!

Funny wife's Visa states expiration date is 6 months from issue date,

and has a stamp on the bio page attached to the envelope that states date is limited to medical expiration date.

But my stepson's Visa's expiration date is from the medical date.

Now just need to make appointments for CFO, and get the sticker's put in the passports correct?

Good to know one can get help when needed from this forum! :joy:

CFO is next. It's by reservation and maybe booked two to three weeks out for Manila. If she can go to Cebu, the wait time is shorter. If time is crucial then getting the CFO out of the way prior to the interview allows you to go straight to CFO right after receiving the visa to have the sticker added. There you don't need an appointment.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Yes they need to make CFO appointments, the wife got a CFO certificate back 3yrs ago, but her Son needs one now, then after that they will request sticker's be put in their passports with the VISA's they just received.

Greenbaum;

What interview are you talking about?

Thanks All!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

GUITARJAM: I was wondering if you already scheduled your family for a CFO seminar. I was reading the required documents to bring for the seminar. One is a photocopy of the immigration data summary. I have an early post here to ask how it looks like. It was posted here that it is a white sheet attached to the envelope and cannot be opened. If it is attached to the envelope and we cannot open it, how are we able to bring a photocopy of it to the seminar? Please, enlighten me if you have any idea. Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

GUITARJAM: I was wondering if you already scheduled your family for a CFO seminar. I was reading the required documents to bring for the seminar. One is a photocopy of the immigration data summary. I have an early post here to ask how it looks like. It was posted here that it is a white sheet attached to the envelope and cannot be opened. If it is attached to the envelope and we cannot open it, how are we able to bring a photocopy of it to the seminar? Please, enlighten me if you have any idea. Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

My wife already has a CFO certificate from 2013 but we need one for her son, which will be 18 when he goes to CFO when they get back from a Cebu vacation in January.

Additional question about the CFO requirements started here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578324-cfo-immigrant-data-summary-for-usa-bound-emigrant/?p=7927884

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.