jayjensen

Fiancee never married but Embassy wants termination of marriage papers

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yep..but he even if he requested a new CENOMAR from the PSA..he would of received the same CENOMAR he received before because it was not fraudulent. I just wish it didn't take 10 - 14 days to get a response back, once I get that we can sstraighten this out. Once we know the reason why he thinks she got married..it should be fixed quicKly. I want to say my senator has be helpful in getting answers for me. Still takes then a week to get answer back but at least thru get answers.

That is what he needs to see. Once the CO has the CENOMAR directly from PSA he will know... ;) Then things can move on!

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ok..Visa changed to ready. Good news correct. Than received an email stating they need a cenomar, medical expired (doesn't til 12/15) and police nbi expired on 10/08/15.

What's going on? They just got her cenomar, she got her police nbi in April and I got a update from embassy saying her medical expires 12/15. I want to say my fiancee was approached by "a friend" who said she had a friend on the inside who wanted money to help us. We said no and I think some of our problems have been this person. We have gottens strange emails before. Any thoughts? Should I worry abt the email or go with the ready?

Ok..Visa changed to ready. Good news correct. Than received an email stating they need a cenomar, medical expired (doesn't til 12/15) and police nbi expired on 10/08/15.

What's going on? They just got her cenomar, she got her police nbi in April and I got a update from embassy saying her medical expires 12/15. I want to say my fiancee was approached by "a friend" who said she had a friend on the inside who wanted money to help us. We said no and I think some of our problems have been this person. We have gottens strange emails before. Any thoughts? Should I worry abt the email or go with the ready?

Timeline

I would ignore "that friend" like the plague, someone offering to "fix" things at the embassy is NOT a good thing.

Can you verify the email came from the embassy? (source code) It is very possible the embassy will be contacting you regarding the medical expiring, expect to have to complete that a 2nd time - then with only a 90 day validity to arrive in the USA.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

This is at bottom of emails:

rrespondence Team/agd | Immigrant Visa Branch | Embassy of the United States of America | Manila, Philippines | +(632) 301- 2000 | https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ (online case status) | http://manila.usembassy.gov/

Find us online at blogs.usembassy.gov/Philippines

Timeline

IVManilaReplies@state.gov

That's where the emails come from.

That is the correct email. I would reply asking if a new medical will be needed or if the visa will be issued very soon. With only roughly a week left, I would stay on top of this.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

This is the email I received after the Visa Status changed to ready. Why would they change the status to ready if they still needed about everything again. They had just got our CENOMAR from PSA, the medical expires on 12/15 (not 12/01) and we got the NBI early June of this year.Nothing makes sense.

We recieved the information available to us and determined that we still need a Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) issued by the Philippine National Statistics Office (PSA) for Ms. ********. We provided Ms. ******** the form which she must submit to the PSA Pasay City branch. The PSA will send the requested certificate directly to the Embassy. Please note that the PSA main office in Pasay is the only office authorized to process the CENOMAR for U.S. visa applications.

Our attempts to contact Ms. ********* by telephone (09*********) were unsuccessful. On December 02, we sent her a notification letter by email (********@yahoo.com) informing her of our determination on the case.

Please be aware that the applicants medical exam report from St. Lukes Extension Clinic expired on December 1, 2015, while her Philippine police (NBI) clearance expired on October 8, 2015. Immigrant visa applicants are required to update basic documentary requirements (i.e., medical exam report, NBI clearance, etc.) which may have expired prior to visa issuance.

Ms. ******* may proceed to the Embassys Immigrant Visa Unit Check-in Counter (Window 38) Monday through Thursday (excluding U.S. and Philippine holidays and first Wednesday of the month) between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon to claim her passport and present this at St. Lukes to have the required medical examination. Once she has completed the required medical exam, she should send her valid passport back to the U.S. Embassy (Attn: IV Processing Unit) via any branch of 2GO courier service.

We will resume processing the case once we receive the required documentation.

Timeline

This is the email I received after the Visa Status changed to ready. Why would they change the status to ready if they still needed about everything again. They had just got our CENOMAR from PSA, the medical expires on 12/15 (not 12/01) and we got the NBI early June of this year.Nothing makes sense.

"We reviewed the information

available to us and determined that we still need a Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) issued by the Philippine National Statistics Office (PSA) for Ms. ********. We provided Ms. ******** the form which she must submit to the PSA Pasay City branch. The PSA will send the requested certificate directly to the Embassy. Please note that the PSA main office in Pasay is the only office authorized to process the CENOMAR for U.S. visa applications.

Our attempts to contact Ms. ********* by telephone (09*********) were unsuccessful. On December 02, we sent her a notification letter by email (********@yahoo.com) informing her of our determination on the case.

Please be aware that the applicants medical exam report from St. Lukes Extension Clinic expired on December 1, 2015, while her Philippine police (NBI) clearance expired on October 8, 2015. Immigrant visa applicants are required to update basic documentary requirements (i.e., medical exam report, NBI clearance, etc.) which may have expired prior to visa issuance.

Ms. ******* may proceed to the Embassys Immigrant Visa Unit Check-in Counter (Window 38) Monday through Thursday (excluding U.S. and Philippine holidays and first Wednesday of the month) between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon to claim her passport and present this at St. Lukes to have the required medical examination. Once she has completed the required medical exam, she should send her valid passport back to the U.S. Embassy (Attn: IV Processing Unit) via any branch of 2GO courier service.

Timeline

We recieved the information available to us and determined that we still need a Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) issued by the Philippine National Statistics Office (PSA) for Ms. ********. We provided Ms. ******** the form which she must submit to the PSA Pasay City branch. The PSA will send the requested certificate directly to the Embassy. Please note that the PSA main office in Pasay is the only office authorized to process the CENOMAR for U.S. visa applications.

That looks to be very good news! Get the new NBI and the medical... after that I think it is time to pack the luggage... time to fly!!!

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The Embassy may want your fiancée to get a new medical because the old one really does expire on December 15, but it doesn't give her much, if any, time to use her visa, even assuming her visa was delivered in the next few days. The visa is valid for only six months from the date of the medical.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just wanted to add that I met Jay on this site. We filed I-129 same time (March) and found out we live near each other. I have never seen so many problems come from one embassy. He has made sure to send everything they have wanted and much more. From what I have seen the embassy has some bad apples working on the inside. I will be so happy to meet you both in person when she gets here. Hope before Christmas

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

Almost a month between getting pac 3 and sending it because we didn't plan to get married until early next year. Now we might just get married sooner :)

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Email from USEM stated the medial expired 1 December, 2015

Why do you think the Embassy moved the expiration date up?

Timeline

Why do you think the Embassy moved the expiration date up?

Not sure, found that weird myself. But as the saying goes - he with the gold makes the rules.... the embassy has the "gold".

He would never make it now anyway, even if the visa was issued tomorrow, it would still be 4-5 days before it was delivered.

Sucks. But if they had delivered the CENOMAR through 2GO earlier they would have avoided most of these delays

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Kind of reminds me of the fellow "James" we had a few months ago.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.