jayjensen

Fiancee never married but Embassy wants termination of marriage papers

64 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We have been struggling forever (4 plus months) trying to get our Fiancee Visa approved and released. Now we received an email from consul asking my fiancee to provide the Embassy a "Termination of Marriage" document proving that her Marriage to the father of her daughter she had in 1999 before they can continue to process our Visa, which would be not a problem except they were never married at any time.

For some reason, the Consul believes my fiancee and the father of her daughter were married on June 11, 2002..almost 3 years after her daughter was born. The only thing I can think of to make him believe they were married was my fiancee filed her daughters birth certificate around the same time as consul said the marriage took place and he made a mistake. The Birth Certificate names him as the Father of the baby but it also clearly states that the baby's parents were not married.

I did request the consul to email me any documents or information he has received that says a marriage ever took place or existed.

Any one have any thoughts or have heard of this happening before.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would think the CENOMAR would be evidence your fiancee is not married, or if she had been married PSA (NSO) would issue a CEMAR. Did your fiancee provide the CENOMAR from PSA during the interview?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hi Hank..been a while since I last spoke with you and still am trying to get our Fiancee Visa released and issued. We have been fighting this CENOMAR issue for the longest time now. Over the last 3 months we have provided the Embassy 3 different CENOMARS because each time we give them one, they say we need to submit another one because we sent it to the embassy on our own or they did not receive it. Every Cenomar we received from the PSA said there was no record found of my fiancee ever getting married and was given the CENONMAR each time she applied for one. Hoopefully they will email me whatever documents they have that gives them a reason to believe that document instead of the CENOMAR they were given. I guess all I can do is pray that they email back soon so I can resolve this issue.

If you think of anything that may help me, please let me know.

Jay

Timeline

Hi Hank..been a while since I last spoke with you and still am trying to get our Fiancee Visa released and issued. We have been fighting this CENOMAR issue for the longest time now. Over the last 3 months we have provided the Embassy 3 different CENOMARS because each time we give them one, they say we need to submit another one because we sent it to the embassy on our own or they did not receive it. Every Cenomar we received from the PSA said there was no record found of my fiancee ever getting married and was given the CENONMAR each time she applied for one. Hoopefully they will email me whatever documents they have that gives them a reason to believe that document instead of the CENOMAR they were given. I guess all I can do is pray that they email back soon so I can resolve this issue.

If you think of anything that may help me, please let me know.

Jay

PSA must send the CENOMAR to the embassy directly, you must bring a copy of the email/letter (221g) from the embassy that initially requested the CENOMAR to PSA and they deliver the CENOMAR directly. You can not send the CENOMAR directly to the embassy, everything regarding delivery must be done between PSA and the embassy, you only request the CENOMAR and pay for it. Document fraud is why the Philippines is listed as a high fraud country.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Yes, the CENOMAR must go directly from the PSA to the Embassy.

I hope your consular officer is reading this thread because I have a message for him/her:

Quit torturing these folks. They have waited long enough. You can order a CENOMAR, so get off of your lazy butt and do it!

Timeline

Sadly enough..I am getting really good at ordering CENOMARS..have gotten 4 of them in last 6 months. You are so right about torturing us..you do not know how many times in the last 5 months we thought we were a few days away from getting our Visa released to only find out we weren't and has always been something with the CENOMAR..Her first name spelled wrong, sent the wrong way, PSA tracking number said it was delivered to the Embassy but lost. What was really hard this time was my fiancee received a text lastw week from Cconsul telling her that everything was ok with the CENOMAR and our case would be updated soon..and get an email telling us we need to send in a Termination of Marriage for a marriage that never happened

Have you actually seen your fiancee's CENOMAR?

I ask this because I know someone whose fiancée claimed she was never married. It turned out that she had married a Filipino guy, but found out that the Filipino guy was previously married and he was never divorced nor annulled. The fiancée assumed that her marriage to the Filipino guy was not valid. Of course, her CENOMAR showed that she was married, and the consular officer did not accept her explanation about the circumstances of her marriage. She could not produce a divorce decree nor an annulment, so her visa was denied.

Just saying...

Timeline

Yep..have actually seen 2 of them. She took pictures of each CENOMAR and the PSA receipt that she recieved before she sent to the Embassy and sent the pix to me to put in our file. Very good thought though and I appreciate you trying to help me figure this out. I wish the Embassy would not always wait until Thursday or Friday every time they tell us they need something from us..makes for a long stressful and sleepless weekend thinking of questions you want to ask and waiting to get answers or an explanation to your questions. They have done this 3 times before, so I

know the routine. I sent the embassy an email last Thursday and I know I won't get a response from them at the soonest a week from next Monday, if I get lucky small chance by next Friday.

Our medical expires on December 20th of this year on top of everything else. I hate the thought of my fiancee having to go through all that again..plus it reminds me we are back to where we were 6 months ago.

If anyone else has any thoughts or ideas that may help..I will take them

Timeline

Yep..have actually seen 2 of them. She took pictures of each CENOMAR and the PSA receipt that she recieved before she sent to the Embassy and sent the pix to me to put in our file. Very good thought though and I appreciate you trying to help me figure this out. I wish the Embassy would not always wait until Thursday or Friday every time they tell us they need something from us..makes for a long stressful and sleepless weekend thinking of questions you want to ask and waiting to get answers or an explanation to your questions. They have done this 3 times before, so I

know the routine. I sent the embassy an email last Thursday and I know I won't get a response from them at the soonest a week from next Monday, if I get lucky small chance by next Friday.

Our medical expires on December 20th of this year on top of everything else. I hate the thought of my fiancee having to go through all that again..plus it reminds me we are back to where we were 6 months ago.

If anyone else has any thoughts or ideas that may help..I will take them

And there is the problem.. SHE sent the CENOMAR. The CENOMAR must not be sent by your fiancee, she pays for it, PSA gets it over to the embassy, must bring a copy of the 221g email to PSA to be included when sending to the embassy.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Sorry, I should of said I saw the two she sent to the Embassy herself before we were finally told after month of waiting that the CENOMARS are only accepted when sent directly to Embassy from the PSA, which we did do about 3 weeks ago. I assume that the one the PSA sent would be the same as the other 3 they had given us before.

Because it has been three weeks since the PSA sent the CENOMAR directly to the Embassy, I would expect some action on your case shortly.

Another email to the Embassy with the reminder that her medical is about to expire wouldn't hurt.

Timeline

Consul made that request after he received the CENOMAR..and we have a copy of the same CENOMAR that the Embassy received, so unless the PSA sent a amended CENOMAR later that shows that she was married on June 26th 2002, nothing is going to change unless we figure out why consul overrode the CENOMAR and we fix it. We can't do anything until consul tells us what he saw or why he thinks that.

I sent email last week to Embassy about expiring medical and called Embassy last night. They escalated our case but that doesn't mean anything. It's all up to speed of Consul.

It's just sad that this is such a nightmare and mess. Just to think we planned on spending last 4th of July together. Now we will miss Christmas.

Timeline

The CO could have thought the document is not from PSA (ie fraudlent), which is why he requested an new CENOMAR. And when your fiancee kept sending the CENOMAR to the embassy instead of PSA that raised even more red flags.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yep..but he even if he requested a new CENOMAR from the PSA..he would of received the same CENOMAR he received before because it was not fraudulent. I just wish it didn't take 10 - 14 days to get a response back, once I get that we can sstraighten this out. Once we know the reason why he thinks she got married..it should be fixed quicKly. I want to say my senator has be helpful in getting answers for me. Still takes then a week to get answer back but at least thru get answers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.