C&I

December 2015 filers

252 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty glad because i'm seeing a lot of approvals (EAD)... My daughter got her approval last Feb 29 and today we received the official letter, my only concern is, Today at 6.35pm received a text that my I-485 and I-130 were approved... (This is an AOS for my daughter who is a minor) I'm wondering if is something wrong because we thought the next step was the interview....

Do they interview minors? Or not.... I don't know if I should be happy or not hahahaha just wanted to make sure this is real before telling her something.

What do you guys think?

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty glad because i'm seeing a lot of approvals (EAD)... My daughter got her approval last Feb 29 and today we received the official letter, my only concern is, Today at 6.35pm received a text that my I-485 and I-130 were approved... (This is an AOS for my daughter who is a minor) I'm wondering if is something wrong because we thought the next step was the interview....

Do they interview minors? Or not.... I don't know if I should be happy or not hahahaha just wanted to make sure this is real before telling her something.

What do you guys think?

Congrats!!

You're all done. Whenever you get the EAD you can either shred it or keep it as a souvenir, since her AOS got approved.

They generally waive interviews minors or parents.. A majority of all interviews are spouses adjusting from non K1 visas.

If she doesn't have her SSN yet, wait until the physical green card comes in so you save a trip to the office. This way the SSN will not have the valid for work only with DHS authorization written on it.

- Removal of Conditions Timeline -

07/31/17 - Mailed I-751 package to California Service Center

08/01/17 - Package delivered to CSC

08/05/17 - NOA1 received by US mail

08/10/18 - Rec'd new NOA1 with 18 month extension instead of 12 months

10/15/18 - Case transferred to Nebraska

12/26/18 - ROC Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

My ead was approved today. I guess that means that they granted my expedition request? Anyway, really happy to be able to start job hunting. I hope everyone is having a great day!! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Received my EAD/AP today in the mail !! SO HAPPY!!!

good luck to everyone!

12.15.2015 - Sent AOS pkg for spouse +2 kids to USCIS Chicago

12.17.2015 - Pkg received

12.22.2015 - Checks Cashed

12.24.2015 - 10 NOA texts and emails received

12.27.2015 - 10 NOA hard copies recieved via mail

01.26.2016 - Biometrics Appointment - FINALLY !!

02.10.2016 - Ready for I-485 Interview appointments

03-03-2016 - EAD approved- day 75

03-07-2016 - EAD/AP received in mail

12-28-2016 - Notice for interview

02-01-2017- Interview date

02--6-2017- Cards received by registered mail !!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Switzerland
Timeline

My ead was approved today. I guess that means that they granted my expedition request? Anyway, really happy to be able to start job hunting. I hope everyone is having a great day!! :)

Great :dancing:

Let us know how the job search goes

12.03.2015 - Sent AOS package to USCIS Chicago

12.06.2015 - Package delivered

12.14.2015 - Text received from USCIS; case received

12.17.2015 - NOAs received on my birthday! :)

01.07.2016 - Appointment for biometrics

01.11.2016 - Form I-485 ready to be scheduled for interview

02.17.2016 - EAD/AP approved

02.24.2016 - EAD/AP arrived today

03.18.2016 - Notice for interview scheduled April 20, 2016

04.20.2016 - Green Card Interview

04.26.2016 - Green Card received

End of this journey!

01.2018 - Sent I-751 - 10-year Green Card package

04.25.2019 - I-751 approved 

#prayingformyGC

Timeline

Received my EAD/AP today in the mail !! SO HAPPY!!!

good luck to everyone!

Great! I see that the process moves quite fast for everybody, it's fantastic!

Now lets' wait for the interview....

Let us know how your job hunting goes

End of this journey!

#prayingformyGC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello people

i checked my EAD status today and it says

New Card Is Being Produced

On March 8, 2016, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC1690xxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

did they approve my work permit ?

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello people

i checked my EAD status today and it says

New Card Is Being Produced

On March 8, 2016, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC1690xxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

did they approve my work permit ?

Hello, yes that means they approved your EAD. Once it is mailed to you, your online status for the EAD will say something along the lines of when it was mailed along with a tracking number. It will come to you via usps insured since it contains vital information.

Edited by Bugg

Timeline

Hello, yes that means they approved your EAD. Once it is mailed to you, your online status for the EAD will say something along the lines of when it was mailed along with a tracking number. It will come to you via usps insured since it contains vital information.

thank u for your answer

event.png

Timeline

I am told by my local social security office that it may take 30 days to receive my social security card. How long is it taking for you all?

I was so ready to work, but in my state you have to have your social, DL and two photo ID's in order to get a job. :(

Timeline

I am told by my local social security office that it may take 30 days to receive my social security card. How long is it taking for you all?

I was so ready to work, but in my state you have to have your social, DL and two photo ID's in order to get a job. :(

they told me 2 weeks but i got it in 3 business days

event.png

Timeline

Hi,

I received my social security card after 5 days. They say it takes between 7 to 10 days.

Did you already find a job? You can't start if you don't have a DL?

End of this journey!

#prayingformyGC

Timeline

Hi,

I received my social security card after 5 days. They say it takes between 7 to 10 days.

Did you already find a job? You can't start if you don't have a DL?

I have several leads, but can't start now since I don't have the requirements of this state: social security, DL, state ID. It's a heavy requirement in Texas. :/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why do you need a DL and state ID.....From what I've read it's one or the other.....What are your thoughts?

12.15.2015 - Sent AOS pkg for spouse +2 kids to USCIS Chicago

12.17.2015 - Pkg received

12.22.2015 - Checks Cashed

12.24.2015 - 10 NOA texts and emails received

12.27.2015 - 10 NOA hard copies recieved via mail

01.26.2016 - Biometrics Appointment - FINALLY !!

02.10.2016 - Ready for I-485 Interview appointments

03-03-2016 - EAD approved- day 75

03-07-2016 - EAD/AP received in mail

12-28-2016 - Notice for interview

02-01-2017- Interview date

02--6-2017- Cards received by registered mail !!!

Timeline

Why do you need a DL and state ID.....From what I've read it's one or the other.....What are your thoughts?

Tucker8439-

I can't change the corporate policies of some corporations. One must either follow their credentials or seek a job elsewhere. State ID is only $25. Doesn't hurt to have. My husband was born here and has one because gets asked for two ID'S as well. It's security process that major corporations go through, financial institutions, government agencies, just to name a few.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.