Amhara

December 2015 AOS filer status

1,701 posts in this topic

My GC was mailed Friday. Had a tracking number. USPS says it was delivered yesterday at 7pm but it wasn't. Pretty upset. Hope the guy was just lazy yesterday and confirmed all his delivery last night thinking he would finish it today. Hopefully I'll get it later today. It's still a little nerve racking......

Did you ever get your I-551 in your hands??

Signature coming soon...

We received my husband's SSN and his NOA2 for the GC last night and this morning his case was updated to "card mailed". It was great until I noticed one detail...the NOA2 name is the name on the original application. So although we had sent two separate letters asking for the name correction, included copies of the NOA1s, and had received a letter regarding the biometrics appointment in his old legal name, we STILL may have old name change nightmares coming back to haunt us! Well, we should know by next week. If that does happen, I hope we can file the I-90 and get it correct at no cost. Oy vey!!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Definitely file a service request, perhaps even schedule an InfoPass appointment at your local office too?

With regards to your church wedding, if things aren't looking up in the next couple of weeks it might be worth filing the I-131 Advanced Parole which would allow your wife to travel prior to receiving her green card. I don't know what the fee is for applying for this separately, but if you want the security of knowing that she will definitely be able to travel when you start planning your wedding it might be worth it.

It's all very mysterious.

We called yesterday for a Service Request and found out that they are processing August for AOS in Los Angeles....bummer....

They still sent out the Service Request about the Biometrics, hopefully to hear about it soon.

I cannot believe how backlog the system is...if that is the case hopefully we can get an Interview Waiver..crossing fingers...

On the good side her EAD Card was mailed out and once recevied SSS, CA ID and Drivers permit...

If you have applied for AOS you don't need to pay for AP even if you file separately, you just need to note on the form that there's a linked I-485. I filed for AP separately and didn't get charged at all

We are definitely applying for I-131 and USCIS Customer service did confirm that it will be free since we submitted AOS.

Happy Easter Guys !!

GC in the mail as of today! So exited! I can finally renew my passport for traveling home this Christmas :)

I hope our December group keeps getting more good news, seems like we're on a roll. Enjoy the Easter weekend everyone :dance:

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Ready for this.... USPS says our GC was out for delivery today... I get a text update from them saying its back at the Post Office...what the hell!! Why would they take it back to the Post office!? Now we have to wait until Monday.... ugh!

Ready for this.... USPS says our GC was out for delivery today... I get a text update from them saying its back at the Post Office...what the hell!! Why would they take it back to the Post office!? Now we have to wait until Monday.... ugh!

Dang it!! Why did they do that?? Try to get there early in the morning in case they try to send it back to the service center! What a freaking headache!!

Ours came today. In fact, we saw the mailman in the neighborhood as we left for an outing and I was joking that we should ask him for it! It's in the wrong name, though. The middle name is his new last name, so we will see what kind of problems we face. Once we change his TX DL and his SSA card, we will explore the Form I-90 world - at least a six month wait from what I have seen!

But either way, our ROC date will be March 21, 2018 and citizenship sprint will be March 21, 2019. Hopefully we will meet you guys again on the December 2017 ROC filer thread!!! What will life look like then?

Signature coming soon...

Dang it!! Why did they do that?? Try to get there early in the morning in case they try to send it back to the service center! What a freaking headache!!

Ours came today. In fact, we saw the mailman in the neighborhood as we left for an outing and I was joking that we should ask him for it! It's in the wrong name, though. The middle name is his new last name, so we will see what kind of problems we face. Once we change his TX DL and his SSA card, we will explore the Form I-90 world - at least a six month wait from what I have seen!

But either way, our ROC date will be March 21, 2018 and citizenship sprint will be March 21, 2019. Hopefully we will meet you guys again on the December 2017 ROC filer thread!!! What will life look like then?

No clue! I assume they wanted us to sign for it? We updated our tracking info to say leave at the door without signing for Monday's post. I'm sure they'll just leave it then regardless I would think. I wouldn't think they would return it to sender with a clear legible address on it.

No clue! I assume they wanted us to sign for it? We updated our tracking info to say leave at the door without signing for Monday's post. I'm sure they'll just leave it then regardless I would think. I wouldn't think they would return it to sender with a clear legible address on it.

No, you shouldn't have to sign for it. We didn't and it comes priority express. Shoot! Let us know if you were able to get it Monday. At least it's coming, though. Waiting for the GC can be a long road, I just hope yours ends Monday!!

Signature coming soon...

No, you shouldn't have to sign for it. We didn't and it comes priority express. Shoot! Let us know if you were able to get it Monday. At least it's coming, though. Waiting for the GC can be a long road, I just hope yours ends Monday!!

It said it was out for delivery today and then went back to post office... so strange... so we know its at least in our town! lol

Congrats! Looks like we've got a similar timeline too. ROC as well as Citizenship thread buddies I imagine.

But good luck with the I-90. That's rough. I thought I've had it bad with just having my last name hyphenated but your guys' name change issue must be an even bigger headache. All I can say is patience, even though I've given people my EAD with the correct name they somehow still manage to miss the hyphen, but I'm on it the second it's incorrect making them change it. It's simple really, just copying but they still mess it up first time ha...

Anyway, good luck with it.

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Good morning VJers! My EAD/AP arrived over the weekend along with my appointment letter for my GC interview next month. I have a meeting with my new employers on the 6th to fine tune the details of my employment and give them my EAD as eligibility to work so I'm spending this next week making sure I have all the documents for the interview in line so I don't have to worry about that AND starting a new job/career in the US!

My question is about my SSN - do I update that now I have my EAD? Or after I receive my GC (assuming I'm approved on the 25th!)? I just want the wording beneath the number removed and I'm not sure at which stage I'm supposed to do that.

Also - to those who have had their GC interview already. The letter asks me to bring "Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application." What does this mean exactly? Do I basically have to replicate my AOS packet and bring that too? This whole thing seems like such a huge waste of paper!!

K1 Journey - 5 months and 1 day

AOS Journey - 4 months 4 days

ROC Filed - Jan 30 2018

ROC Delivered - Feb 1 2018

NOA date - Feb 7 2018

Conditional Green Card expires April 26 2018.

Good morning VJers! My EAD/AP arrived over the weekend along with my appointment letter for my GC interview next month. I have a meeting with my new employers on the 6th to fine tune the details of my employment and give them my EAD as eligibility to work so I'm spending this next week making sure I have all the documents for the interview in line so I don't have to worry about that AND starting a new job/career in the US!

My question is about my SSN - do I update that now I have my EAD? Or after I receive my GC (assuming I'm approved on the 25th!)? I just want the wording beneath the number removed and I'm not sure at which stage I'm supposed to do that.

Also - to those who have had their GC interview already. The letter asks me to bring "Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application." What does this mean exactly? Do I basically have to replicate my AOS packet and bring that too? This whole thing seems like such a huge waste of paper!!

From what I understand, you need to let the SSA know that you are authorized to work now. You will get an "work authorized by DHS only" card.? Then when you get your GC, you can get the "regular" unrestricted SSA card. Technically, you only need to provide the EAD to prove work authorization according to the Form I-9 instructions.

Great to hear about the GC's coming! Looks like things keep rolling for us December filers!

Signature coming soon...

I received my approval notice for the greencard today!!! It was a surprise, because I haven't checked my status in a while, they must have worked on it right after I last checked (coping mechanism left over from waiting for approval of I-129f for 10 months), and now the status says "card was mailed on March 28". No interview of anything.

This is all really great, especially since we are planning on travelling in June and I had to send my EAD back because of a typo (missing hyphen). After multiple service requests spelling my name correctly, the approval notice is again missing the hyphen. Such a pain. If the card is missing it too, I will take it to an infopass appointment to ask if it is a big deal. If I had known how hard it is to put a hyphen in a name I would have just kept mine to start with!

Good luck to those of you still waiting!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.