dwheels76

January 2016 Interviews

1,049 posts in this topic

We're at 6:15 am as well. Hopefully they let us straight through! :)

Did you use a household member's income along with your husband's on your I-864? I think we mistakenly put "2" for the household size when it should've been "3" but I'm still not 100% sure if that's what happened... This checklist is making me nervous!

We have a joint sponsor who is my husband's father. His dad filed for I-864A and we put in the number of household on his I-864 form only 2. My husband and I. I think it should be 3 since my husband currently resides with his father.

We have same interview date and time! i plan to get my medical on Dec 28-29. What about you? :)

Edited by hyommysone

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My interview date is Jan. 21-2016. I checked case status on ceac and it still shows at NVC. Should it be ready or transit status by now?

Nope. Probably will ship out in a week or 2. Your interview still is over a month away. So it will stay at NVC.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

OMG! OMG! I'm so happy right now!!! I didn't think it would be possible, but guess I got really lucky!!!

Yesterday, I sent an email to the embassy, requesting a reschedule of my interview to an earlier date! I just told them that this distance between my husband and I has been taking its toll on us and that I really miss him. Also, that I'm eager to start a normal life, as husband and wife!

They called me today!!! They re-scheduled my interview for the 28th of December!!! The lady was so nice :D She asked me why I want to do my interview earlier, do I have already my flight tickets or something? And I told her it's not that, i wouldn't risk paying thousands of euros before having my visa in hand. The only reason is that I really miss my husband and I want to be with him as soon as possible. And she giggled and told me okay, we'll reschedule you for December 28th, at 1 PM.

I'm so happy!!! I can't wait for hubby to wake up so I can give him the news! (He doesn't know about the email that I sent).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OMG! OMG! I'm so happy right now!!! I didn't think it would be possible, but guess I got really lucky!!!

Yesterday, I sent an email to the embassy, requesting a reschedule of my interview to an earlier date! I just told them that this distance between my husband and I has been taking its toll on us and that I really miss him. Also, that I'm eager to start a normal life, as husband and wife!

They called me today!!! They re-scheduled my interview for the 28th of December!!! The lady was so nice :D She asked me why I want to do my interview earlier, do I have already my flight tickets or something? And I told her it's not that, i wouldn't risk paying thousands of euros before having my visa in hand. The only reason is that I really miss my husband and I want to be with him as soon as possible. And she giggled and told me okay, we'll reschedule you for December 28th, at 1 PM.

I'm so happy!!! I can't wait for hubby to wake up so I can give him the news! (He doesn't know about the email that I sent).

Oh wow, that is incredible. So you will get an expedite lol.

I can only imagine how happy you are. I am happy for you.

It is good to hear positive news with this process. May your diligence pay off when you go to your interview.

Filed: Timeline

He only needs to bring his original documents and not like your birth certificate or anything. He'll get an email from the embassy before his interview stating what he needs to bring, I guess that's after the CO has reviewed your file because my email was very specific to our case and the proof we had already sent in.

Your Naturalization certificate isn't necessary. Divorce decree. Any copy sent to USCIS or NVC you need original at interview.

Thank You

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Oh wow, that is incredible. So you will get an expedite lol.

I can only imagine how happy you are. I am happy for you.

It is good to hear positive news with this process. May your diligence pay off when you go to your interview.

Thank you Shams!!! I hope everything goes fine at the interview!

How are you guys? Any news from your embassy about the AP?

Timeline

Thank you Shams!!! I hope everything goes fine at the interview!

How are you guys? Any news from your embassy about the AP?

It is good to hear of others experiences which may provide things to watch out for.

We are trying to keep up, this AP stuff caught us off guard. They updated our case yesterday, so that has been 3 updates. I contacted the NVC and learned that the document they received on November 23 was being reviewed only since December 7. I finally e-mailed them yesterday. Doesn't seem they have responded to the senator's e-mail from last Friday. They have responded to my wife's email within a day.

I think they gave some misleading information and there is something a bit strange going on but not able to definitively say so. I hope there is no identity theft or anything like that coming up.

We are hoping for a resolution soon.

Edited by CallMeShams

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I thank God for all he has done. Grateful that all the visa journey is finally over. Compliment of the season to everyone. Had my interview today and it was awesome. The consular was friendly and we conversed and laughed like this was so unbelievable. She didn't go through any documents I brought and that was the most thrilling part. My questions were like a conversation than a question. All thanks to God. I was asked the ffg;

So your husband is calling u?

How did u met?

For how long have you known him?

When did you become romantically involved?

So was it the first time he visited you got married?

Where does he live? So when I said Michigan she asked me what my husband told me abt Michigan with a smile? And I said he said it was very cold she yes. That her parents lives in Michigan that I should get enough winter wears for this season and I laughed that my husband had bought many for me. We bought laughed.

Finally she asked me what I do? And I told her a physical therapist but am presently not working because my dad passed away recently so she sounded sympathetic she was sorry to hear that. And she said oh, we need a physical therapist in the US cuz it high skilled and she told me she had a friend who is a physical therapist and I smiled.

She smiled and said ok your Visa has been APPROVED and gave me two papers where to pick my visa and how to pay for the green card. So glad God saw us to the end. I pray everyone here is approved like I was. No1 deserves to be apart from their spouses. Season greeting ya all.

Timeline

I thank God for all he has done. Grateful that all the visa journey is finally over. Compliment of the season to everyone. Had my interview today and it was awesome. The consular was friendly and we conversed and laughed like this was so unbelievable. She didn't go through any documents I brought and that was the most thrilling part. My questions were like a conversation than a question. All thanks to God. I was asked the ffg; So your husband is calling u? How did u met? For how long have you known him? When did you become romantically involved? So was it the first time he visited you got married? Where does he live? So when I said Michigan she asked me what my husband told me abt Michigan with a smile? And I said he said it was very cold she yes. That her parents lives in Michigan that I should get enough winter wears for this season and I laughed that my husband had bought many for me. We bought laughed. Finally she asked me what I do? And I told her a physical therapist but am presently not working because my dad passed away recently so she sounded sympathetic she was sorry to hear that. And she said oh, we need a physical therapist in the US cuz it high skilled and she told me she had a friend who is a physical therapist and I smiled. She smiled and said ok your Visa has been APPROVED and gave me two papers where to pick my visa and how to pay for the green card. So glad God saw us to the end. I pray everyone here is approved like I was. No1 deserves to be apart from their spouses. Season greeting ya all.

Congratulations. It is good to hear that your journey is finally over.

That sounds like a very nice experience with the interview. There didn't seem to be any doubts about the genuineness of your marriage. May you both continue to find joy in that sacred union.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks CallMeShams. Amen. I looked at your timeline and I pray your administrative review will be over soonest so you can be together with your spouse

We have a joint sponsor who is my husband's father. His dad filed for I-864A and we put in the number of household on his I-864 form only 2. My husband and I. I think it should be 3 since my husband currently resides with his father.

We have same interview date and time! i plan to get my medical on Dec 28-29. What about you? :)

Hi. :idea: I've just booked my tickets and hotel to do the medical on Dec 28 and 29. It would be nice to see you there.

USCIS

July 28, 2015: File I-130
July 30, 2015: NOA 1

August 31, 2015: NOA 2

NVC

September 18, 2015: Case was received by NVC

September 29, 2015: Case number and invoice ID number assigned

October 5, 2015: Filled out DS-261

: Paid AOS bill

October 28, 2015: Received and paid IV bill

November 2, 2015: sent AOS and IV packets

November 3, 2015: completed DS-260

: Scan date

December 8, 2015: Case complete

December 28, 2015: Medical

January 20, 2016: Interview

: received 221g

January 26, 2016: US embassy received documents

February 3, 2016: Status changed to "issued"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Oh yes? ! I too he had planned for January 14, 2016, and December 22, 2015 to reprogram ..... I'm glad also ..... Congratulations to you

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow... Congrats!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I thank God for all he has done. Grateful that all the visa journey is finally over. Compliment of the season to everyone. Had my interview today and it was awesome. The consular was friendly and we conversed and laughed like this was so unbelievable. She didn't go through any documents I brought and that was the most thrilling part. My questions were like a conversation than a question. All thanks to God. I was asked the ffg;So your husband is calling u?How did u met?For how long have you known him?When did you become romantically involved?So was it the first time he visited you got married?Where does he live? So when I said Michigan she asked me what my husband told me abt Michigan with a smile? And I said he said it was very cold she yes. That her parents lives in Michigan that I should get enough winter wears for this season and I laughed that my husband had bought many for me. We bought laughed.Finally she asked me what I do? And I told her a physical therapist but am presently not working because my dad passed away recently so she sounded sympathetic she was sorry to hear that. And she said oh, we need a physical therapist in the US cuz it high skilled and she told me she had a friend who is a physical therapist and I smiled. She smiled and said ok your Visa has been APPROVED and gave me two papers where to pick my visa and how to pay for the green card. So glad God saw us to the end. I pray everyone here is approved like I was. No1 deserves to be apart from their spouses. Season greeting ya all.

Congrats!

Hi. :idea: I've just booked my tickets and hotel to do the medical on Dec 28 and 29. It would be nice to see you there.

I booked a hotel too at Casa bocobo :) hope to see you at the medical!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.