BKN

December 2015 I-129F Filers [edited title]

1,886 posts in this topic

yaholodna, on 11 Mar 2016 - 4:44 PM, said:

Ok, i have a problem now. Today i received letter with all financial documents from my fiance. Recently my street has changed the name. In each paper as well as in my ds160 i put my old adress ( because we haven't changed that name as well as my neighbors still - to much of paperwork), but John my fiance wrote in I-134 new name of the street. Im nervous about that. Do we need change it there or it can be like that and to add there a letter of explaination, that it's new name, but in my passport still old one, neither building number or flat hasn't changed. ?!?! Because I've interview soon...disappoint :(

Please help with advice

Be sure to verify the "best" address to use for deliver of your passport. It's not a big issue because the post office knows the "old" and the "new" address so your safe. Go to this website and change whatever you want.

https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

With Thailand embassy I was able to do both of my packet 3 and 4 without waiting for it to come from the us embassy with the help of my attorneys . You might want to check forums from your country to find

a better a answer

Thanks I think the embassy is just backlogged because other vj members have been waiting since December!

Edited by meemee1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

USEM (Manila) has not asked for the I-134 on a regular basis for the past 8 months. In fact it's written in the Embassy letter that it "maybe useful" not required. Still, having it saved you from a RFE if asked.

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge

or burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form may be

useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioners ability to be financially responsible for you. You

may also be asked to submit your petitioners most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and

wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to

substantiate the I-134. Download Form I-134 at http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/feb2015/K1-K2%20Applicant%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_February%202015_.pdf

Thank you for the information. So far I'm not getting any response from the embassy asking for I-134. I know it's weird that they didn't asked the form during my interview but I hope it wont stop my visa to get issued. I have another dilemma here, I tried to set an appt for my CFO seminar in manila but there's no available slot anymore until march 31. My flight would be on that day 31. So I had no choice and I set an appt in CFO Cebu on the 30, the only slot they have before my departure. Wouldn't be an issue for the Cebu branch? I am from Manila. Edited by Matt&Jenny

Matt&Jenny, on 13 Mar 2016 - 7:40 PM, said:Matt&Jenny, on 13 Mar 2016 - 7:40 PM, said:

Thank you for the information. So far I'm not getting any response from the embassy asking for I-134. I know it's weird that they didn't asked the form during my interview but I hope it wont stop my visa to get issued. I have another dilemma here, I tried to set an appt for my CFO seminar in manila but there's no available slot anymore until march 31. My flight would be on that day 31. So I had no choice and I set an appt in CFO Cebu on the 30, the only slot they have before my departure. Wouldn't be an issue for the Cebu branch? I am from Manila.

Yup, USEM hasn't been asking for I-134 for about 8 months now. But, we always recommend that you have the necessary documents in the event you are asked. The Embassy Letter for USEM still states that it may be asked for so have it completed. That's one of the "gotchas" from my website.

This is why my website recommends that you do not buy tickets till you have CFO completed and your visa in your hands - another "gotcha". But, to answer your question, Cebu is fine no problem. That would have been the alternative I would have suggested if Manila was full.

Sorry for your delay. Good luck.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Yup, USEM hasn't been asking for I-134 for about 8 months now. But, we always recommend that you have the necessary documents in the event you are asked. The Embassy Letter for USEM still states that it may be asked for so have it completed. That's one of the "gotchas" from my website.

This is why my website recommends that you do not buy tickets till you have CFO completed and your visa in your hands - another "gotcha". But, to answer your question, Cebu is fine no problem. That would have been the alternative I would have suggested if Manila was full.

Sorry for your delay. Good luck.

Oh Yes we do have all the documents ready incase they will ask me. I haven't buy my ticket yet, we will book it once I have the visa on hand but my fiance is flying back to the US on the 31. So I really have to get that sticker before my departure. I dont want to fly alone! ? It's a big pain I know but I have to take my only chance just to fly with him. But I'll try to call CFO MNL to check if we can request for an early spot. Thank you for all the help, we're almost there! Hehe

Timeline

so i sent back in the rfe last week and i guess everything will be fine. have my fingers crossed lol and after they give me mnl number i was just wondering will they be sending her a packet or just to embassy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Once NVC received my case they took 2 days to process and mail to embassy!!!! YAY

Now, what?

The Vancouver embassy says that you can't schedule an appointment without receiving a packet. How do I know if the packet was sent?

I got my case ID and and Invoice number on the phone.

STARTED: Same sex couple. USC living in San Diego, CA. French citizen living in Vancouver, Canada.

12/11/2015 - Mailed I-129F Packet (Friday)

Spoiler

12/14/2015 - USPS Tracking confirmed receipt (Monday)

12/17/2015 - Received USCIS Email/Text (NOA1) (Thursday)

12/21/2015 - Received USCIS OFFICIAL LETTER (NOA1)

02/03/2016 - Received RFE Text

02/09/2016 - USCIS received RFE answer from me

02/12/2016 - Received NOA2 Text!

03/09/2016 - NVC received case!

03/11/2016 - NVC Sent it to Embassy

03/17/2016 - Consulate Received Case! (Shows "Ready" in ceac)

03/22/2016 - Sent in Packet 3 and scheduled interview before being sent Packet 4

03/23/2016 - Got sent Packet 4

04/05/2016 - Medical Interview in Vancouver

04/12/2016 - INTERVIEW DATE AT CONSULATE in Vancouver

04/12/2016 - APPROVED!!!!!!!!! Visa in 5-7 Days!!

04/15/2016 - VISA IN HAND

-----------------------------------------------------

POE 05/10/2016

Marriage 05/13/2016

08/26/2016 - Received Tracking saying AOS package received.

09/01/2016 - Received Texts with MSC Receipt #s (cannot look them up at USCIS)

10/25/2016 - AED says "New Card is Being Produced". AP says "Case was Approved". AOS says "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview".

10/31/2016 - Received hard copy of AP in mail.

11/05/2016 - Received Employment Authorization in mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Once NVC received my case they took 2 days to process and mail to embassy!!!! YAY

Now, what?

The Vancouver embassy says that you can't schedule an appointment without receiving a packet. How do I know if the packet was sent?

I got my case ID and and Invoice number on the phone.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

This is how you check your case status now. When it changes to "Ready", the packet has probably been sent. You can perhaps proceed with your police clearance, DS-160, Affidavit of Support and supporting evidence, perhaps schedule your medical exam.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

This is how you check your case status now. When it changes to "Ready", the packet has probably been sent. You can perhaps proceed with your police clearance, DS-160, Affidavit of Support and supporting evidence, perhaps schedule your medical exam.

She has her police reports and I have my affidavit of support. She can't schedule a medical without an interview date. So that leaves the DS-160.

Also, a K1 is a Non-Immigrant VISA no?

If I put the case number on the IMMIGRANT VISA then it says "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."... But if I put it in the NON-IMMIGRANT it doesn't show up yet.

STARTED: Same sex couple. USC living in San Diego, CA. French citizen living in Vancouver, Canada.

12/11/2015 - Mailed I-129F Packet (Friday)

Spoiler

12/14/2015 - USPS Tracking confirmed receipt (Monday)

12/17/2015 - Received USCIS Email/Text (NOA1) (Thursday)

12/21/2015 - Received USCIS OFFICIAL LETTER (NOA1)

02/03/2016 - Received RFE Text

02/09/2016 - USCIS received RFE answer from me

02/12/2016 - Received NOA2 Text!

03/09/2016 - NVC received case!

03/11/2016 - NVC Sent it to Embassy

03/17/2016 - Consulate Received Case! (Shows "Ready" in ceac)

03/22/2016 - Sent in Packet 3 and scheduled interview before being sent Packet 4

03/23/2016 - Got sent Packet 4

04/05/2016 - Medical Interview in Vancouver

04/12/2016 - INTERVIEW DATE AT CONSULATE in Vancouver

04/12/2016 - APPROVED!!!!!!!!! Visa in 5-7 Days!!

04/15/2016 - VISA IN HAND

POE 05/10/2016

Marriage 05/13/2016

08/26/2016 - Received Tracking saying AOS package received.

09/01/2016 - Received Texts with MSC Receipt #s (cannot look them up at USCIS)

10/25/2016 - AED says "New Card is Being Produced". AP says "Case was Approved". AOS says "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview".

10/31/2016 - Received hard copy of AP in mail.

11/05/2016 - Received Employment Authorization in mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

She has her police reports and I have my affidavit of support. She can't schedule a medical without an interview date. So that leaves the DS-160.

If I put the case number on the IMMIGRANT VISA then it says "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."... But if I put it in the NON-IMMIGRANT it doesn't show up yet.

Yes, it is a non-immigrant Visa. However, the State Department goes back and forth in how they treat the K1 in various places. For that case lookup, it will show up through Immigrant Visa. If I recall correctly, the DS-160 treats the K1 as a non-immigrant Visa. However, here: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/all-visa-categories.html, the K1 is once again listed as an Immigrant Visa.

If you want to check status of your case on its way to your consulate, use the link I gave you otherwise you will be waiting a "very" long time.

I want to think that the "logic" for the back and forth treatment is that the K1 (really all the K's) are not permanent themselves, there is an expiration date, however their intent is to be permanent, so in a sense, they look at the beneficiaries as immigrants.

Edited by HappyAndIKnowIt

dave2u, on 13 Mar 2016 - 9:57 PM, said:

so i sent back in the rfe last week and i guess everything will be fine. have my fingers crossed lol and after they give me mnl number i was just wondering will they be sending her a packet or just to embassy

The interview/application will be sent to the Embassy. 99% of the time no beneficiary in the Phil ever receives Packet 3. That's because Phil Post sucks big time. So don't look for it.

This is why we advocate getting your MNL# (case number) from NVC after you are approved. Once you have the MNL# you can pay your visa fee, schedule your interview, complete the DS-160 and complete your medical.

I answer most all your questions on what to do next and where do you get forms. I prevent the RFE's and Gotchas. Just follow my website. http://dennyeyberg.wix.com/filipino-am-visa

It's designed that you move from one tab to the next tab but only after completing the steps within the tab. I will walk you all the way through your visa, documents to have once she arrives in the US, AOS, ROC and Naturalization. It's FREE.

Good luck on your journey.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

kmids, on 14 Mar 2016 - 6:20 PM, said:

As a K1, when checking your case online at CEAC you have to select "immigrant visa" as it is treated like as such even though it is a "non-immigrant visa". Don't ask why, as no one has been able to articulate why!

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, it is a non-immigrant Visa. However, the State Department goes back and forth in how they treat the K1 in various places. For that case lookup, it will show up through Immigrant Visa. If I recall correctly, the DS-160 treats the K1 as a non-immigrant Visa. However, here: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/all-visa-categories.html, the K1 is once again listed as an Immigrant Visa.

If you want to check status of your case on its way to your consulate, use the link I gave you otherwise you will be waiting a "very" long time.

I want to think that the "logic" for the back and forth treatment is that the K1 (really all the K's) are not permanent themselves, there is an expiration date, however their intent is to be permanent, so in a sense, they look at the beneficiaries as immigrants.

Yes I noticed that. When i checked mine under immigrant it says its ready, but when I tried to call the consulate they said it wasn't there. It also makes you fill out the DS-160 under non. So Is it safe to just fill out and set the interview up before the letter from the consulate comes?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.